Woman dies while attempting to rescue cat from fire

Old August 13th 05, 04:16 AM
John F. Eldredge

Default Woman dies while attempting to rescue cat from fire

A woman in Oldham County, Kentucky (near Louisville) died from smoke
inhalation after re-entering her burning house in an unsuccessful
attempt to rescue her cat. She and her husband both got out of the
house, but she went back inside while her husband was next door,
having the neighbor call the fire department. The cat was found in
the basement; the lady was found upstairs, and died after being taken
to the hospital.

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...43/detail.html

and a later news item,

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...44/detail.html

I was faced with a similiar situation in my house fire of February
2002; my cat hid, and I ended up having to leave her behind in order
to save my own life. My cat, Annabel Lee, died of smoke inhalation.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 13th 05, 10:46 AM
Adrian

John F. Eldredge wrote:
A woman in Oldham County, Kentucky (near Louisville) died from smoke
inhalation after re-entering her burning house in an unsuccessful
attempt to rescue her cat. She and her husband both got out of the
house, but she went back inside while her husband was next door,
having the neighbor call the fire department. The cat was found in
the basement; the lady was found upstairs, and died after being taken
to the hospital.

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...43/detail.html

and a later news item,

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...44/detail.html

I was faced with a similiar situation in my house fire of February
2002; my cat hid, and I ended up having to leave her behind in order
to save my own life. My cat, Annabel Lee, died of smoke inhalation.

How very sad. I will light a candle for the lady.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 13th 05, 11:47 AM
Gabey8

That's so sad. ( Prayers and purrs for this woman and her family.

This is what happened to my ex-sister-in-law (who divorced my
brother-in-law a few years ago). I posted on here in late January/early
February that she'd died while attempting to rescue her cats from her
burning home.

Not long ago, I found out how they knew she was trying to get the cats
out. It turns out that when they found her, she'd collapsed while carrying
the two cats. She and the cats had all died of smoke inhalation by the
time the firefighters found them. (

Condolences to all her loved ones. (

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old August 13th 05, 09:13 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:16:29 -0500, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

A woman in Oldham County, Kentucky (near Louisville) died from smoke
inhalation after re-entering her burning house in an unsuccessful
attempt to rescue her cat. She and her husband both got out of the
house, but she went back inside while her husband was next door,
having the neighbor call the fire department. The cat was found in
the basement; the lady was found upstairs, and died after being taken
to the hospital.

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...43/detail.html

and a later news item,

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...44/detail.html

I was faced with a similiar situation in my house fire of February
2002; my cat hid, and I ended up having to leave her behind in order
to save my own life. My cat, Annabel Lee, died of smoke inhalation.

{{{{{John}}}}}

Purrs for the woman who tried and failed. It's just so sad.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)

Luck Kitty Rescue xxxxx Cats - misc 0 December 26th 04 09:02 PM
rec.pets: Starting A Successful Rescue Club FAQ Cheryl Minnier Cat Information 0 November 28th 04 05:17 AM
rec.pets: Starting A Successful Rescue Club FAQ Cheryl Minnier Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:25 AM
Suggestions About Rescue Situation...Please Luvskats00 Cat rescue 13 October 23rd 03 12:32 PM
Cat Rescue Groups in AZ MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 6 September 17th 03 02:52 AM