[OT] Somewhat off topic, but maybe not so much.

Old February 19th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Default [OT] Somewhat off topic, but maybe not so much.

I have been hearing about QiGong the chinese art of healing and the
Gong (or Kung) I belive is the same word as used in Kung Fu. The Qi
is pronounced "Chi" and is the life force referred to in Tai Chi, the
exercise movement.
KiGong is the manipulation of the life force and it really does
improve health. Clinical trials have proven it.
It's really interesting and in the past few years I have been able to
feel the force there. It feels like a warm fuzzy marshmallow but you
can move through it and it sends chills along my arms and down my
spine. It seems to revitalize my energy and has kept me from falling
asleep on long car trips, like to Mississauga.
Has anyone else here experienced this?

--
Peace,
Fred
Old February 19th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

When I visited China with Elderhostel, we stayed at a healing college
for about 2 wks,
Classes included TaiChi, QiGong medicine, art and language.The Art
Master would speak of experiencing the Chi as a guidance to painting..
QiGong included a similar exercise to TaiChi, but color and direction
were important elements.
After one session, massage appointments were offered.
While I was fully dressed and sitting, 2 fellows manipulated neck,
shoulders and arms.
I remember especially the shaking-vibrating- of my extended arms.
Next morning and all day, totally unexpectedly, there it was...that warm
glow a couple of inches below my belly-button, as had been described as
the place of the Chi. I can feel the spot as I write of it about 15
years later. I never learned about moving it.

Tzi Jen

Sylvia

Old February 19th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

I've never been to China, but I first encountered Chi when I was
having accupuncture and I felt it moving then. Since then I've
encountered a different "flavour" of chi in the air around me. I can
gather it with my hands and arms and it send chills over my head and
torso.
I saw a video about it last night called simply "QiGong" Which I
think was produced by some organization called "Livingarts."
They covered the artist Qigong master, but I think that is only one
aspect of the chi. Other masters use other techniques as suits them.
The chi can be channelled in many ways, apparently. It's quite
interesting. Of course it'll be a while before our medicare covers
it.(;-))

Fred

Old February 21st 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

"Of course it'll be a while before our medicare covers
it.(;-)) "
Fred

HA! It will be MUCH longer in the U.S. I'd say1

Sylvia

Old February 21st 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Sylvia M wrote:

"Of course it'll be a while before our medicare covers
it.(;-)) "
Fred

HA! It will be MUCH longer in the U.S. I'd say1

Sylvia

I'd have to agree with you there. However Obama is possibly,... no
you're right, it'll be a looong time.
On the plus side, QiGong is something an individual can do for
themselves. Chi is all around us and we have just to tap into it and
experience it's benefits.

Old February 21st 09, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

But what iffen yoo cant hardly move yer own knees cuz dey gotted replased 6
yeerss ugo n meowmie still kant wawk?
Pipps gots a pizture uff hurself on meowmz wakker datz preddy kool.
stoopid medicare..datz a waff.
its wike medi-dont-care.
Mrrrrrrrrt :/
Mosey

Old February 21st 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Mosey =^..^= wrote:

But what iffen yoo cant hardly move yer own knees cuz dey gotted
replased 6 yeerss ugo n meowmie still kant wawk?
Pipps gots a pizture uff hurself on meowmz wakker datz preddy kool.
stoopid medicare..datz a waff.
its wike medi-dont-care.
Mrrrrrrrrt :/
Mosey

Well, that's what it's for. I mean not just that, but it's supposed
to cure things like pain and improve flexability, among other things.
Try going to:
http://www.worldclassima.com/qigong.htm
or doing a search on the net. I would advise not spending large
amounts of money on this, but get a feel for it first. It's
something that you can do for yourself and it won't cost anything.

Old February 22nd 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

But what iffen yoo cant hardly move yer own knees cuz dey gotted
replased 6 yeerss ugo n meowmie still kant wawk?
Pipps gots a pizture uff hurself on meowmz wakker datz preddy kool.
stoopid medicare..datz a waff.
its wike medi-dont-care.
Mrrrrrrrrt :/
Mosey

Well, that's what it's for. I mean not just that, but it's
supposed
to cure things like pain and improve flexability, among other things.
Try going to:
http://www.worldclassima.com/qigong.htm
or doing a search on the net. I would advise not spending large
amounts of money on this, but get a feel for it first. It's
something that you can do for yourself and it won't cost anything.

Thank you Unka Fred, I will tell Meowmie bout dis n maybe et will help hur
pain in hur neez.
Mosey

Old February 22nd 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Mosey =^..^= wrote:

[...]

I will also send purrrs. They are good too, and I'll think warm
healing thoughts fur her. I just tried sending some to her mentally
and got a big chill over my shoulders and down my spine, so I think
it's werking.

Old February 23rd 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mimzy =^..^=

[...]

I fink sew too, , hur iz awl comfy
Fangu Unka Fred
Mosey

--
Peace,
Fred
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).

Way way off topic jofirey Cat anecdotes 4 November 8th 07 10:47 PM
Off Topic, perhaps Robert Berg Cat health & behaviour 4 September 3rd 06 08:51 PM
Almost on topic Adrian A Cat anecdotes 6 May 4th 06 08:50 PM
Hopefully on topic Lots42 Cat anecdotes 9 May 12th 05 10:48 PM
It's on-topic because of #3 Duke of Url Cat anecdotes 1 December 28th 04 07:57 AM