I'm Sorry

Old August 2nd 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Peace Ping Kyla

"Sara" wrote in message

wrote in message
Sara wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message

What is a green onion as opposed to a regular onion?

green onions are also known as scallions, long thin onions.
yummy

OK, here's a question. Recently I had bought a large yellow onion.
It
had begun to sprout some green shoots out the top. I never did get
around
to eating the onion, but it was fascinating to watch the sprouts
grow.
Eventually they looked exactly like scallions, growing out of a
large
onion (which was getting smaller and mushier by the day, as it was
feeding
the scallions/sprouts.

My question: *were* these scallions? Are scallions just the
sprouted
part of an onion, or are they different plants?

IIRC, scallions are just the sprouted part of an onion. MY MIL told
me years ago that you have to bend/break that sprout for the bulb to
grow... dunno if that's really so, I am NOT a gardener or farmer at
all! but makes sense to me

You bend or break the sprout on regular onions to keep them from going
to seed before the onions grow. Otherwise they will shoot up tall and
produce flowers and seeds,

Old August 2nd 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Ping Kyla

I have had two glasses of wine tonight after having 33 people for a picnic
supper. After reading all of this "darlings" I think I would "Love" two
more. Then, I can fade to black.
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

bastXXXette
Cheryl
She puts the back of her hand on her forehead, sighs and pauses
dramatically
You'll never hurt me again, Rhett
Fade to black
--
Will in New Haven

And how did *I* get involved in this???????

Meow,
Rhett
(Scarlett snickers)

LOL, that was my first thought!

LOL, mine too...great minds think alike
Kyla
--who knows how to 'birth a baby'

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

Well, I deleted the entire thread so...whatever, it doesn't matter
any more. I'm over it.

You claim to have deleted the entire thread yet you keep adding to it, I'm
beggining to doubt your honesty.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 2nd 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

Well, I deleted the entire thread so...whatever, it doesn't matter
any more. I'm over it.

You claim to have deleted the entire thread yet you keep adding to it, I'm
beggining to doubt your honesty.

I wondered about that, too. But unless you actually *kill* a thread,
deleting it only works for the posts you have received thus far. New ones
that arrive at your server after you deleted the old ones will continue
to appear in your newsreader. And then you have the temptation to read
(and likely respond) all over again. I have to say that having a thread
that appears to call your name over and over would be pretty tempting. I
would have a hard time staying away from reams and reams of posts all
having "Ping Joyce" as the subject.

Kyla, you have to killfile the thread. Works the same way as putting a
poster in the killfile, but you choose the subject line instead. Then you
won't see any new ones.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 3rd 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 1, 8:23 pm, Candace wrote:
On Aug 1, 11:44 am, Victor Martinez wrote:

Will in New Haven wrote:

that I don't think i will consult you when I am trying to be funny. I
thought it was hiLARious when I wrote it. I think it is funny now. And
I don't think it's picking on Catnipped at all.

Agreed.

snipped Candace rooting for bloodshed

I like caramalized onions on pizza.

Will in New Haven

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Alfred Tennyson - "Ulysses"

Old August 3rd 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

snipped Candace rooting for bloodshed

I like caramalized onions on pizza.

Will in New Haven

Pineapple here. I sounds awful but bacon and pineapple are wonderful on
pizza.

But I think the best pizza I ever had was a pear and gorgonzola at a
California Pizza Kitchen.
Old August 3rd 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 2, 8:27 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
snipped Candace rooting for bloodshed

I like caramalized onions on pizza.

Will in New Haven

Pineapple here. I sounds awful but bacon and pineapple are wonderful on
pizza.

But I think the best pizza I ever had was a pear and gorgonzola at a
California Pizza Kitchen.

I love pineapple, pear, gorgonzola and bacon. I say this even though I
have never talked to any of them in person and, as Candace has pointed
out, we shouldn't throw the word "love" around too easily. I have
eaten some odd pizzas with ingredients like that and I enjoyed them
but I would prefer to have my pizza and my pineapple separately.
Pineapple is wonderful in some Thai curries.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 3rd 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:27 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
snipped Candace rooting for bloodshed
I like caramalized onions on pizza.
Will in New Haven

Pineapple here. I sounds awful but bacon and pineapple are wonderful on
pizza.

In our shop these are called "Ristorante Pizza Hawaii"
Frozen, thin bottom.(Netherlands)

Old August 3rd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sara

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
snipped Candace rooting for bloodshed

I like caramalized onions on pizza.

Will in New Haven

Pineapple here. I sounds awful but bacon and pineapple are wonderful on
pizza.

But I think the best pizza I ever had was a pear and gorgonzola at a
California Pizza Kitchen.

there's an Italian restaurant in Duluth, Minnesota (I'll butcher the
spelling, Pizza Luce's or something like that) that serves specialty
pizzas.... my favorite is baked potato pizza. which is basically mashed
potatoes and bacon bits and sour cream and cheddar cheese.... maybe green
onions or chives too.... anyway, sounds terrible but it's really WONDERFUL.
Next time I visit my sons there I'll have to make a point of going again,
making me hungry just thinking of it

Sara

Old August 3rd 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

there's an Italian restaurant in Duluth, Minnesota (I'll butcher the
spelling, Pizza Luce's or something like that) that serves specialty
pizzas.... my favorite is baked potato pizza. which is basically mashed
potatoes and bacon bits and sour cream and cheddar cheese.... maybe green
onions or chives too.... anyway, sounds terrible but it's really WONDERFUL.
Next time I visit my sons there I'll have to make a point of going again,
making me hungry just thinking of it

Sara

In Redlands, CA there's a pizza place on State St that serves specialty
pizza. I had one of their mashed potato pizzas once - they do mashed
potatos and cheese with either bacon or chicken. Very tasty!

Now I'm missing my specialty pizza places I guess I'll have to see if
Whitewater, WI has one when we go visit Nancy's folks again next weekend.