Whimper

Old April 8th 05, 07:40 PM
Karen

I'm so glad he can come home!

Old April 8th 05, 07:52 PM
Jo Firey

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

TED thinks that maybe Leonidas had fallen asleep on a motor and the
starting of the truck is what scared him in crying (but he never reacts
when a vehicle is started if he isn't in it). I still someone drove
him a bit of a distance to dump him, and he thinks that is what I was
doing. I can't wait for them to call and tell me he is okay (I HATE
waiting).

Pine Cone was dumped at Morrow Mountain State Park near Charlotte, North
Carolina. He discovered us while we were camping and charmed his way into
our hearts. He's ok most of the time with vehicles, until you get him in
one. Then he acts like he thinks you are going to dump him. All of his
insecurities come out and he is totally terrified. I would love to meet
the jerk(s) who dumped him, preferably with the ability to dump them in
return.

Pam S.

And to even the odds to what they did to the cat, about fifteen miles out to
sea would be a good spot.

Jo

Old April 8th 05, 07:54 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Tanada wrote:
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

[...]

I completely agree. I would adore getting my hands, albeit crippled,
on those idiots. I live near a pretty busy street (it's the main road
through town), and we lose many cats on that road (well, none of mine,
but you know what I mean). I'd like to take them up into the Rockies,
some wild spot without a compass (maybe I'd give 'em water) and leave
them in the middle of nowhere, see how they like it.

I have *never* seen a cat this lovey, especially with strangers. The
first day I "found" him, he was under my flower box (it's 10 ft wide,
stands about 3 ft off the ground, and is about 1.5 2 ft wide) just
talking (to no one). I was sitting on my patio, and heard this
relatively quiet meow and went hunting. He came right to me, and let
me pick him up (with some food coaxing) and started purring really
loud. He's been with us since. That was in October or November.

He's between 1 and 2 (did I say that before?), even TED isn't sure.

Old April 8th 05, 08:13 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

SNIP

Pine Cone was dumped at Morrow Mountain State Park near Charlotte, North
Carolina. He discovered us while we were camping and charmed his way
into our hearts. He's ok most of the time with vehicles, until you get
him in one. Then he acts like he thinks you are going to dump him. All
of his insecurities come out and he is totally terrified. I would love
to meet the jerk(s) who dumped him, preferably with the ability to dump
them in return.

Pam S.

That might take alot of driving.... Just give them hallucenogenic drugs &
let them play in traffic. Chablis was an abandoned kitty, I got her from
the SPCA, they told me she was 9 wks old when I got her, but TED & I both
figure 7.....

Dumping kittens in a box, into a dumpster.....GRRRRRRR

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 9th 05, 01:25 AM
Takayuki

Kreisleriana wrote:

On 7 Apr 2005 15:12:36 -0700, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
yodeled:

My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's gonna
rub his tummy? More importantly, will he ever forgive me for being so
cruel?

I know. I go through the same thing every time I take Stinky to TED.
It seems to bring on such a jarring change in his purrsonality- my
bouncy, cheerful boy cringes in terror, gets those terrible saucer
eyes, and wails in his carrier. It always devastates me. AND it
always takes me longer to recover from the experience than it does
him.

What is it about carriers that suddenly makes kitties so sad and
expressive? Betty's never had a bad experience at TED that I know of.
I wonder why they so dislike carriers?

Old April 9th 05, 02:33 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Well it isn't that bad. Leonidas (the dumped cat) has never cried.
EVER. He rarely even talks, except to occasionally remind me that

he'd
like to be let to do his business, and then it's usually part of a

yawn
(like he doesn't really care).

I took him to TED today. He cried all the way there, really loud.
Then they took him and my well-worn T-shirt back to the boarding

area.
He has to stay overnight to be "positive" he doesn't eat anything

after
19:00 (7:00 pm). He'll be tested for disease, then snipped, then

given
his shots. He cried the whole time on his way to the back. He

cried
when they opened the door and he could hear me (whimper). He cried

as
I was leaving TED's place (I could hear my baby outside).

Not bad enough that he had me crying on the interstate on the way

in
(about 10-15 minutes), I cried all the way home. Now my neighbors

(who
may have been in doubt) know I'm nuts.

My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's

gonna
rub his tummy? More importantly, will he ever forgive me for being

so
cruel?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

My babies: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Woo-Hoo! They just called, he's awake (and not talking), he can go
home anytime (and I wasn't supposed to be able to pick him up for 3.5
hours). So, I'm off to TED to get my little baby...

Smokie Darling (Annie) - all that worry (about health concerns) for
naught.

Huh... He has *got* to be feeling better. He is doing all of his
usual tricks (except trying to claw the chairs for some reason) to get
thrown out. He's been "stalking" Li'l Bit, who growls and hisses at
him, then runs across my feet leaving long furrows of missing skin.
Really have to invest in a company that makes Hydrogen Peroxide.

He's been jumping up the window in the hall and hanging from the screen
(or the curtain). He is trying to climb the drapes in the living room
(lounge). He wants OUT, and Meowmie is soooo mean, she won't let him
out. Poor little guy.

He's also sitting in a chair, trying to sleep and he rolls his eyes up
in his head (guess the drugs are still there, which would explain the
misses when he jumps).

Old April 9th 05, 02:57 AM
Karen

in article , Smokie
Darling (Annie) at
wrote on 4/8/05 8:33 PM:

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Might also be why he is so naughty. Drugs do wierd things. Hope he is much
more calm tomorrow. Maybe he just needs a little quiet room for tonight.
Hope to hear he is much better tomorrow at this time.

Old April 9th 05, 12:11 PM
Adrian

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
My poor little baby, who's he gonna snuggle with tonight? Who's
gonna rub his tummy? More importantly, will he ever forgive me for
being so cruel?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW............... poor baby!!!!!!!!! and poor you!
He'll forgive you, I'm sure.
Purrs for a peaceful night and an uneventful snip.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Well, his bloodwork up came back great! No leukemia, no distemper, no
nothing! Now I'll just worry about him all by his lonesome, but I
won't have to worry about having to put in down (thank you, thank you,
thank you). Big Sigh of Relief

Let's hope that the snip is uneventful and that he stops wishing to be
OUT, I want him INside... There're some nasty meanies out there that
fight with everyone.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

my babies:
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

He'll soon be home and all the horrible things forgotten.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 9th 05, 07:16 PM
Steve Touchstone

Purrs on the way that all went wellw ith the snip job, and that he's
already forgiven you.

When I took Rocky (RB) in for his snip job I ended up boarding him for
a night both before and after the surgery. He was still a totally
outside cat, so not only did I want to make sure he didn't eat the
night before, but wanted to be sure he was recovering in case he
disappeared for a couple days afterwards. Turns out that he was so
thankful when he got home that he seemed to completely forget that I
was the one who took him to TED.

wrote:

[...]

faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 9th 05, 07:16 PM
Steve Touchstone

On 8 Apr 2005 10:43:47 -0700, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

Woo-Hoo! They just called, he's awake (and not talking), he can go
home anytime (and I wasn't supposed to be able to pick him up for 3.5
hours). So, I'm off to TED to get my little baby...

And I haven't enough sent the purr message from the first post yet ;-)
Oh well, purrs that he forgives you as soon as you get him home,
completely recovers in record time, and becomes the perfectly happy
cat he should be in his forever home.

Just a little side note, so often we see someone post about their
former feral/stray/dumped kitty. I often wonder how many of the cats
I'm reading about picked their own forever home and decided to move
in, instead of the hoomin deciding they needed a cat and went looking
for one.