Angry and Depressed

Old March 9th 04, 04:23 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Ginger-lynn, I am so very sorry that this has happened to you and to
Sadie. We shall send purrs that the situation resolves itself to for
the very best for Sadie. Purrs and hugs on the way for you.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old March 10th 04, 04:35 AM
Christine Burel

Hugs, Ginger-lyn.
Christine
"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:57:08 -0500, "lrulan"
wrote:

Hey, that's a thought! Ginger-lynn, ask your neighbor how much she wants

for
Sadie. I'm sure we can all contribute, hell I'll send you $20 towards

buying
her if some other people can help. How about it folks?
Lydia (Jazz's mama)

l{{{{{{Group}}}}}}}

You guys are all so wonderful, I hope you know that!

I may try that, but I am guessing he will not go for it (it's the guy
across the street that owns the cats; the awful abuser is a woman on
this side of the street). DH talked extensively to the guy when he
returned Sadie, and (men being as they are!) didn't tell me all the
details until yesterday. Apparently, Sadie is the daughter of another
white cat they have, and the granddaughter of their third cat, a
Russian Blue-Siamese mix. Yes, they have allowed two generations of
cats to breed :-( When I first saw Sadie's mom last year, I went over
and gave my brochure to the woman there (I put together a brochure
that has some very, very basic info about cat care, and a listing of
low-cost spay/neuter and vaccination programs -- I hand it out to
people when I see potential problems). Obviously, this family ignored
my information :-( The grandfather told DH they *were* going to get
them spayed, but they were remodeling the vet clinic (yeah, right.).
Grandma is pregnant again :-( He claims they will get her spayed
after the kittens are born. I'm not betting on it. He mentioned to
my husband that they probably would sell Grandma's kittens, but I
think they want to keep Sadie (whose real name is Spot, apparently).
I can try to make an offer, or maybe make an offer to have all of them
spayed (and that I could use help on!), but I'm not sure he'll go for
it. And of course, I can't keep Sadie, but would love to find her a
good home; she is *such* a sweetheart. I am so afraid I will see her
dead in the street one day soon :-(

Ginger-lyn

Old March 12th 04, 12:52 AM
Brenda

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
I am so angry and depressed.

Yesterday morning, at 7 am, that is a LOUD knock on our door. It is
our awful neighbor, the one who kept her cat chained up indoors for
years and let it slowly die from feleuk in her home :-( The one who
kept her dog chained up outside for days without adequate anything,
until I called the Humane Society on her. The one who lately
complained to the landlord (for the second time) about me leaving out
food and water dishes for stray cats. That one.

She is with a man from across the street, who claims Sadie, the white
kitten, is his. He describes her, and DH has no choice but to go get
her and return her to him. He has three cats, none of them fixed.
The kitten belongs to his other white cat. I have seen his Russian
Blue on my porch, standing on ice, looking sick and miserable, during
the coldest night of this winter. When this kitten and the others
were born, our former neighbors talked to them and tried to help when
mama cat didn't nurse. Would they take cat and kittens to vet? No.
We have tried nicely to explain to them that, on this busy street,
they need to keep the cats indoors. Do they? No.

I try to do the right thing, thinking this kitten is a stray, only to
find out she belongs to irresponsible owners. And I have no choice
but to return her. One day, I expect to see her dead in the street.
I am heartsick.

And angry.

My awful neighbor knows DH works second shift. She didn't have to
wake us up at 7 am. She didn't have to pound so loud on the door,
loud enough the entire neighborhood probably heard her. She had no
business being on my porch in the first place, saying to the man (as
DH overheard), "She fancies herself a rescuer, but doesn't even put
food in the dish". !? Yeah, it was empty, because the strays and
wanderers had eaten it when I put it out that early morning at 4 am.
And isn't she the one complaining about me putting food out in the
first place?

I am beginning to hate my neighborhood. I am sick of this particular
abusive, neglectful neighbor. I am tired of irresponsible cat owners.

And I am so sorry for little Sadie, and the life that she will have,
and that I couldn't change that for her and make it better.

A very tired and depressed,

Ginger-lyn

sending you some comforting purrs and hugs,
Brenda

Old March 12th 04, 08:37 AM
Helen Miles

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

I am so angry and depressed.

snipped sad story

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS GINGER LYN}}}}}}}}}}}}

Helen M

Old March 12th 04, 03:30 PM

I try to do the right thing, thinking this
kitten is a stray, only to find out she
belongs to irresponsible owners. And I
have no choice but to return her. =A0 One
day, I expect to see her dead in the street.
I am heartsick.

I would not give a kitten to someone who claims it's theirs unless they
can provide proof of ownership, preferably via photos and vet records.
I'm not trying to be harsh here, but knowing what the kitten would be
going back to, I would put up a fight and not surrender the cat unless I
was directed by law enforcement or a court to do so.

You do have an option though. It seems that these cats go outside and
are unsupervised. I would make sure the kitten and any other cats you
can get your hands on "disappear." This would take some planning and
time, but IMNSHO this is a worthwhile endeavor and the welfare of the
cats far exceeds anything regarding the so-called owner.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old March 12th 04, 03:39 PM

Hopitus2 wrote:
Next time you see this kitten out in the
rain, cold, on your doorstep or whatever,
just take her inside....keep your lip
zipped...and next time the bruja vieja (old
witch) bangs on your door, just get in her
face and snarl, "What cat?! Get your
******** out of here!". Let's say your
neighbors are not the salt of the
earth....neither are mine: substance
abusers around here; but they don't push
me around. There is no need to be a
goodnatured doormat.

APPLAUSE Another thing that could be done is to get the cats fixed if
they are running loose and easily captured. TNR for domestics!

Old December 13th 04, 09:01 PM
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Ginger-lyn Summer! said
I am so angry and depressed.

[evil animal-neglecting b*st*rd neighbor]

Godfather
Scratches cheek in a very Marlo Brandon-like manner.

You want that the RPCA mafia should pay a visit? I think we can
arrange for the head of a vole to be placed at the foot of her bed...
/Godfather

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--