[OT] Job update ^_^

Old August 6th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] Job update ^_^

With all the gloom and doom around here recently, I thought I'd write
a bit on a happier note.

Some might recall that I was unemployed for 2 years, gaining a bit of
pocket money with occasional substitute teacher jobs (which truly does
pay pocket money around here). At the end of May I interviewed and was
hired for a job with the state government.

Two months on, I'm here to say that I love my new job. It's something
new every day, and the folks who do what I do are supposed to use
their intelligence instead of mindlessly droning on. I've done
everything from field work (where I'm still in OJT), to writing
reports, to handling the complaint desk (on my own, and not as deadly
as it sounds because a lot of our calls are actually just people with
questions instead of complaints). When I'm in the office, *where* I
work is fascinating too. Yes, it's a very small cube in a very large
government office building, but that building is also nearly a city in
itself, with shops, cafeterias, banks, a post office station, and all
sorts of tunnels to other buildings downtown to explore. Being
immediately next door to the state capitol building, you can imagine
the people-watching opportunities that lunch hour presents (for the
first time in my work life I really do get 60 minutes for lunch).

Also, the other day I finally found a place that suits me to move to,
which will hugely cut down on my commute (currently 83 miles 1-way).
I should hear early next week if my application was accepted.

So I'm quite happy at the moment, and I've asked Natasha to send some
of those vibrations to the mothership for use by those who need them.

(now, if only government work paid more..... ^.^ )

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old August 6th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

Yay! I'm so happy, and it sounds like a fascinating place. At least
half the job problems we hear about here seem to be about people who
are employed but hate their jobs. So it's so nice to hear that you
*love* your job! I'm always concerned that everyone enjoy their jobs.

Old August 6th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
[...]

How lovely that things are working out so well for you, and how nice of you
to share it. As you said, we can use some good news.

It's too bad it doesn't pay better, but when it comes right down to it, job
satisfaction is more important than salary, as long as you're making enough
to live comfortably on.

Joy

Old August 6th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Two months on, I'm here to say that I love my new job. It's something
new every day, and the folks who do what I do are supposed to use
their intelligence instead of mindlessly droning on.

So glad that someone has landed on their feet! Congratulations on your
new job, and purrs for your living arrangement to work out.

Old August 6th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-06, Jeanne Hedge penned:

So I'm quite happy at the moment, and I've asked Natasha to send
some of those vibrations to the mothership for use by those who need
them.

That's wonderful news! So glad ot hear it!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 6th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-06, Takayuki penned:

Yay! I'm so happy, and it sounds like a fascinating place. At
least half the job problems we hear about here seem to be about
people who are employed but hate their jobs. So it's so nice to
hear that you *love* your job! I'm always concerned that everyone
enjoy their jobs.

I'll just butt in here to mention that I *do* love my job. The job
description change several months ago was a shock to the system, but
it turns out to have been a *great* move for me. It gives me the
opportunity to work on complex back-end problems rather than GUI
nits*, and it allows me to leverage my people skills for the good of
the company.

* Not that there's anything wrong with GUI work, and I enjoy it
occasionally, but even though it's also complex and difficult, it just
doesn't hold my interest the way the back-end stuff does.

I also wish my job paid a bit more, but then I think, would it be
worth it to find a job that paid more but I liked less? The answer is
definitely "No!" I'm so completely enthralled with my job that I work
late without realizing that's what I'm doing. So much better than
staring at the clock, waiting for the minutes to pass by.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 6th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Job update ^_^

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

Great news, although I had always assumed that you had a hedge fund.
Ouch, I know.

Maggie May, WooToo, Winnie, Sunrise, Missy and Bear the d*g say "good
going"

Will in New Haven

--

"The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it
provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good

Old August 6th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Two months on, I'm here to say that I love my new job. It's something

Excellent! I still hope to one day find a job I love.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 6th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2006-08-06, Takayuki penned:

[...]

Good for you!
I was interested in GUI work, but has never done any..

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 6th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Will in New Haven wrote:

Great news, although I had always assumed that you had a hedge fund.
Ouch, I know.

Maggie May, WooToo, Winnie, Sunrise, Missy and Bear the d*g say "good
going"

You have a cat named Winnie?

Winnie

[OT] One More Medical Update CatNipped Cat anecdotes 24 July 19th 06 02:36 AM
[OT] Wilma Update 20A Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 October 20th 05 03:07 PM
Dad Update [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 26 May 8th 05 11:32 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 12:25 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 04:33 AM