Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Old February 10th 05, 02:44 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:38:07 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy" means,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"

I don't know if anyone else here is Chinese, but I'm 4th generation
Cantonese. My family has been here since the early 1900s.

My great-great-grandfather on my dad's side got a special exemption
certificate to come to the US (Cause the US had put a ban on Chinese
immigration at that time)

My great-great-grandfather on my mom's side came to Ensenada Mexico and
then snuck into San Diego on a fishing boat.

Normally I go all out and cook a feast, but i'm so busy this year, I
just ordered out.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Kristi

What year is this? I haven't been paying attention like I usually do.

We have a large Chinese American community in Marysville and one of the
biggest local events is the Bok Kai parade in March. We have a really
nice dragon and lots of San Francisco area stuff comes here then too.
There are always really nice parade posters with whichever animal is
current on it.

Happy lunar new year!

Jo

Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ; What
about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

My mom is a Tiger.

I am a Rat, and so is my Dad. In a weird cosmic coincidence, we are
also both Libras. Must be something to it, because we have all the
same bad qualities.

Stinky is a Goat.

Theresa
Old February 10th 05, 02:57 PM
CatNipped

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! I didn't think to look up the cats. OK, Bandit - 1990 - is a horse,
Demi - 1999 - a cat, Jessie - 2000 - a dragon, and Sammy (LOL) - 2004 - a
*monkey*!!! DH, BTW - 1960 - is a rat.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Old February 10th 05, 03:00 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:57:25 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:
(snip)

Sammy (LOL) - 2004 - a
*monkey*!!! DH, BTW - 1960 - is a rat.

Hey, there is something to this stuff.

Theresa
Old February 10th 05, 03:03 PM
jmcquown

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy" means,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"

Kristi

What year is this? I haven't been paying attention like I usually
do.

Jo

Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ;
What about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

My mom is a Tiger.

I am a Rat, and so is my Dad. In a weird cosmic coincidence, we are
also both Libras. Must be something to it, because we have all the
same bad qualities.

Stinky is a Goat.

Theresa

I'm a Rat too! But I'm a Leo, not a Libra.

Jill

Old February 10th 05, 04:05 PM
badwilson

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy"

means,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"

Kristi

What year is this? I haven't been paying attention like I

usually
do.

Jo

Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ;
What about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

My mom is a Tiger.

I am a Rat, and so is my Dad. In a weird cosmic coincidence, we

are
also both Libras. Must be something to it, because we have all the
same bad qualities.

Stinky is a Goat.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

I'm a Rat too! But I'm a Leo, not a Libra.

Jill

Me too. Gemini rat here.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old February 10th 05, 04:56 PM
SuzQ

I was born in '56 year of the Monkey.

Old February 10th 05, 05:47 PM
Gabey8

[[Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ; What
about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

Hugs,

CatNipped]]

Well! I was born in the year of the Cat! ) I always thought it was the
year of the Rabbit. And it is... according to the explanations of the
years I found on that site, the year could be either Cat or Rabbit
depending on which system one is using.

Maybe it means that I'll have some spoiled pet bunny rabbits some day, to
go along with the pampered cats. )

Donna, and Captain and Stanley who think EVERY year is the Year of the Cat

Old February 10th 05, 05:53 PM
CK

CatNipped wrote:

Not surprisingly, I was born in 1951 - the year of the cat!!! ; What
about you guys?

http://www.astro-uk.dircon.co.uk/chinese_years.html

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm a cat (1963) too, star sign cancer. DH 1976 a dragon-virgo. Laku
2000 a dragon-taurus and Nico 2004 a monkey-leo.
My dad's a pig-taurus, mom's a cat-leo, bro's an ox-leo.

The cats really do seem to have traits from both signs, the Chinese and
the "normal" horoscopes.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old February 10th 05, 06:46 PM
Bill Stock

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

It seems all the good people are Rats, but then I may be biased.

Old February 10th 05, 06:56 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On 9 Feb 2005 20:13:48 -0800, "Mischief"
wrote:

In case you don't know what that means, "Gung Hay Fat Choy" means,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"

I don't know if anyone else here is Chinese, but I'm 4th generation
Cantonese. My family has been here since the early 1900s.

My great-great-grandfather on my dad's side got a special exemption
certificate to come to the US (Cause the US had put a ban on Chinese
immigration at that time)

My great-great-grandfather on my mom's side came to Ensenada Mexico and
then snuck into San Diego on a fishing boat.

Normally I go all out and cook a feast, but i'm so busy this year, I
just ordered out.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Kristi

And a Happy Chinese New Year to you, Kristi! May it be filled with
wonder and joy.

Ginger-lyn