A Friend Adopted a Cat

Old January 20th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default A Friend Adopted a Cat

Long distance, no less. I don't know how he found out about this cat but
it's another one of those "about to be PTS for no good reason" situations.
He learned about her predicament and got in touch with the shelter in
Alabama that had her.

Ridiculously enough, they wouldn't accept his credit card when he said he'd
pay for all her vet bills and the adoption fees via a credit card over the
phone. (They'd rather kill the cat, apparently.) He finally got in touch
with someone at Sav A Pet who had dealt with clueless people at this shelter
before. They intervened and he drove halfway there and met someone and
picked up his new addition to his home. He hasn't named her yet... or
rather, she hasn't told him her name yet

She's gorgeous. He says she's a "snowshoe" but the photo he sent me screams
"chocolate point Siamese!" to me. (I can email the photo to anyone who
wants to see her.) God bless him for going to such great lengths to save
this cat.

Jill

Old January 20th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jan 19, 4:25*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Hooray for your friend the Cat Savior, who didn't went the distance to
save her. =o) May she bring him years of companionship, love and fun
in return.

Melissa
Old January 20th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Jill, I think a "Snowshoe" IS a Siamese (but with white paws).
Old January 20th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Bless his heart-- much happiness to them both.

Old January 20th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Ahhh, she does have white paws She's gorgeous.

Jill

Old January 20th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:25:21 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Wow, he gets major karma for this!

It's really nice to read stories like this; it helps to make up for the
all to frequent sick kitties, and the RB kitties.

She sounds like a very, very pretty kitty. I hope she has a long and
happy life, with the man who saved her life.

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 25th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad the story has a happy ending. Congrats to both of them!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek