[OT] Last Call....

Old November 20th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default [OT] Last Call....

"Takayuki" wrote

"Pat" wrote:
Have tried them in the past a few times. Usually can't even give stuff
away
there.

I've got tons of *traffic* to my page today from the various ads I've
posted
but the only orders so far have come via Amazon which is my mainstay
anyway!
They take $1.25 per item plus 15% which is a big bite out of inexpensive
items, so only my higher priced tapes ($5 and up) are listed there.

I imagine it's hard selling those unless it's something that's out of
print and hasn't made it to iTunes or DVD. I once bought a VHS of
"Garfield: His 9 Lives" from an Amazon seller, because it's no longer
produced. Small market entrepreneurship sounds like hard work.

I haven't been buying or trading for anything lately that isn't out of print
or still way expensive on DVD. I'm basically looking to get out of this
business because it isn't worth the amount of time it takes. I started it
when I was out on the farm, as a way to be able to watch *something* on TV
with no reception, yet not wanting to drive to town to return rented videos,
I would just buy them if I found them for less than I knew I could get for
them on Amazon. There's a store in town here run by a woman who's mainly
into books but buys lots of tapes also. She buys them in large lots on eBay
and doesn't bother looking to see what their resale value is on Amazon. She
doesn't know it but she's made me a lot of money!

Old November 20th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Sorry, can't help you. You at least have a disability check. I have
absolute no income whatsoever. While your trailer at Gloria's place
sounded
horrific I sure wouldn't have jumped into buying a house.

If you were unable to rent a house for less than the combined monthly
mortgage payment, taxes and insurance, you would have had about as
much choice as I had.

Sadly, I don't have a father that wants to buy me a house. He's been
dead since 1982 but never would have dreamed of buying me a house
anyway.

Sorry, sweetie, but my father isn't buying me a house. I'm applying at fast
food places these days.

Jill

Old November 20th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote
Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Sorry, can't help you. You at least have a disability check. I have
absolute no income whatsoever. While your trailer at Gloria's place
sounded
horrific I sure wouldn't have jumped into buying a house.

If you were unable to rent a house for less than the combined monthly
mortgage payment, taxes and insurance, you would have had about as
much choice as I had.

Sadly, I don't have a father that wants to buy me a house. He's been
dead since 1982 but never would have dreamed of buying me a house
anyway.

Sorry, sweetie, but my father isn't buying me a house. I'm applying at
fast
food places these days.

Yes, I knew that. But he *wanted* to at one point. You're very lucky to have
a generous dad like that - no matter how much of a pain he may be at times.

Old November 20th 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Takayuki wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote:
*delurk* what about Craig's list? *relurk* Lee

You are the Romulan Warbird of RPCA members.

Great description ;-) I had to think about it for a moment.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 20th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian A wrote:

Takayuki wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote:
*delurk* what about Craig's list? *relurk* Lee

You are the Romulan Warbird of RPCA members.

Great description ;-) I had to think about it for a moment.

Oh - I just got it. De-cloak, post, re-cloak.

Joyce