Giving Thanks

Old November 26th 04, 05:03 PM
Jo Firey

Default Giving Thanks

This hasn't been the most joyful Thanksgiving of my life, but then they
can't all be. And it hasn't been the worst either.

Its been more of a quiet time to think. I've had so many loses this year.
I promised myself that this year I would make to point to remember to be
thankful for what I had as well as what I have left. I always knew that
with a very large family that was getting older there would come years of
loss. But there are always those that are too soon as well. So this year
especially I miss my mother Page and my brother Dick. And my Aunt Ena and
Aunt Fanny and Uncle Bob.

I'm thankful that I still have my two aunts, Mae and Helen. For my
brother's family. For my sister and her family. For my daughters and for
my grandsons. And for Charlie.

I'm thankful that dinner is over and mostly cleaned up. And that it wasn't
awful.

I'm thankful that my daughters actually seemed to enjoy each others company.
And that Charlie managed not to argue with the oldest one for almost two
hours. And for a future son-in-law that I'm learning to love and his Mom
that my daughter already loves.

And I'm thankful for friends scattered far and wide, those I've met and
those I have yet to meet. You all make my life richer. Thank you

Jo

Old November 26th 04, 06:20 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
This hasn't been the most joyful Thanksgiving of my life, but then
they can't all be. And it hasn't been the worst either.

Its been more of a quiet time to think. I've had so many loses this
year. I promised myself that this year I would make to point to
remember to be thankful for what I had as well as what I have left.
I always knew that with a very large family that was getting older
there would come years of loss. But there are always those that are
too soon as well. So this year especially I miss my mother Page and
my brother Dick. And my Aunt Ena and Aunt Fanny and Uncle Bob.

{{{{{{{Jo}}}}}} I'm so very sorry for your losses.

I'm thankful that I still have my two aunts, Mae and Helen. For my
brother's family. For my sister and her family. For my daughters
and for my grandsons. And for Charlie.

I'm thankful that dinner is over and mostly cleaned up. And that it
wasn't awful.

LOL! Sorry, but that's pretty much everyone's wish the day after
Thanksgiving.
Jo

I'm thankful both my mom & dad are still with us; Mom will be 80 in January
and Dad 81 in August. Dad is a lymphatic cancer survivor. Both of them
have had laser surgery for cholesterol blockages this year; dad in both
femoral arteries (legs) and mom in her carotid artery (neck). They came
through with flying colours thanks to the purrs here.

I'm also thankful they both spoke to me yesterday without saying I need to
move in with my brother!

I'm thankful I got in touch with and subsequently reunited with my long-lost
love, John, right after Christmas last year.

I'm grateful as can be Persia wandered up to my back door on a cold
afternoon in January 2001 and demanded I let her inside so as to enslave me.
She's done a great job of that!

I am also thankful for all the friends I've found on rpca. Your purrs and
those of your dear kitties as well as your funny stories have helped me
immensely. For that, I thank you!

Jill

Gift giving Cheryl Cat anecdotes 13 November 26th 04 12:20 PM
Giving Fluids at Home Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 33 February 15th 04 12:04 AM
Giving Pills (with a pill gun) rrb_041303 Cat anecdotes 9 September 6th 03 05:51 PM