And I should let a WHAT in the house?

Old March 8th 05, 02:06 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 07 Mar 2005 12:04:21a, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Hmmm. Never had any trouble with worms at all. Not with 18+ cats
through all my years. So I'm not sure at all what that has to do
with cats. But yeah, some of this is par for the course and if
that is a concern, you are probably right in thinking about not
going down that road.

Ugh, I have. With some grocery store dry food I bought for the
strays. It took ages to get rid of them. I had to throw out a lot of
food, too.

--
Cheryl
Old March 8th 05, 02:16 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 07 Mar 2005 08:11:43a, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I had no idea that cats could be so much work... I've never had
one before, and then we got two at once. One of the first things
they did once we got them into the house was to break John's
boat ornament and make me cry... they make messes, they run
across your tummies and feet at 3am and wake you up, they pee in
inappropriate places and demand gourmet kitty treats, they
protest vigorously if you have to try to give them any
medication... for a little while I wondered if I was cut out to
be a meowmie because they kept making me cry... but I love them
to bits and I wouldn't give them up for the world.

Karen, they sure are a lot of work. Especially kittens. I'm like
you, I took in two at once. I've never had kittens so young before;
all of mine were adults, or near-adults when I took them in. These
kittens have been/are a handful, but the most loving handfuls I've
ever had the pleasure of watching grow up. Seeing them grow from
tiny beings that were full of need and wanting nothing more than
food, a warm place to sleep and toys to play with, to the kittens
they are now - loving attention and snuggles, Scarlett and her
obsession with having to be *on* me when she's not sleeping, and
just plain watching them grow from scrawny little ones to long
sleek still-kitten cats. Rhett teaching himself to play fetch.
Watching them grow up is, to me, like watching kids mature. You can
practically see them learning. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Not even my best sheer curtains.

--
Cheryl
Old March 8th 05, 02:27 AM
Stormin Mormon

the answer was pantry pest traps. From
www.gardensalive.com

They are big on "natural" products. But what is really strange is that the
stuff I've bought from them actually works. Usually "natural" means "costs
twice as much and doesn't work".

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old March 8th 05, 12:48 PM
Enfilade

Watching them grow up is, to me, like watching kids mature. You can
practically see them learning. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Not even my best sheer curtains.

This is how DP feels about the bitties. I was on military service so
he was home, alone, with a pair of three-week-old infants that he'd
found in a trash heap, who pipped and squee'ed and looked to him for
every necessity of life--every three hours around the clock. Somehow
he managed to write his masters' thesis and raise those bits into
kittens and then into cats....and he says that in the end, waking up
multiple times a night for bottle-and-cottonball duty was rewarded by
the fact that those bitties still look to him as their "MomDad."

--Fil

Old March 8th 05, 04:58 PM
Mary

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...
Watching them grow up is, to me, like watching kids mature. You can
practically see them learning. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Not even my best sheer curtains.

This is how DP feels about the bitties. I was on military service so
he was home, alone, with a pair of three-week-old infants that he'd
found in a trash heap, who pipped and squee'ed and looked to him for
every necessity of life--every three hours around the clock. Somehow
he managed to write his masters' thesis and raise those bits into
kittens and then into cats....and he says that in the end, waking up
multiple times a night for bottle-and-cottonball duty was rewarded by
the fact that those bitties still look to him as their "MomDad."

What a wonderful man!

Old March 9th 05, 12:02 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 08 Mar 2005 07:48:46a, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
. com):

This is how DP feels about the bitties. I was on military
service so he was home, alone, with a pair of three-week-old
infants that he'd found in a trash heap, who pipped and squee'ed
and looked to him for every necessity of life--every three hours
around the clock. Somehow he managed to write his masters'
thesis and raise those bits into kittens and then into
cats....and he says that in the end, waking up multiple times a
night for bottle-and-cottonball duty was rewarded by the fact
that those bitties still look to him as their "MomDad."

I have to echo Karen - awwwwwww But how can anyone help but love
them and give them what they need? MomDad is a special guy.

--
Cheryl
Old March 9th 05, 12:28 AM
Enfilade

What a wonderful man!

Yes, that's why I started dating him...

--Fil
Old March 9th 05, 12:39 AM
Shiral

Brief addendum, I see I've got an incomplete sentece in my original
post. I should have said "If all you can see in owning a cat is
smelly litterboxes, getting scratched and bad behavior, then both you
and the potential cat are better off without one another."

I should rent Nina out to corporations who want to get rid of old
documents. =o) She'd have so much fun! As I was putting out a new roll
of TP in the bathroom today, I could see her little golden eyes light
up. The remains of the old roll are scattered all around the bedroom.
I'm going to have to do some serious cleaning this week.

Melissa

Old March 9th 05, 02:03 PM
Stormin Mormon

No cat, no catfood.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
As I understand, it was "indian mealworms" in cheap dry catfood.

And that was the cat's fault how? Could have happened in a sack of flour,
too.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

[OT] end of an era John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 15 September 12th 04 06:19 PM
The Cats House Gee Cats - misc 4 April 21st 04 11:06 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM
Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names Mietze Cat community 38 October 22nd 03 03:16 AM
Furrst Draft ov Onoree Nayms Mietze Cat community 26 October 10th 03 02:48 AM