Berfert Don't Feel So Good

Old November 13th 03, 04:44 AM
Tanada

Default Berfert Don't Feel So Good

At first I put it down to moping about Rascal's death. Berfert had
stopped eating as much as normal. The other day I ran my hand over his
back and he felt thin and rough. He was mildly interested in the his
favorite foods, but didn't eat more than a bite or two at a time. I
called and made an appointment.

Today, Berfert showed a bit of his old strength when we tried to get him
into the carrier. He sang "Please release me" as we drove to TED
Stevenson. Tests have been run, and it looks like Berfert has some sort
of infection. Not all the results are back, of course, so we don't know
for sure what's up. He's on antibiotics (he hates them, of course) and
if he doesn't respond well enough by Monday, will be getting x-rays and
further testing. His blood levels were normal except for his white
count. His temperature was only 99 F. which is low for a cat. He did
protest when TED was palpating his body. His teeth are good, with a
little tartar, which took out one theory. We're worried about him, but
Doc Stevenson is one of the best TEDs in the area and we have a lot of
confidence in him.

If you have some spare purrs, I think Berfert would appreciate them.
Our crew is purring up a storm for him, and Merlin is staying with him
at all times.

Pam S.
Old November 13th 03, 05:06 AM
Lois Reay

Purrs for poor Berfert to return to normal real soon.
And purrs for his Meowmie not to worry.

Lois

Old November 13th 03, 05:47 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
[...]

I can hear Shmogg already purring up a storm, and I'm at work! He says that
Berfert flatly isn't allowed to be sick, and he needs to get back to
tormenting his slaves as is his duty ASAP.

(Unless of course, this is a b*st*rd c*t trick in itself, and then its
allowed)

Fluffy just wags and drools, as usual. She hates for any of her friends to
be sick.

Yowie, adding prayers as well.

Old November 13th 03, 06:17 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote

If you have some spare purrs, I think Berfert would appreciate them.
Our crew is purring up a storm for him, and Merlin is staying with him
at all times.

There are always healing purrs to go around. Many purrs that it's just a
minor infection that will go away with the antibiotics.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 13th 03, 06:31 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:44:36 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs that TED call diagnose and find an easy fix for his
problem - and calming purrs for the worried slaves
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 13th 03, 07:00 AM
Sam Nash

"Tanada" wrote in message
[...]

Feline and human purrs on the way for Berfert. Scooter will contribute a
small dollop of doggie drool if you think it will help (Scooter's only a
chihuahua - a small dollop is the best she can do).
Sam, Smokey, Mistletoe, and Scooter.

Old November 13th 03, 09:43 AM

Tanada wrote:

Berfert had
stopped eating as much as normal. The other day I ran my hand over his
back and he felt thin and rough. He was mildly interested in the his
favorite foods, but didn't eat more than a bite or two at a time. I
called and made an appointment.

Poor Berfert! Hope it turns out to be nothing serious and that he feels
better soon.

Today, Berfert showed a bit of his old strength when we tried to get him
into the carrier.

I'll bet he did!

Joyce

Old November 13th 03, 09:50 AM
LOL

Tanada wrote in message ...
[...]

Awwww, purrs for Berfert. I do hope TED finds the solution quick and
Berfert feels better pronto.
------
Krista
Old November 13th 03, 11:07 AM
Jeanette

If you have some spare purrs, I think Berfert would appreciate them.
Our crew is purring up a storm for him, and Merlin is staying with him
at all times.

Pam S.

Of course, spare purrs heading out to little Berfert.

Jeanette