Down the canyon

Old July 31st 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Default Down the canyon

[As Sammy and the other kitties walk around admiring the Jeeps, a couple
of rather large Maine Coon kitties approach from the main tent. They are
both grey tabbies, but one is obviously older than the other. As they
reach the Jeeps the older of two climbs into the back of the nearest one.]

Hello, everykitty. I'm Max, and this is my associate Max. We're both tour
guides here in The Narrows. As requested by Mlle. Anais, we've arranged
for these exploration vehicles to allow you to see the wonders of this
beautiful natural formation. They are specially designed for the comfort
and safety of kitty passengers, and they don't require any special skills
to operate. Max and I will be delighted to lead you on an exploration of
the canyon, and we can show you the most comfortable ways to get where we
want to go. That's an important consideration, since the river you see
before runs the entire way through The Narrows and we'll have to be
driving right down the middle of it for a good part of our trip!

Now, are you kitties ready for a little canyon exploring, or do you want
some more time to relax and enjoy the buffet? If some of you want to leave
now and some want to follow later, that's not a problem. The Jeeps do have
an autopilot feature, so those kitties who would like to leave a little
after the others can still be delivered in comfort and safety to the main
body of the canyon explorers.

So, who is ready to do a little driving?

Big Max
Old July 31st 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Samuel Redcat"
[...]

I am reddy tew do sum driving...wheeeee
I am full rite gnow frum eeting.
Tabitha, wanna come wif me?
Your shiny thingy I gave yew fur yer helmet looks gudgud on yew

Mosey

Old July 31st 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Harri, iz u readi. I haff had enuf fudz for rite now. O T finishes his nip
wine and burps too loud. He ducks just in time to be lucky to miss being
smacked by Miz Piglet. Dat waz rude, shamwz on u.

O T apologizez to d group and den wonders to himself,

When iz she gonna figure I iz too big ta be smacked all da time?

Miz Piglet hears and turns to him,

When u startz actking like a grown up cat and mancat enuf to be eskoting
Miss Harri around.
news

Old August 1st 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:54:08 -0500, Samuel Redcat's nimble, little
paws typed:

[...]

Dis sownds like fun. After we come back, we cud haff a nice dinner an
a liddle pawty!

Lucy, Cleo, shall we share one ov dese?
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

7/31/2008 11:26:49 PM
Old August 1st 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

[...]

Waaaayyyt furr Uz!
Sundance an I wanna go tuu!
Ar dere egztra kushinz furr da seetz, in cayze it getz bumppee?

--
Pitô.ônya

Old August 1st 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T sits almost breathless as he watches the tall rock sides of the canyon
walls pass by. The formations and colors are beautiful.The river gets very
narrow in some places and he wonders if they will be able to get through.
He sees the waterfalls cascading down the sides and thinks this is a most
beautiful place. He looks over at Harri and sees she is enjoying the trip
too.
.. .

Old August 1st 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabitha Fluffytail[_2_]

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:38:35 -0700, Mosey =^. .^=` wrote:

I am reddy tew do sum driving...wheeeee
I am full rite gnow frum eeting.
Tabitha, wanna come wif me?

Absolutely!

Your shiny thingy I gave yew fur yer helmet looks gudgud on yew

Mosey

Fangu [blushing under her black fur]

Old August 1st 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_]

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:27:37 -0400, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Dis sownds like fun. After we come back, we cud haff a nice dinner an
a liddle pawty!

Lucy, Cleo, shall we share one ov dese?

[Cleo climbs slowly into the back seat and selects a nice, soft cushion]

Ready when you are!

Cleo
Old August 1st 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Waaaayyyt furr Uz!
Sundance an I wanna go tuu!
Ar dere egztra kushinz furr da seetz, in cayze it getz bumppee?

[The smaller of the two Maine Coones hops into the front of the lead Jeep]

Absolutely! Dere's extra cushions under da seats, and da cushions dat are
dere now automatically fill wif air to fluff themselves more when da road
gets rough.

Akchooly, dis would be a good time to 'splain bout da Jeep-fings.
Efurrykitty, if I could haf your attention fur a minute - as Max said a
minute ago, my name is also Max, and Max and I are your tour guides. If
you will look at the control panel on your Jeep you will see a big green
button, a big red button, a computer screen, and a microphone. Da green
button turns on da electronics and enables da engine. Da red button shuts
efurrything down. Da screen is da locator. Please push your green buttons
now...

[Kitties begin pushing the green buttons on the Jeeps they have selected
for themselves. ]

On da screen you can see a map. Da blinking green dot is dis base camp. Da
blinking red dot is da location of da leaders Jeep. Da blinking crosshairs
is da location of your Jeep. Da reason da dots is blinkin is dat you are
too close fur da autonavigator to take you dere - basically, you'z already
dere. However, once da lead Jeep moves away from da camp, if you touch da
screen where da red dot is, the autonavigator will drife you dere by da
safest, purrtiest route. An den if you touch da screen on da green dot, da
Jeep will drife you back to camp.

An da microphone on da dash is so you can gif voice commands. You can meow
"follow da lead jeep", and it will. Or "take me back to base camp" and it
will.

An most important, if dere is a emergency, if you say "emergency" into da
microphone, the teleporter will turn on and 'port you back to dis base
camp.

So, if efurryone is ready, we can mofe out now! If anykitty wants to join
us later, all dey has to do is pick one of da remaining jeeps, press da
green button, and say "catch up".

[With that Little Max starts up the lead Jeep, both Max's secure their
seat belts, and they head down the canyon. The Jeep splashes through water
that's a couple feet deep, but the cats don't get wet. They soon have a
whole convoy of kitty Jeeps following them.]

Old August 1st 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat[_2_]

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 00:51:12 -0500, Granby wrote:

O T sits almost breathless as he watches the tall rock sides of the canyon
walls pass by. The formations and colors are beautiful.The river gets very
narrow in some places and he wonders if they will be able to get through.
He sees the waterfalls cascading down the sides and thinks this is a most
beautiful place. He looks over at Harri and sees she is enjoying the trip
too.

Well, da 2 Max's sed we could, so mebbe so. We'll see, I guess.

Dis is a bootiful place. I'z glad I'z seeing it wif you.

Harri