Warning, Very Sad

Old September 17th 03, 04:37 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Rest in peace, little calico kitten. You were so thin I suspect you didn't have
a home or anybody who cared.
My heart hurts for this poor little thing and I am angry beyond belief to
think how long she laid there.
Sherry

Yes, that brought tears to my eyes.

But thank you for taking care of the little darling at the end. I do
firmly believe that a kitties journey to the Bridge is made easier if
they pass in an environment in which they know love. Even if it is only
for a brief period.

Dan

Old September 17th 03, 09:49 PM
polonca12000

That really is so very sad. Poor little thing! tears Thank you so much for
trying to save her.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Sherry " wrote in message
We were in the city today, driving down a busy 4-lane street.DH caught a
glimpse of a small cat lying by the curb; snip

Old September 18th 03, 12:44 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Sherry " wrote in message
We were in the city today, driving down a busy 4-lane street.DH caught a
glimpse of a small cat lying by the curb; he thought it was rolling

around,
like kittens do when they're playing outside, and said, "That cat is going

get hit by a car if it doesn't play somewhere else." We turned around

just to
be sure it was okay, and it wasn't playing, it had been hit by a car and

was
writhing around. It (she, it was a she surely because it was one of those

dark
calicos). Anyway, she had been lying there panting a long time because her
little mouth was full of dirt and completely dried out. We wrapped her in

towel and started toward the closest vet.. It's weird, the thoughts that

can
run through your mind. I thought, really thought, okay, we're going to

take
this cat to the vet get it fixed up and keep it, and I'm going to name it
Cosmic. Although I knew better.. I knew it was in bad respiratory

distress,
just like Jacky was right before he died and was too far gone. I scooped

some
ice out of my Coke and put on her little dry tongue and just stroked her

and
talked to her. We gott to the vet's, and they sent us right in, we laid

her on
the table and she passed away, right then.
Rest in peace, little calico kitten. You were so thin I suspect you didn't

have
a home or anybody who cared.
My heart hurts for this poor little thing and I am angry beyond belief to
think how long she laid there.
Sherry

at least she spent her final moments in the arms of someone who cared.
Bless you, Sherry, and lots of comforting purrs.
Brenda

Old September 18th 03, 01:04 AM
Mary

My heart hurts for this poor little thing and I am angry beyond belief to
think how long she laid there.

That kitten was very lucky to have you even though it was just for his last
moments on earth. Thanks so much for picking him up and caring for him. I pick
up injured squirrels or else people bring them to me. Some have been laying
right next to people for days and days and no one bothered to pick them up.
Most people think they are already dead or will be dead shortly. Some are
afraid. Some can't take gross stuff. Some just don't care about animals or
others. Then there are sweethearts like you who pick them up and get them help,
even if it's too late. Thanks again for picking him up. You did a wonderful
thing.
Old September 18th 03, 04:25 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 17 Sep 2003 04:01:29 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

We were in the city today, driving down a busy 4-lane street.DH caught a
glimpse of a small cat lying by the curb; he thought it was rolling around,
like kittens do when they're playing outside, and said, "That cat is going to
get hit by a car if it doesn't play somewhere else." We turned around just to
be sure it was okay, and it wasn't playing, it had been hit by a car and was
writhing around. It (she, it was a she surely because it was one of those dark
calicos). Anyway, she had been lying there panting a long time because her
little mouth was full of dirt and completely dried out. We wrapped her in a
towel and started toward the closest vet.. It's weird, the thoughts that can
run through your mind. I thought, really thought, okay, we're going to take
this cat to the vet get it fixed up and keep it, and I'm going to name it
Cosmic. Although I knew better.. I knew it was in bad respiratory distress,
just like Jacky was right before he died and was too far gone. I scooped some
ice out of my Coke and put on her little dry tongue and just stroked her and
talked to her. We gott to the vet's, and they sent us right in, we laid her on
the table and she passed away, right then.
Rest in peace, little calico kitten. You were so thin I suspect you didn't have
a home or anybody who cared.
My heart hurts for this poor little thing and I am angry beyond belief to
think how long she laid there.
Sherry

Purrs of thanks to you for trying to save her. Lighting a candle for
her journey to the RB.
Old September 18th 03, 07:26 AM
LOL

(Sherry ) wrote in message ...
[...]

This is terribly sad, and it's terribly frustrating when you *try* to
save a little one and it just doesn't happen. You couldn't save her,
but you did help her; she knew kindness at the very end of her life,
and without you she may never have known any at all. It's the people
like you, who *try*, who make a difference.

We will light a candle for little Cosmic kitty, and we are sending
peaceful purrs to you, Sherry, because you richly deserve them.

------
Krista
Old September 18th 03, 11:29 AM
Adrian

{{{{{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry you couldn't save her, but at least
you were there for her at the end.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.