Purrs for East Coast

Old August 30th 04, 09:59 PM
Ann

Default Purrs for East Coast

Purrs for all the cats and their slaves that live on the east coast. Looks
like there is going to be some heavy rain and wind from the storms coming
through.
Ann

Old August 31st 04, 04:48 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Ann" had some very interesting things to say
about Purrs for East Coast:

Purrs for all the cats and their slaves that live on the east coast. Looks
like there is going to be some heavy rain and wind from the storms coming
through.

I saw that at work today [temp assignment]. I was talking to someone
in PA and we lost our connection, then I couldn't call him back for
several hours because I couldn't get through. When I did get in touch,
he very apologetically explained that there were major storms in his
area.

Could have been worse. I still remember the time last December I was
on the phone with a tech support caller and suddenly said something
like "Oh my God", while scrambling under my desk. Said caller did
sympathize when I explained that we had an earthquake in progress.

Old August 31st 04, 05:04 AM
Tanada

Ann wrote:

Purrs for all the cats and their slaves that live on the east coast. Looks
like there is going to be some heavy rain and wind from the storms coming
through.
Ann

As one of the possible recipients of Frances, after receiving Bonnie,
Charley, and Gaston, thanks. Fortunately none of them were that bad by
the time they got here.

Pam S. getting tired of the wet

Old September 5th 04, 05:52 AM
Charleen Welton

Thank you all very much for the purrs and the thoughts, they mean and have
meant more than you will ever know. My very dear DH, David, is an over the
road, 48 state truck driver. He was not here during Charley. We were very
lucky and suffer no damage, just annoying things. David is now home to
finish up the little Charley stuff and to meet Frances head on.

Before getting our stuff together we committed to helping three neighbors
who were not able to do for themselves. Oh, my the first one didn't work
out well as we found Frank on the side of his house trying to put up the
hurricane shutters, which we told him we would do, he was unable to walk,
had difficulty breathing and was giving us inappropriate answers to our
questions. I called 911. Frank was taken to the hopital David finished
putting up the shutters, I put away the tools and called his daughter.

Off we went to do our second good deed which was to help and adult daughter
and her 80 year old dad nail down tarps over the existing plastic and tarps
which covered the $50K worth of damage done by Charley. Marva and David did
the work on the roof, Dad is the gathering of the supplies, I toted the
items up the ladder and climbed back down except for the last climb down
when the ladder slid out from under me. Hit my forehead, chin, glasses hit
the bridge of my nose, a few bruises under my upper arms, nothing on my
torso, hips, pelvic bones or thighs. But the knees, shins, ankles, feet,
toes! Right knee cap is broken, left knee cap is swollen and black and red.
Shins are a collection of cuts, concrete rashes, contussions. And one, only
one of my toes is black and blue.

I am suppose to be lying down resting this leg, which of course I am not
doing, which is driving my DH mad as he has so much to do. I'm wrting this
at about 10 of one Florida time so I can get it out before it gets to
rough here. We are getting some wind and rain now but not expected to get
the "big stuff" until later.

Thank you all for your thoughts and mine go out to the other central
Floridians.

Charleen

Old September 5th 04, 06:15 AM
Jo Firey

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Oh my heavens. And I was just listening to them talking on TV about so many
of the hurricane related injuries being people getting ready for and
cleaning up after. Sounds like you have had quite your share and a few
neighbors worth already. Hope you don't feel too horrible after the
adrenaline wears off, and that the storm passes you by.

Jo