Cats Farting???

Old September 17th 03, 12:41 AM
Angela Ryan

Default Cats Farting???

This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

Old September 17th 03, 01:40 AM
Motherthing

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message
This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me

and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the

first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

The toxicity of a cat's fart is amazing. I've had several 'gassy' cats in
the past and wanted to have their emissions classified as chemical warfare
reagents.

--
Motherthing

Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers
are starving to death.
- Rosalind Russell

Old September 17th 03, 01:50 AM
Hopitus2

The Evil 3 fart regularly and the odor is most awful...can't pin it on any
one of them, but I suspect the BT Rowdy is not guilty and it's the girls
breaking wind most frequently, as this was going on long before His
Badvision's arrival in this household. Sylvie's litterbox offerings smell
pungently, also, and we can't help believing that some cats *are* "gas
machines"! Why not, as some hoomins are such.......?

"Motherthing" wrote in message
:
: "Angela Ryan" wrote in message
: ...
: This is a bit foul......
:
[...]
: --
: Motherthing
:

Old September 17th 03, 02:23 AM
OU812?

Angela Ryan wrote:
This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I
heard this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it
wasn't me and since we were the only ones there I figured it must be
Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the
first time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

Out of my six, the only one who's ever had the gumption to do it while
sitting on or near us (on the couch) has been Oreo, and whooooeeee is he
rank!!!

Kristy
who's smelled dog farts too, i think the dogs are worse though..
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Old September 17th 03, 02:49 AM
Flippy

This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me

and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the

first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

Oh yes. My Chloe likes to sleep next to my face on my pillow. Quite often
I've had to leave the bedroom because of the toxic fumes!

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Old September 17th 03, 03:09 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Flippy composed with style:
This is a bit foul......

Oh yes. My Chloe likes to sleep next to my face on my pillow. Quite
often I've had to leave the bedroom because of the toxic fumes!

My RB cat Marley used to get gas now and then and he would fart, stick
his nose in the air because he smelled it and then look at me as if I
did it! lol

Old September 17th 03, 04:13 AM
Jo Firey

Rosie can be positively toxic. I think in part cause she will try to eat almost
anything, and some of it can't sit well.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."

Old September 17th 03, 04:43 AM
William Hamblen

On 2003-09-16, Angela Ryan wrote:

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Although it is common knowledge that cat don't pass gas, common knowledge
is wrong. I've experienced kitty farts. Dogs do it too. I had a friend
who owned a black lab that could create extremely foul, room clearing,
odors. I suppose it is related to the amount of starch in the diet,
so dry food kitties would be more prone to this than wet food kitties.

Old September 17th 03, 05:20 AM
Tanada

Lois Reay wrote:

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message
This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me

and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the

first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

My cats can sometimes clear a room and they look at you so innocent like!!!

What was really funny, to me, was the time Tanada let one loose when we
had a bunch of people over. She looked over at me like I'd done the
dirty deed, and everyone else followed suit. No one believed me when I
declared that the cat did it.

Pam S.
Old September 17th 03, 12:07 PM
JHBennett

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message
This is a bit foul......

Gizmo and I were watching TV last night, we were home alone!! Then I heard
this "pop" noise and shortly after a strange smell. I knew it wasn't me

and
since we were the only ones there I figured it must be Gizmo.

Has anyone else had any experience with their cats farting? It is the

first
time I have noticed this with Gizmo

Hmmm.....

Goodness, I should say! I'm shocked, shocked I say at the emergence of such
an indelicate topic amongst such a cultured and refined group. You might at
least have the decency to call it *flatus.* And, from my store of
irrelevant facts which stick in your mind forever, the average human
produces some 4 quarts of flatus daily. Likely your little fur covered
friends are just trying to even the score, or let you know what it's like
for them, with their heightened sense of smell.
I might also mention--more useless information from the same
source--humans sweat on the average 2 quarts from their feet per day. So
for the critters built close to the ground, with a sense of smell many times
greater than ours......
Which, for no particular reason, brings to mind a poem from the late
great Ogden Nash:
Behold the hippopotamus,
We laugh at how he looks to us,
And yet, in moments dank and grim,