(OT) Me fall down, go boom

Old March 30th 05, 05:20 AM
Mischief

ouchie!!!!

Purrs to you to feel better,

Kristi, Mischief and Imp

Old March 30th 05, 05:42 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:39:59 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:12:11 +0000, glsummer wrote:

Yesterday, I had to have my tax person, Barbara, do my taxes, as I do
every year. It's never fun, and it was worse this year because I had to
tell her it would be ahwile before I could pay her. Luckily, she's an old
friend and understanding, so it will be okay, and she *will* get paid.

So I leave there, granny cart in tow, expecting to go pick up some meds
for me needles for Cosmo, and groceries.

I never make it out of the lot.

There is a culvert there. I am very aware it is there. It is in my mind
to be careful, but for some reason, I am looking for where the bus stop is
and not thinking and

BOOM!

I go down, hard.

I can't move. I have fallen and I can't get up. And I feel like some
stupid helpless old lady. I have done something to my left knee, and
twisted my right ankle, and I'm in the cold in a wet culvert, with no one
around on the busiest street in town. I start screaming.

CLIP

Well -- if you are back using the computer, you have already started to
heal. I' fell by tripping over an uneven sidewalk and ended up with a
broken hip (about 12 years ago) It is a horrible feeling to fall down
and now be able to get up. Purrs for a speedy recovery. MLB

Ginger-Lyn, I hope you recover soon. MLB, I know what you mean about
tripping on a sidewalk. My mother did that once, while carrying a
grocery sack cradled in her arm. She didn't break anything, but she
landed on the point of her elbow, sending the shock up her arm, and
sprained her shoulder badly enough that it took her a year to get back
the full range of motion in that arm.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 30th 05, 07:53 AM
Melissa Houle

Ouch! sorry about the fall, the pain and the embarrasment, Ginger-lyn. At
least the paramedics were nice, though. If the pain isn't better, do see a
doctor. Alas, sprains can be nasty. Broken bones actually heal up very well.
It's soft tissue that can be the trouble. But if it makes you feel better,
me and my three left feet are capable of tripping over linoleum patterns.

Melissa.
wrote in message
[...]

Luckily, a kind passerby, Angie, stops to help me up and call for an
ambulance on her cell phone (much as I hate those things, there are
times when they are a *good* thing). My left knee looks like raw
meat. I am dizzy, maybe in shock a little. The EMTs are nice
fellows, and take a look at everything. They don't think the ankle is
broken, and don't think the knee needs stitches. That's a relief,
although I am in pain and can hardly walk. They get me to the back of
the ambulance to get warm and tell me they can take me to the hospital
or will take me home if I don't feel I need to go to the hospital.
Well, if nothing's broken and I don't need stitches, I'd just as soon
go home! So they kindly drive me home, while I talk to the one ENT
about his family of two Black Labs and one cat, and my family of eight
cats. He tells me to do the ice and elevation thing on my ankle, and
clean the wound on my knee with hydrogen peroxide and then use
antibiotic ointment, and take some Advil or something like that.

They help me up the stairs, and I do all the things he told me, and
lay down on the couch and cried for awhile.

Whatever I did to the Powers That Be, I take it back!

Ginger-lyn
hurtin', swellin' and achin'

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)

Old March 30th 05, 08:51 AM
wafflycat

Get well soon, Ginger-lyn. A very good aid to stop any swelling. Wrap a
packet of frozen peas in a clean t-towel & place over the injury. When the
peas have defrosted, refreeze. Just don't eat the peas!

Cheers, helen s

Old March 30th 05, 09:01 AM
Yoj

(((((((((((Ginger-lyn))))))))))))

I hope you heal quickly.

Joy

Old March 30th 05, 01:51 PM
melizabeth

{{Ginger-lyn}} You poor thing! Owie! You must be so sore. I'm glad that
someone heard you and got you the help you needed. Get better soon!

Old March 30th 05, 06:05 PM
Susan M

Ouch Ginger-lyn! I hope that you're feeling a bit better now and that
things will pick up soon. They always do pick up but sometimes its hard to
believe that I know.

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester