Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Old February 11th 05, 04:24 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Gung Hay Fat Choy!:

Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ; What
about you guys?
http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

Not that you want to hear this, but you share a birth year with my
mother ;-).

I was born in August 1969, which according to the site you linked,
puts me in a rooster year [funny, about the only thing I like about
chickens is how they taste when cooked ;-)].

Old February 11th 05, 04:25 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Gung Hay Fat Choy!:

LOL! I didn't think to look up the cats. OK, Bandit - 1990 - is a horse,
Demi - 1999 - a cat, Jessie - 2000 - a dragon, and Sammy (LOL) - 2004 - a
*monkey*!!! DH, BTW - 1960 - is a rat.

We *think* Felix was born ca. 1993, which has him being a rooster like
Meowmie :-) [funny, it's Ava who decides to greet the morning at high
volume :-)].

DH, BTW, born Nov. 1962, came up a tiger.

Old February 11th 05, 04:26 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com)
had some very interesting things to say about Gung Hay Fat Choy!:

Donna, and Captain and Stanley who think EVERY year is the Year of the Cat

But it IS!!!

Felix, thinking Captain and Stanley could use some help training their
human

Old February 11th 05, 03:14 PM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy" means,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"

I don't know if anyone else here is Chinese, but I'm 4th generation
Cantonese. My family has been here since the early 1900s.

My great-great-grandfather on my dad's side got a special exemption
certificate to come to the US (Cause the US had put a ban on Chinese
immigration at that time)

My great-great-grandfather on my mom's side came to Ensenada Mexico
and then snuck into San Diego on a fishing boat.

Normally I go all out and cook a feast, but i'm so busy this year, I
just ordered out.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Kristi

Happy new year to you. It makes me feel old, this is the fourth year of
the Rooster I've lived through.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 11th 05, 06:17 PM
Christina Websell

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[[Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ; What
about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

Hugs,

CatNipped]]

Well! I was born in the year of the Cat! ) I always thought it was the
year of the Rabbit. And it is... according to the explanations of the
years I found on that site, the year could be either Cat or Rabbit
depending on which system one is using.

Maybe it means that I'll have some spoiled pet bunny rabbits some day, to
go along with the pampered cats. )

Donna, and Captain and Stanley who think EVERY year is the Year of the Cat

I'm a cat too! Boyfriend is a horse.
(explains his appetite when he's given something he likes..)

Tweed

Old February 12th 05, 05:14 AM
W. Leong

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

I am Chinese living in Canada. M great grandfather and grandfather also
lived in U.S. But they eventually went back to China. I went to colleges
in U.S.

BTW, Gung Hay Fat Choy literally means Wishing you Good Fortune.

Winnie

oups.com...

Old February 15th 05, 01:17 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-10, Mischief penned:
In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy" means, "Happy
Chinese New Year!"

I don't know if anyone else here is Chinese, but I'm 4th generation
Cantonese. My family has been here since the early 1900s.

There was a special on Animal Planet last night about how the real animals
match up to the zodiac attributes. It was interesting, but I had to get to
bed, so I missed half of it.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully