cat carrier Q

Old August 13th 05, 02:19 AM
ensoul

Default cat carrier Q

it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back probs
now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long handles like
suitcases?

ensoul

Old August 13th 05, 02:33 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

ensoul wrote:
it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back probs
now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long handles like
suitcases?

ensoul

Here's one, but it's pricey.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2002+113232

I have 2 that are similar, but without the wheeled part. One is leather
Samsonite, one is heavy-duty canvas, both look almost identical at first
glance

There's also this one, but it's even more expensive, and made more for
taking Fufu and Fifi on a stroll thru Central Park West :

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2001+113770

Old August 13th 05, 02:47 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 12 Aug 2005 09:19:40p, ensoul wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back
probs now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long
handles like suitcases?

ensoul

Congrats on your new owners! Multiple cats are fun! Though
sometimes they come with issues, but yours sound like a great
match. I was curious about carriers on wheels and found this link.
Mega mega expensive though!

http://www.cfa.org/catalog/carrier.html

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old August 13th 05, 03:15 AM
Jennifer

ensoul wrote:
it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back probs
now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long handles like
suitcases?

Most luggage stores sell collapsible luggage carts that you could strap
your carrier onto. I know the Travel 2000 chain used to sell them,
they're usually in malls. I think they were somewhere between $50-$80,
but remember you can re-use it when you're travelling with suitcases

Something like this, for example:
http://www.irvs.com/results.php?Manu...gg age%20cart

--
Jennifer

Old August 14th 05, 10:31 PM
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Jennifer exclaimed (13-Aug-05 3:15 AM):
ensoul wrote:

it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back probs
now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long handles like
suitcases?

Most luggage stores sell collapsible luggage carts that you could strap
your carrier onto. I know the Travel 2000 chain used to sell them,
they're usually in malls. I think they were somewhere between $50-$80,
but remember you can re-use it when you're travelling with suitcases

Something like this, for example:
http://www.irvs.com/results.php?Manu...gg age%20cart

--
Jennifer

Not nearly that expensive, I think. I got my collapsible luggage cart
for around $25.00, it's a Samsonite. I got mine at a BX, though, so I
couldn't supply a store name, perse. Seems like something you'd find in
Walmart maybe...

jmc
Old August 15th 05, 02:35 AM
Owned By Cats

"ensoul" wrote:

it was difficult getting one cat to the vet, I have major back probs
now that have two...are there carrieres on wheels w/long handles like
suitcases?

I am in a similar situation as you. I have two cats, and I bought two of
these:

http://snipurl.com/gy0z

For me, it was easier than stacking their former hardside carriers on a
luggage cart, then unstacking the whole thing to put them in the car, re-
stacking them to get them into vet, well, you get the picture. The
wheeled carriers are sturdy enough for my two large boys, who weigh 15
and 19 lbs, respectively. The wheels are detachable if desired. The
downside is that you still have to lift them up and down steps, but I
find that very manageable.