I'm depressed, too :-(

Old March 2nd 05, 02:56 AM
Singh

Purrs and hugs, a boatload of them. I know, I've been there. We had to give
Fritzie his fluids for over 2 years. You'll do fine. In the meantime, here's
a Brandy diesel purr for everything to come together happily for you.

PUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessed be,
Baha

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
I am prone to it, unfortunately, especially during winter. But
circumstances are making it worse.

Purrs, Ginger-lyn, that things will get better soon.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 03:20 AM
Christine Burel

Big purrs from our household to yours, Ginger-lyn. Re the CRF I started
Frodo on fluids at 15 and he lived till 20; I started Shetra on fluids at 15
and he lived to 17; in both cases it gave them a lot more quality time and
the fact that Cosmo is perking up with the fluids means they are really
making a difference for him. I know it's hard to make this a part of a
daily routine but hang in there it will become old hat after awhile; just
remember how much better he feels after 5 minutes of discomfort for the next
23.55 hours!

Re Sabra -- ask your vet(s) about using Cosequin -- my vet has chronic
bladder issues herself and said she takes it because beside the obvious
joint aide it also seems to have a side benefit of helping the bladder
walls. In 2003, the year we rescued Robin and Tucker, Omar and Midnight
both ended up going to the vet to have endoscopies because they were having
cystitis but no crystals were showing up. Tucker, too, had a bout with UTI,
so now all 3 kitties are on Cosequin for Cats which I get from an online
source I can look up for you if you're interested. I can say that since
then though we have other issues amongst our 5; the bladder problems have
not reoccurred since being on this daily.

your stressful other stuff...many purrs that things will get better.
Please know we're pulling for you.
Christine
wrote in message
I am prone to it, unfortunately, especially during winter. But
circumstances are making it worse.

Worrying about Cosmo. I know he is actually doing so much better with
the fluids, and he has spent several mornings curling up in bed with
me like he used to do, but it is so hard dealing with this. I get
depressed about the fact that we have to have him on the fluids now,
and I am so terrified I will screw up somehow and really hurt him
giving him the fluids (even though that would be pretty difficult to
do). And that he is at this point tells me that we have turned the
corner in this CRF journey, and are heading down the road, closer to
the end than we were.

Yesterday, we ran Sabra into the vet because he appeared to be
blocking. We called for a cab, waited half an hour; none came. When
I called, they said they couldn't find one. Probably no one wanted to
transport a sick cat. We did the only thing we could do (as the vet
was just about to leave when we called, and said he'd wait an hour for
us to get there), and ran over to the bus stop, in the rain, and
caught the first bus, which got us to within four blocks of the
clinic. We had to walk the rest of the way. Luckily, I had thrown a
towel over the carrier so Sabra stayed dry. The good news is he is
not blocked. The bad news is he "probably" has cystitis. The other
bad news is the vet, who has been excellent up to now, has started
acting strange. He seems to act like, because Sabra is so "old", he
is not willing to do much. He knows we are tight on money, and I
think that is part of it. But it is upsetting me and I am on the
verge of changing vets, or taking Sabra to our other vets. They are
wonderful, but they are getting very old, and probably won't be in
business much longer.

On top of that, DH and I are having serious problems that I won't go
into. But it is sending me into a deep depression, where I really
don't want to be. Yet here I am. I have to function because I have
to take care of the cats. But that, and posting here, are about all I
seem to be able to do right now.

I'm sorry. I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself right now. But
any purrs that things will get better in this household are welcomed
with tears.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)

Old March 2nd 05, 03:53 AM
Sam Nash

wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for you and the furkids to get through the hard times.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old March 2nd 05, 04:56 AM
Shiral

Big hugs, Ginger-lyn. Seems like life is really ganging up on you,
right now. I hope something happens soon to break the pattern. Cat
repair and relationship repair purrs on the way.

(What IS it with 2005, so far? Seems like everyone is having
disasters, or people they know or are related to are having disasters.
But there is a general need for 24/7 purring. Fortunately, we know some
excellent furry people who can provide what is needed!)

Melissa

Old March 2nd 05, 05:50 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Re Sabra -- ask your vet(s) about using Cosequin -- my vet has chronic
bladder issues herself and said she takes it because beside the obvious
joint aide it also seems to have a side benefit of helping the bladder
walls. In 2003, the year we rescued Robin and Tucker, Omar and Midnight
both ended up going to the vet to have endoscopies because they were
having
cystitis but no crystals were showing up. Tucker, too, had a bout with
UTI,
so now all 3 kitties are on Cosequin for Cats which I get from an online
source I can look up for you if you're interested. I can say that since
then though we have other issues amongst our 5; the bladder problems have
not reoccurred since being on this daily

Other anti-inflammatories appear to have a role in feline bladder
problems. When Clifford (RB) developed bladder cancer, he wasn't
initially strong enough for more aggressive chemotherapy for which he
was a candidate. Even though I changed veterinary oncologists, both of
them, as well as some I consulted, all agreed that the nonsteroidal
anti-inflammatory drug piroxicam is extremely valuable. It gives direct
pain relief, but also visibly reduced the bladder wall reaction on
ultrasound, and appears to have caused the tumor to shrink and give him
a couple of comfortable months. It was given with prednisone, treating
the inflammation through two pathways. Unfortunately, the tumor flared
just about the time we were getting ready for the intensive treatment,
but I have no doubt piroxicam improved his quality of life.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest prednisone for a less serious condition,
but it might be worth asking your vet about the possible use of
piroxicam.
Old March 2nd 05, 09:59 AM
badwilson

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, Ginger-lyn. Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....mmer/index.htm
(genealogy) http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The

Old March 2nd 05, 10:06 AM
Lisa Katt

Hugs and purrs!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old March 2nd 05, 10:18 AM
polonca12000

It's really hard when our kitties are sick. So we are sending lots of purrs
and best wishes for Cosmo and Sabra to improve considerably.
Lots of hugs, purrs and best wishes for you, Ginger-lyn, we are thinking of
you,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
I am prone to it, unfortunately, especially during winter. But
circumstances are making it worse.

Worrying about Cosmo. I know he is actually doing so much better with
the fluids, and he has spent several mornings curling up in bed with
me like he used to do, but it is so hard dealing with this. snip

Depressed cat? Gary Cat health & behaviour 14 October 30th 04 05:51 PM
Depressed cat.... Matt Cat health & behaviour 8 June 2nd 04 07:58 PM
Mike's depressed LOL Cat anecdotes 30 April 23rd 04 04:12 AM
depressed.. need inspiring stories about successfully introducing new cat RW Cat health & behaviour 30 February 14th 04 06:15 PM
Is my cat depressed? Terry Cat health & behaviour 10 August 13th 03 01:47 AM