Howdy follks. guess what?

Old February 15th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Howdy follks. guess what?

AARRRRGH! I'm really sorry to hear this.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

Aarrgh!!!

Tweed

Old February 15th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:31:31 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

major bummer, Lee
Christina Websell wrote in message

Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

Aarrgh!!!

Tweed

Man, is that rude.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old February 15th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

WTF??? They'd better have a decent reason. I can't imagine having to
prepare myself as you've had to do, making all the practical and logistical
arrangements, not to mention the emotional preparation. Nobody looks
forward to surgery, but after all that, to have it pulled out from under
you at the 11th hour like that must have left you in a state of disbelief.
I can't think of anything more inconsiderate to do to a person. It's not
a trivial matter to get ready for major surgery! Grrrr!

Indignant purrs,

Joyce
Old February 16th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

Aarrgh!!!

Oh, no! I don't believe it!

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 16th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 15, 9:57 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

Aarrgh!!!

Tweed

Unbelievable! How incredibly rude of them! As Sherry said, I hope
whoever cancelled that has a terrible week and weekend, filled with
inconvenience and frustrations large and small. And to tell you when
you were practically on your way to the hospital! Just blows my
mind. I don't blame you for being upset!
Fuming sympathetically,

Melissa

Old February 16th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Argh! Purrs that you can get the surgery over with ASAP, and that it has a
good outcome.
Suz&Spiceey

Old February 16th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Had a phone call at 8.10 a.m. to say my operation was cancelled..AGAIN.

Aarrgh!!!

Tweed

what a bummer. Still purring and praying for you all the way.

Lily & her mama

Old February 16th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default UPDATE: Howdy folks. guess what?

When I got my appointment letter 6 or so weeks ago, I was told to arrive on
the ward at 7.30 a.m. I phoned up to say there is no way I can get in for
that time, there is no public transport from my house direct to the hospital
and I have to rely on volunteer "ambulance cars" which don't start now until
8.30. The person asked me what time I thought I could get in, so I said I'd
try and order the first car to get there for about 9. She said this was
okay and sent me another appointment letter with 9 a.m. on it, instead of
7.30.

And the reason my operation was cancelled? No-one had apparently told the
surgeon or the ward that I would need to arrive a bit later, so when I
wasn't there at 7.30 a.m. my surgeon told them to phone me to say he would
not operate on me on that day. I suppose he thought if I couldn't be
bothered to get there on time, he couldn't be bothered to operate on me..
Personally I find this attitude the height of arrogance. I was so upset
when they phoned me to cancel again that I burst into tears.
There's a joke here in the UK: Q"what's the difference between God and a
consultant? A"God knows that he isn't a consultant."

I can hardly work now. I have to keep going to an empty office to lie on
the floor to try and get the thingie back in as it hurts so much when it is
out.
My aunt Margaret was so furious about the 3rd cancellation that she phoned
the hospital and gave them a blast.
I spoke to her this morning and she said that she was so worried about
losing her temper when she rang that she had to pray about it beforehand for
strength to keep calm. That is SO unacceptable at 82.

Tweed

Old February 16th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:17:00 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

That is terrible. It's too bad that she couldn't have been smart
enough to have sent a copy of the second letter to the surgeon, or at
the very least, notified the surgeon's office of the time change.

Purrs, prayers, and hugs that you'll get this taken care of in a
timely manner.
--
Hugs and Purrs,

Nan and the Furkids
Old February 16th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

When I got my appointment letter 6 or so weeks ago, I was told to arrive
on the ward at 7.30 a.m. I phoned up to say there is no way I can get in
for that time, there is no public transport from my house direct to the
hospital and I have to rely on volunteer "ambulance cars" which don't
start now until 8.30. The person asked me what time I thought I could get
in, so I said I'd try and order the first car to get there for about 9.
She said this was okay and sent me another appointment letter with 9 a.m.
on it, instead of 7.30.

And the reason my operation was cancelled? No-one had apparently told the
surgeon or the ward that I would need to arrive a bit later, so when I
wasn't there at 7.30 a.m. my surgeon told them to phone me to say he would
not operate on me on that day.

Poor Tweed, that is truly appalling!

I hope you'll be advising your MP, County & District Councillor and local
newspaper about this abysmal incompetence compounded and aggravated by
unacceptable arrogance.

You've got the 9.00am appointment letter to parade in front of every VIP who
you can get involved in this, following which I hope you find a place to
stuff it where the sun rarely shines.

Purrs that the morons realize their bloomer and put it right fast.

Gordon (seething on your behalf) & the FF