Persia's Odd Bathtub Behavior this A.M.

Old April 16th 04, 11:44 PM
jmcquown

Default Persia's Odd Bathtub Behavior this A.M.

I was in the bathtub prior to getting ready for work this morning. Persia
stepped from the toilet seat lid onto the edge of the tub and started
meowing. This, in itself, is not unusual. But this morning she started
leaning down towards the water, reaching one paw towards it, meowing
constantly. I actually thought for a minute she was going to jump into the
bath with me!

I have no idea what prompted this behavior. After a minute, she looked at
me and then turned around and stepped back over onto the toilet seat lid
again.

Jill

Old April 17th 04, 02:26 AM
JP Hobbs

Henri R.B. was always falling or jumping in the bath with me, I used to
shout for my Daughter to come and get him to dry him off, he also used to
toget in the baby's bath after I had taken the baby out,[ I used to foster ]
once
when I had the bath running I went to check and found him standing in
an almost full bath .Iwas a bit worried that time as the bath was a lot
warmer thanwhen he usually sbmerged himself. cheers Jean.P.
. ..

Old April 17th 04, 04:20 AM
jmcquown

CATherine wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:44:58 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I was in the bathtub prior to getting ready for work this morning.
Persia stepped from the toilet seat lid onto the edge of the tub and
started meowing. This, in itself, is not unusual. But this morning
she started leaning down towards the water, reaching one paw towards
it, meowing constantly. I actually thought for a minute she was
going to jump into the bath with me!

I have no idea what prompted this behavior. After a minute, she
looked at me and then turned around and stepped back over onto the
toilet seat lid again.

Jill

Perhaps she was trying to tell you a tub of water is not proper
bathing behaviour and you should get out of the wet stuff.

CATherine

She usually pokes her head around the shower curtain and meows at me, or, in
the instance of a bath, just sort of yowls like "Are you nuts?!" This time,
however, she actually looked like she wanted IN with me. Too strange.

Jill

Old April 17th 04, 08:29 PM
Jo Firey

Rosie is the first of my cats to take notice of tub baths. And it really
bothers her. She walks the edge of the tub, and dips her paws in the water,
licks my shoulders and sometimes will even get in and walk or sit on me. It
is obvious she doesn't think I'm doing it right. Then she wants to dry me
once I get out.

Her newest is pulling my hair. She used to just gently poke me with a claw
when she wanted me up (usually in an arm pit) but now will firmly grip a bit
of hair and tug.

So if I suffocate in bed, I was hiding from the cat.

Jo
. ..

Old April 18th 04, 12:38 AM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
Rosie is the first of my cats to take notice of tub baths. And it
really bothers her. She walks the edge of the tub, and dips her paws
in the water, licks my shoulders and sometimes will even get in and
walk or sit on me. It is obvious she doesn't think I'm doing it
right. Then she wants to dry me once I get out.

Her newest is pulling my hair. She used to just gently poke me with
a claw when she wanted me up (usually in an arm pit) but now will
firmly grip a bit of hair and tug.

So if I suffocate in bed, I was hiding from the cat.

Jo

Shall I put you on speed dial for 911? G

Jill
. ..