(OT) Meet Annie

Old January 29th 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default (OT) Meet Annie

Most of you already know about our elderly dog's passing. Jeff (DH) has
always had a dog, except the years he was in the Navy, college, or living in
an apartment.

Se we "had" to have another dog. Sarah D., you've already met her, but at
the shelter she was known as Hazel when she was first there (we have no
knowledge of how she ended up at the shelter), then she was adopted out and
renamed Bianca. Her new owner ended up not having time for her (she is a
nurse at a local hospital, and the shelter was told that she was picking up
many extra shifts), so she was returned (in less than a month!) in order for
her to find a home (she came with a frilly pink collar, leash and harness)
with people who did have time for her. Hopefully, that will be us. and her
new name is Annie (for Queen Anne). She's about a year and a half old, so
she still has some energy to burn. When it gets light out, I'm taking her
for a long walk on Clear Creek Trail (nearby park).

They had her breed down as "whippet mix".. She does have greyhound/whippet
hind legs, and is rather skinny, but has some sort of hound face, and more
beagle-like fur. She weighs in at about than 25 lbs, which is no more than
our older dog did, but has much longer legs and body. We took her for a
long walk yesterday afternoon before we brought her home (and I think I'm
feeling it more than she is), and she appears to be crate trained (she took
to the crate right away), and wouldn't eat from her dish unless it was in
her crate. Here's a pic of her in her domain
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21470...nZr?vhost=pets

But from then on she wouldn't hold still, and there are 5 more pictures. Me
scratching her chin:
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/29738...seb?vhost=pets

And I was trying to get a picture of the lightly off-center "part" that she
has on top of her head - a thin line of white just to the right of center,
but it's hard to see for the sheen of her coat, and it appears to our left
in the pictu
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24964...VWK?vhost=pets
I love her brown 'eyebrows' - reminds me of the dog we had when I was little
(real little, under 5!), whose name was Tippy.

I did get a short video of her at "sit" - she knows that (if you have a
treat in your hand)! - this was actually supposed to be a picture, but my
camera sometimes refuses to turn over to camera mode from video mode when
you flip the switch (sometimes it makes you wait!).
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21470...nZr?vhost=pets

We are going to sign her up for training at one of the local places, but the
next round of classes doesn't start until late February!

Wish us luck with Annie, and pray that she fits in my class schedule, and
Jeff's work!
--
^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 29th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Most of you already know about our elderly dog's passing. Jeff (DH) has
always had a dog, except the years he was in the Navy, college, or living in
an apartment.

Se we "had" to have another dog.

Ooh, what a nice-looking d*ggie. Congratulations to all of you, I hope
you'll be very happy together. But what do the cats say about having a
young energetic d*g around?

Old January 29th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Marina" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Most of you already know about our elderly dog's passing. Jeff (DH) has
always had a dog, except the years he was in the Navy, college, or living
in an apartment.

Se we "had" to have another dog.

Ooh, what a nice-looking d*ggie. Congratulations to all of you, I hope
you'll be very happy together. But what do the cats say about having a
young energetic d*g around?

She's actually quite mellow. Some cats have braved meeting her through the
gat in the kitchen doorway, and some have gone into hiding! It'll take
sometime. So far Annie has only sniffed at them, but we're keeping a close
watch as whippets/greyhounds are 'sight' hounds, meaning that they like to
go after things that move.... and while several of our cats are sedentary
(as in they nap a lot) there are moments of kitty zoomies!

Yesterday Barney braved going into the kitchen with her, Annie was at the
gate and I saw Barney in there with her..... and While Anne was getting into
squirm mode because she saw me, Barney dashed past and over the gate - Anne
looked in his direction, but not in any kind of aggressive way, more of a
"huh, what was that?" way.

Old January 30th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2008-01-29 05:22:11 -0600, "Magic Mood Jeep" said:

[...]

Oh she is very cute! And looks quite sweet. Has she been around cats?

Old January 30th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Good luck, MMJ. Annie, methinks you've found a wonderful home!
Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Meet my two new kittens: Cricket & Gin Gin Flippy[_3_] Cat anecdotes 16 November 18th 07 08:09 PM
OT Meet Gus Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 23rd 05 08:01 PM
Going to meet the baby Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 18 July 6th 05 01:24 AM
Meet Sonya Tanada Cat anecdotes 26 January 24th 05 08:18 PM
Off to meet the Shirks Sam Nash Cat anecdotes 7 July 1st 04 06:26 AM