Whimper

Old April 8th 05, 02:39 AM
Susan M

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
Well, his bloodwork up came back great! No leukemia, no distemper, no
nothing! Now I'll just worry about him all by his lonesome, but I
won't have to worry about having to put in down (thank you, thank you,
thank you). Big Sigh of Relief

Let's hope that the snip is uneventful and that he stops wishing to be
OUT, I want him INside... There're some nasty meanies out there that
fight with everyone.

I'm soooo glad his bloodwork was A-OK! Purrs for his snip and
{{{{hugs}}}} to you while you miss and worry about him.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 8th 05, 03:34 AM
Irulan

aw, he'll be fine and you'll see him tomorrow. He'll be so happy to see
he'll forgive you anything
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it isn't that bad. Leonidas (the dumped cat) has never cried.
EVER. He rarely even talks, except to occasionally remind me that he'd
like to be let to do his business, and then it's usually part of a yawn
(like he doesn't really care).

I took him to TED today. He cried all the way there, really loud.
Then they took him and my well-worn T-shirt back to the boarding area.
He has to stay overnight to be "positive" he doesn't eat anything after
19:00 (7:00 pm). He'll be tested for disease, then snipped, then given
his shots. He cried the whole time on his way to the back. He cried
when they opened the door and he could hear me (whimper). He cried as
I was leaving TED's place (I could hear my baby outside).

Not bad enough that he had me crying on the interstate on the way in
(about 10-15 minutes), I cried all the way home. Now my neighbors (who
may have been in doubt) know I'm nuts.

My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's gonna
rub his tummy? More importantly, will he ever forgive me for being so
cruel?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

My babies: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Old April 8th 05, 04:11 AM
Marina

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's gonna
rub his tummy? More importantly, will he ever forgive me for being so
cruel?

Aww, I'm sure he'll be so happy to see you when you pick him up that
he'll forgive you right away. Soothing purrs coming over for you both.
You will survive.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 8th 05, 04:29 AM
Helen Wheels

Purrs for Leonidas, and a few for you too. You'll be back together again
before you know it!

Old April 8th 05, 04:28 PM

On 7 Apr 2005 15:12:36 -0700, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

[...]

{{{Annie}}}

Sometimes it's hell to be a kitty mommy, isn't it? Purrs that
Leonidas' snippage goes just dandy. I'm sure he'll forgive you
immediately, or very shortly thereafter!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old April 8th 05, 05:58 PM
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

[....]

I took him to TED today. He cried all the way there, really loud.
Then they took him and my well-worn T-shirt back to the boarding area.
He has to stay overnight to be "positive" he doesn't eat anything after
19:00 (7:00 pm). He'll be tested for disease, then snipped, then given
his shots. He cried the whole time on his way to the back. He cried
when they opened the door and he could hear me (whimper). He cried as
I was leaving TED's place (I could hear my baby outside).

I was in exactly the same position last June with Boyfriend. He'd lived
here for about a year then, first too shy to come inside for about six
months and another six months or so inside until he didn't freak out with
fear when I tried to touch him and I could pick him up.

Fortunately, I did not have to leave him at TED's overnight, as I decided to
shut him in the house completely - for the first time - all evening and
night and took up all food from about 6 pm.

In the morning I put him in his carrier. He is like your lad, quite a quiet
boy. From the moment he was in his carrier he cried and wowled non-stop all
the way to TED. I could hardly bear it, so I know exactly how you feel. I
could still hear him too, when the receptionist took him through out of
sight.

I didn't cry on the drive home, but I felt like it, like all the trust we'd
built up after so long might now be destroyed. I worried about him all day.
When I went to pick him up, they fetched him through in his carrier and said
he had been very good indeed. He was completely silent until he heard my
voice asking if he was okay. Then he started..and he made so much noise on
the way home that I thought he must be in terrible pain. I had to keep
talking to him to say, we'll be home very soon, to try and comfort him.
I took the carrier out of the car and went into the house with it, put it on
the lounge floor. He was still wowling. I opened the top. His head came
up like a jack-in-the-box, with big saucer eyes and he jumped out. The
moment he realised he was home, he relaxed completely.
Went into the kitchen to see if there was anything in his bowl ;-) After
all, the poor chap hadn't eaten since the day before..

