Giving gut

Old January 5th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Giving gut

Is there anyone who doesn't find it charming when their dear furry masters
roll over on their backs, spread out their paws and offer you their warm
little bellies?

In the morning, I have Brandy time. The minute I'm sitting up in bed she'll
come up, often with a mew that's more kitten than cat, and plop over as I pet
her. Then she'll roll on her back and give me that "come on, you know you
want to" look. And I do. I'll rub her plump little gut and Brandy will
stretch to make sure as much gets petted as can be managed. Her fur is
something else: short but thick and very dense, but on the belly it's just
like a puff of cotton candy.

Odessa, as she got more used to us, started coming into bed to nap between me
and Louie, on her back, eyes blissfully closed and paws all splayed out. It
took over a year to be granted the Gift of Gut from our Dolly and she'll purr
ever so gently while getting rubbed (in contrast to the riotous sonic boom
that reverberates through fifteen pounds of Brandy.)

Roxie teases with her gut; she'll show it, make sure we're looking, and do it
again until we get up to do her bidding. Stosh will display too, but touching
means "well and good, I accept your challenge of a wrasslin match to commence
immediately," or consent to allow him free rein with my hair (which I'm
surprised still has a home atop my scalp, as Stosh likes to take it in his
mouth and run, or grab it and swing.)

Only Sabrina hasn't come around to the Giving of Gut yet. Give it time,
though, she's still learning and has a lot of stuff to get over; we were so
thrilled to see her stealing food the other day, which means she's getting
bolder.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 6th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Is there anyone who doesn't find it charming when their dear furry masters
roll over on their backs, spread out their paws and offer you their warm
little bellies?

Depends upon what they do next! Sometimes it's an
invitation for a scritch, other times they attack your hand
with teeth and four sets of claws!
Old January 6th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Is there anyone who doesn't find it charming when their dear furry masters
roll over on their backs, spread out their paws and offer you their warm
little bellies?

Well, Rita likes to climb into the bed with me in the mornings and
spoon up next to my left side while I wake up slowly to the radio. She
will s-t-r-e-t-c-h out, up and down my side, and that's my invitation
to reach my left arm down and rub her long furry belly. Meanwhile,
she's happily
kneading her paws into my soft upper arm, just below the armpit.
Problem is, I wear tank tops to bed. That arm is BARE. Now it's
covered with tiny little red holes. Oh, I still rub her belly. It's
delectable enough to be worth the pain.
Sometimes.

Jane
- owned and abused by Princess RIta

Old January 6th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

NIna will SHOW me her belly--which is adorable and covered with
eminently touchable soft white fur with a little spotted belt of brown
just above her hind legs--but she's not crazy about having it touched.
She does the sea anemone or Venus fly trap act by grabbing my hand and
attacking it. Francesca has a lovely spotted tabby tummy, but she's
even LESS enthusiastic about having it touched.

Nonetheless, every time I sit down in my easy chair to watch tv, I get
company, and one of the girls will curl up in my lap for a nice
snooze'n'skritch session. That too, is very endearing! And cozy and
companionable.

Melissa

Old January 7th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

My father may have been related to your father. His comment about
our family's cat "showing gut" was that he should apply a bucket
of ice water. That was about thirty years ago, and the comment
lingers in my memory.

I can't remember if my cat ever did ask for a belly rub, but
perhaps. We'd only got to know each other for a couple weeks. For
me, it ranks up with sleeping newborn human babies, and feeding
such babies when they will let you. I have a couple friends who
have custody of a newborn. He liked me when he was a few days
old, but now he's about four months. He liked me when he was full
belly but didn't want to let me give him his bottle.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.