Curious new behavior

Old February 4th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Curious new behavior

Levi has a somewhat odd (to me) new behavior. He's digging. Everywhere!
He's not using his claws, just digging away. It's cute, but I'm wondering
what is motivating him. He does it on the bed, on the carpet, on the glass
door, and maybe other places. This started happening just before he was
neutered. He's not urinating or defacating in these places, but his
digging sure reminds me of his litter box antics.

Is this just a normal cat behavior none of my cats has exhibited before?

--
Lynne
Old February 4th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
Levi has a somewhat odd (to me) new behavior. He's digging. Everywhere!
He's not using his claws, just digging away. It's cute, but I'm wondering
what is motivating him. He does it on the bed, on the carpet, on the
glass
door, and maybe other places. This started happening just before he was
neutered. He's not urinating or defacating in these places, but his
digging sure reminds me of his litter box antics.

Is this just a normal cat behavior none of my cats has exhibited before?

It is normal, but weird nonetheless. The cat I had for 20 years did this,
fast and furious, on smooth things, windows and magazines.

Old February 4th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
Levi has a somewhat odd (to me) new behavior. He's digging. Everywhere!
He's not using his claws, just digging away. It's cute, but I'm wondering
what is motivating him. He does it on the bed, on the carpet, on the
glass
door, and maybe other places. This started happening just before he was
neutered. He's not urinating or defacating in these places, but his
digging sure reminds me of his litter box antics.

Is this just a normal cat behavior none of my cats has exhibited before?

*looking at you*

It might be time to take the boy off the lip, Lynne.

Old February 4th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:39:15 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

It is normal, but weird nonetheless. The cat I had for 20 years did this,
fast and furious, on smooth things, windows and magazines.

It is weird, but it's also pretty cute! Of course Levi could bite off my
toe and I'd still think he was cute, hehe.

--
Lynne
Old February 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:39:44 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

*looking at you*

It might be time to take the boy off the lip, Lynne.

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Lynne
Old February 4th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 4 Feb, 18:47, Lynne wrote:
on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:39:44 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

*looking at you*

It might be time to take the boy off the lip, Lynne.

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Lynne

LOoooooooooooooLLLLlllllllllll "o"
I can identify with that one
Your Baby is your Babe isn't he?
S;o)

Old February 4th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bluemaxx

Hi, Lynne. Cats have scent glands on their front paws, so I imagine
he's marking his territory.

I have had many cats that do/did this. Maxx (RB-2004) would do it on the
couch cushions next to me, yet never extended his claws. He'd look at me
while he was doing it, like "See what I can do without tearing the furniture
to bits?" But all my cats have done it on glass windows and patio
doors. I think they just like to keep me busy with the Windex. lol

hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

:
: Is this just a normal cat behavior none of my cats has exhibited before?
:
: --
: Lynne

Old February 4th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Lynne wrote:

Levi has a somewhat odd (to me) new behavior. He's digging. Everywhere!
He's not using his claws, just digging away. It's cute, but I'm wondering
what is motivating him. He does it on the bed, on the carpet, on the glass
door, and maybe other places. This started happening just before he was
neutered. He's not urinating or defacating in these places, but his
digging sure reminds me of his litter box antics.

Is this just a normal cat behavior none of my cats has exhibited before?

FWIW, I have one that does the same, even insofar as climbing on my
chest and trying to dig a hole through it. No claws, just frantic
digging motions. He has this intent look on his face, like he's
following important orders from the cat mother ship.

Old February 4th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 19:32:12 GMT, "bluemaxx"
wrote:

Cats have scent glands on their front paws, so I imagine
he's marking his territory.

This makes me happy. It's odd none of my others have done this, but Levi
is apparently laying claim to everything here!

--
Lynne