Boyfie went out

Old November 5th 12, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie went out

This evening before the fireworks for Guy Fawkes night and Diwali started.
They are very loud now and he hasn't returned after a couple of hours. He's
seen it all before so will probably be Ok but I'd prefer to have him inside
away from it.

As we speak he flew inside when I opened the back door for the nth time to
get him in. He isn't allowed out until tomorrow.

Lots of big fireworks going off now but he is in, safely. Phew.

Old November 5th 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
This evening before the fireworks for Guy Fawkes night and Diwali
started. They are very loud now and he hasn't returned after a couple
of hours. He's seen it all before so will probably be Ok but I'd prefer
to have him inside away from it.

As we speak he flew inside when I opened the back door for the nth time
to get him in. He isn't allowed out until tomorrow.

Lots of big fireworks going off now but he is in, safely. Phew.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been through the same tonight.

When we came home from work, I said we needed to go to the wine shop which
is about 100 yards from our house. DH left me with the car, I wanted a lot
of wine, and walked home. He then let Sootie out as we normally do.
Forgetting that it's Guy Fawkes night. By the time I got home, 15 minutes
later, she was nowhere to be seen. Boy was I on tenterhooks. she came in
at 8.10 very verbal and is now having a wash on her towel which is on the
sitting room floor and covered in catnip.

....Time away from computer......

I'm back. She demanded a came of ping pong. A catslave has to do what the
owner wants.

Thank Bast that they're both home safe.

Judith

He's safe. I live near Leicester which has a huge asian population and
Diwali is celebrated with huge fireworks.
I always like it when in coincides near enough with Guy Fawkes night,
otherwise we have fireworks for weeks.
Poor Boyfie had been in since yesterday (raining all day) and wanted a wee,
he stepped one foot out and a big firework went off this morning and he shot
back inside. When I say a big firework I mean like WW3 going off. Those are
supposed to be illegal now.

Old November 6th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

I thought the Guy Fawkes fireworks would have been over tonight but
they've been going off again.

It's the same here with Independence Day/July 4. Except that people start
setting them off at least a week or more in advance, and they continue on
for another week or so, until the people run out of them. They *are* illegal,
but you'd never know it.

Not as bad as last night and Sootie was
home, would you believe she came in early tonight. Why couldn't she do
that last night?

Are you worried for her safety? Or do you just not want her out wandering
around scared? My kitties barely notice fireworks, but I live in a pretty
middle-class neighborhood and there just aren't many going off. The noise
barely rates an ear twitch. I feel worse for dogs that live close to where
people are setting off lots of fireworks. For some reason dogs seem to be
a lot more sensitive to the sound and get much more upset. A friend of mine
used to go out to the country around July 4 to bring her dog away from the
city. I was with her and her dog one year when they didn't leave town, and
the poor thing was shaking and cowering under the desk at our feet (we were
sitting at her computer).

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com
Old November 6th 12, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I thought the Guy Fawkes fireworks would have been over tonight but
they've been going off again.

It's the same here with Independence Day/July 4. Except that people
start setting them off at least a week or more in advance, and they
continue on for another week or so, until the people run out of them.

There's been a trend in recent years to have fireworks for Halloween
as well, so they go on longer than they used to.

This little incident was about three miles away. I'm surprised I didn't
hear it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-20220853
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YNkN-6usk

Old November 7th 12, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

I'm in Lye near Stourbridge and we also have an Asian community, not huge
but noticeable. I think Diwali is the 15th.

This explains why the fireworks were crazy last Sunday, the switch on of the
lights
http://www.leicester.gov.uk/diwali/
so there more to come.

I thought the Guy Fawkes fireworks would have been over tonight but
they've been going off again. Not as bad as last night and Sootie was
home, would you believe she came in early tonight. Why couldn't she do
that last night?

I can't answer that question ;-)
If we trust our cats to be indoor/outdoor we also have to trust them to make
their own decisions about what they find dangerous or not. Boyfie is
sensible about danger, probably Sootie is too.
I would not like to keep him inside, here on the edge of the countryside on
the offchance he had forgotten what he learned when he was a wandering boy
and KFC adopted him and brought him here.

Tweed