PINGS (or, has anyone heard from....)

Old August 23rd 04, 10:21 PM

jen wrote:

We're kind of thinking an easy commute to work (SOMA) would be
important (I'll be doing some long hours), but it completely depends on
neighbourhood walkthroughs (my interview trip consisted of 90% interviews
and 10% tourist-time). Do you have any recommendations of good
neighbourhoods to look in?

SOMA is probably pricey because it has that hip, arty cachet. But the
Mission district isn't far from there and, although there's been a lot
of gentrification in that neighborhood, there are probably some affordable
places still. Also, another neighborhood called Bernal Heights is nearby
and has its pockets of affordability (interspersed with expensive places).
It's also a wonderful neighborhood. Both of these are sunny neighborhoods.

The further west you go in the city, the cheaper rents are, because it
gets more foggy out there by the beach. Downside is, it's foggy. Also,
it's not all that close to SOMA, but public transit is great in SF and
you wouldn't have any trouble getting to work from there.

At least now you won't be fighting hordes of people for an apartment - a
few years ago, apartment-hunting was more like a cattle call. I think
that house-hunting is still a bit like that - the real estate market is
still booming for some reason. But rentals have really cooled off, even
though the rents themselves haven't come down all that much.

Would you consider living in the East Bay and taking public transit to
work?

What's your new job going to be?

Technical writing (software documentation).

Ooooo oooo ooo!!! That's my line of work, too! Congratulations on
getting the job. And they offered relocation benefits, too? Wow, I
didn't think anyone did that anymore.

Joyce
Old August 24th 04, 12:00 AM
SUQKRT

In article . 211, jen
wrote:

Take care, and thanks - is very nice to hear that some people are wondering

where you are - it's rare that it happens, so it's much appreciated.

Regards,
Jen, Muggles, Kid, Inky.

Its great hearing from you, I hope your move & job goes well.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old August 24th 04, 05:24 AM
LOL

Nan wrote in message . ..

My SIL lives in Punta Gorda. She had phone service (underground
wires), but no electric. She lost her carport and shed and the lanai
on the other side of the mobile home. One window was broken out, but
the mobile home was livable. She also lost Honeybun, her little cat
that was in the lanai. She's hoping that Honeybun survived and is
just too scared to come home.

We're sending homing purrs for Honeybun.
------
Krista

Old August 24th 04, 05:26 AM
LOL

jen wrote in message 0.95.211...

Hi, is Jen. I heard that perhaps some people were wondering where the heck
I was! I haven't really been readying any newsgroups lately.

(snippety)

Hey, Jen! It's good to read an update from you; we are sending
smooth-move purrs your way. I do hope you find time to check in more
often. :-)

------
Krista