WANTED: Best Cat Flea treament

Old August 19th 03, 03:44 AM
SophieIsMyCat

Default WANTED: Best Cat Flea treament

My himilyan cat is infested with fleas. I am ging to flea bomb my
hoouse tmoorw, but I need to know which flea treament is best for an
adult cat. my cat is about 10 pounds is is 6 years old.

is Frontline better then Advantage?? Are any of the other treaments any
gd??

thanks
Old August 19th 03, 11:46 PM
Cheryl

In ,
SophieIsMyCat composed with style:
My himilyan cat is infested with fleas. I am ging to flea bomb my
hoouse tmoorw, but I need to know which flea treament is best for an
adult cat. my cat is about 10 pounds is is 6 years old.

is Frontline better then Advantage?? Are any of the other treaments
any gd??

thanks

I think they both have very good reputations; I've only used Advantage
and it seems to work very well. I keep seeing mention of a pill
called Capstar that you can get from your vet that works much quicker.
I've seen people post to use both the pill and the spot-on in
conjuction with each other in bad infestations.

Old August 20th 03, 12:01 AM
Bill

"SophieIsMyCat" wrote in message
My himilyan cat is infested with fleas. I am ging to flea bomb my
hoouse tmoorw, but I need to know which flea treament is best for an
adult cat. my cat is about 10 pounds is is 6 years old.

is Frontline better then Advantage?? Are any of the other treaments any
gd??

thanks

Frontline is better than Advantage if you want to kill ticks as well as
fleas. If you only have a problem with fleas, they both work about the
same.

I've used Advantage with good results.

All the other treatments (powders, dips, shampoos, pills) are all either not
as good as Advantage or Frontline at killing fleas, or they are more toxic.

Bill