(OT) I'm just SOOOOOO happy

Old May 3rd 04, 12:15 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old May 3rd 04, 02:22 AM
Hopitus2

Good song....and sad. But no tractors replacing them @ Budweiser. What a
dull sight that would be, right? Tractors pulling the beer trucks.

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
: in article , John F. Eldredge at
:
wrote on 5/2/04 6:15 PM:
:
:
: On Sat, 1 May 2004 20:04:22 -0500, "GraceCat"
: wrote:
:
: The famous Budweiser clydesdales.
:
: I like those and the belgiums, which are a bit smaller but not by
: much
:
: Grace
:
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: ...
: LOL; I assume Smarty Jones is a horse and not his jockey. I am
: always
: glad
: they finish big bucks races like that without breaking any of
: their
: skinny
: little legs (that goes for both men and beasts). Not much into
: equines anyway, I prefer the fat hairy ones with big legs and feet
: that pull
: beer
: wagons; for some reason they look healthier and calmer, if not
: faster
: and
: prettier. But kowabunga, congrats to Smarty Jones; may he live
: long
: and
: prosper.
:
:
: Have you heard the song "The Last Trip Home", written by Davy Steele
: and performed by the Scottish musical group called the Battlefield
: Band (
http://www.battlefieldband.co.uk)? It is a bittersweet song
: about a plowman, or rather ploughman, taking his team of Clydesdales
: home from their last job; from this point on, a tractor will be used
: instead.
:
: And a' the years I've plied my trade, an a' the fields we've
: ploughed and laid, I never thought I'd see the time when a
: Clydesdale's work wid ever end, But progress runs its driven
: course, and tractors hae replaced the horse.
:
: How sad!
:

Old May 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , GraceCat at
wrote on 5/2/04 7:56 PM:

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Christine

Burel at
wrote on 5/2/04 12:01 AM:

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I know this is SO off topic but I watched the Kentucky Derby and oh

man
Smarty Jones is a legend now. I don't know if anyone else follows

the game
but this was indeed memorable by any standard. Can Smarty be an

honorary
cat?

Karen

I used to be able to follow all the prep races (before kiddos) and

have
always loved the Triple Crown races. I only got to see the race and

not see
all the pre-race info but it does sound like Smarty Jones is an

amazing
horse.
Here's hoping we might have the Triple Crown winner!
Christine

I think he can do it. I really do!

Do you remember Charismatic? (or maybe Charisma) My spelling may be off
but he was the horse oh, three years ago that won both the Derby and the
Belmont but when he ran the third, he fractured his leg. (or is the
Belmont the third one, I don't remember) He was a strong favored to be a
triple crown. I surely hope Smarty wins it though. He sounds fantastic.

Grace

yeah, Charismatic. Chris Antley (RB) jumped off and held the leg until they
could get him off. Some credit him with saving the horses life by keeping
the fracture from being irrepairable. One thing about Smarty, he seems
(knock on wood) extremely hardy. Even when he smashed his face in thirty
ways from Sunday he didn't even miss a meal. He was reportedly eating like a
horse last night and playing with his hay net. I hope he stays HEALTHY!!

Kakren