My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's gonna
rub his tummy?

He has been a dumped cat, you say? Then he has endured much worse than a
night of no-snuggle and no-rub-tummy.

More importantly, will he ever forgive me for being so
cruel?

That was something that worried me too. Yes, he did. Instantly, as soon
as he got home.

Have you got your lad back yet? How is he? Don't worry if there is a
little bleeding, that's normal. He'll be fine very soon, and enjoy being a
home boy and not being controlled by testosterone.

BF was a bit miserable for a couple of days, kept licking the parts
involved, and he didn't feel like going out much for about a week.
After that he was fine. It didn't affect his appetite at all, neither did
he sit down very gingerly which I had imagined he would ;-)

Tweed

Old April 8th 05, 06:31 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It's nearing 11:30 (Mountain Daylight Time), and I haven't heard
anything yet. Not even sure if he's had his surgery. I know they'll
call me when he first wakes up (I HATE waiting) to let me know all is
okay.

My Barnabus wasn't like this (the mrowing) until the second or third
trip (for shots) to TED. Of course, my Barnabus (Barneybutt when he's
misbehaving) was dumped too, but was too small to remember it (his eyes
weren't even open).

I did not sleep well (duh, did I say I HATE waiting?). I'm worried,
but don't want to call and be a pest for TED. Poor thing might have
eaten around 17:00 (MDT) yesterday, so he *may* be hungry, but he is
not a big eater.

I still have trouble figuring out why anyone would have dumped him. He
is so sweet, almost never claws, doesn't talk much, loves loving (and
will lie on his back in my arms), loves just to be close, will
head-butt the DH and rub in his beard (he even nuzzles DH's ear), has a
wonderfully soft purr motor, he rarely fights and never instigates, he
doesn't use his outside fighting skills against anyone inside (he seems
to know they are inside non-fighters), has the most absolutely
beautiful blue eyes (Paul Newman Blue) that are slightly tilted up at
the outside corners, he is a "smiler" when he's content...

TED thinks that maybe Leonidas had fallen asleep on a motor and the
starting of the truck is what scared him in crying (but he never reacts
when a vehicle is started if he isn't in it). I still someone drove
him a bit of a distance to dump him, and he thinks that is what I was
doing. I can't wait for them to call and tell me he is okay (I HATE
waiting).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 8th 05, 06:43 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Woo-Hoo! They just called, he's awake (and not talking), he can go
home anytime (and I wasn't supposed to be able to pick him up for 3.5
hours). So, I'm off to TED to get my little baby...

Smokie Darling (Annie) - all that worry (about health concerns) for
naught.

Old April 8th 05, 07:24 PM
Marina

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

Woo-Hoo! They just called, he's awake (and not talking), he can go
home anytime (and I wasn't supposed to be able to pick him up for 3.5
hours). So, I'm off to TED to get my little baby...

Smokie Darling (Annie) - all that worry (about health concerns) for
naught.

Yay! I'm so happy for you both.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 8th 05, 07:36 PM
Tanada

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

TED thinks that maybe Leonidas had fallen asleep on a motor and the
starting of the truck is what scared him in crying (but he never reacts
when a vehicle is started if he isn't in it). I still someone drove
him a bit of a distance to dump him, and he thinks that is what I was
doing. I can't wait for them to call and tell me he is okay (I HATE
waiting).

Pine Cone was dumped at Morrow Mountain State Park near Charlotte, North
Carolina. He discovered us while we were camping and charmed his way
into our hearts. He's ok most of the time with vehicles, until you get
him in one. Then he acts like he thinks you are going to dump him. All
of his insecurities come out and he is totally terrified. I would love
to meet the jerk(s) who dumped him, preferably with the ability to dump
them in return.

Pam S.