boyfie gets a gift of food

Old May 5th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default boyfie gets a gift of food

from tigger, my brother's cat - half a carrier bag of prawn and shrimp
whiskas pouches. tigger is very picky with his food, he only likes whiskas
pouches, although they come in numerous boxes of different and very varied
mixes of flavours and jelly/gravy options there is only one box he will
condescend to eat and he doesn't like the prawn one..
not to worry - boyfie does.
tigger does not remember his humble origins, he was adopted from the rspca
as a kitten, now he lords it over the household as a -very-important-cat-
who is quite aloof and has a huge opinion of himself.
he sees no reason to curry favour with the family although he does seem
slightly fond of my niece charlotte aged 11 who is occasionally allowed to
pick him up - as a treat for her.
whenever i've visited, if he happens to be draped on the back of an armchair
and i attempt to speak to him he makes no attempt to hide his disdain. he
is not afraid but i am not worthy of his attention so he rises with a sigh
and disappears out of the cat flap.
boyfie is enjoying those rejected pouches. i feed him on whiskas pouches
too but he has no preference, he will eat any flavour.
when i was away from him recently i asked june every day how he was. fine
she said, but after a few days she asked if he always ate like an expletive
horse and i said yes, that boy just lurves his food.

tweed

i sort of like that.

Old May 5th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I don't think anyone could call Bofie fussy. ;-)

--
Adrian
Old May 5th 11, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

you might say that but it has to have a picture of a cat on the tin, pouch
or box or he will not consider it.
he will not eat human food except he makes an exception for roast chicken.
kfc would eat - and loved almost more than cat food - mashed potato with a
bit of meat in with gravy and brussells sprouts. i guess that goes back to
the time when neighbours noticed she'd left her original home and used to
put leftovers out for her.
boyfie would not dream of eating such rubbish. i tried him once with
mashed up dinner as i called it. he said are you mad or something..
tweed

Old May 5th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
from tigger, my brother's cat - half a carrier bag of prawn and
shrimp whiskas pouches. tigger is very picky with his food, he only
likes whiskas pouches, although they come in numerous boxes of
different and very varied mixes of flavours and jelly/gravy options
there is only one box he will condescend to eat and he doesn't like
the prawn one.. not to worry - boyfie does. tigger does not remember
his humble origins, he was adopted from the rspca as a kitten, now he
lords it over the household as -very-important-cat- who is quite
[...]

When Sweep (RB) first moved in with us, we tried her with all sorts and
she had a small portion of whatever we were having. So she, too, had
mashed potato, meat and gravy. On fridays, when we had fish and chips, she
had her own fish (minus the batter). She would eat it all but over a few
weeks the novelty ran out and she started to eat only the meat or fish, so
that was what I gave her. She was a very dignified cat and wouldn't lower
herself for anything but she would have stood on her head for Turkey.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

There must be something special about turkey. I have never given my current
two any sort of "people food", and I am pretty sure they were never given
any in the three years before I got them. Mostly, they show no interest in
it, but the smell of turkey definitely catches their attention. Many years
ago, when my husband was alive, we had four cats. I have a picture of the
four of them perched on the dining room windowsill, watching my husband
carve the Thanksgiving turkey. They were given some scraps, and would
gladly eat all they could get.

Joy

Old May 5th 11, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
news:WpednR1TecxIV1_QnZ2dnUVZ7qqdnZ2d@brightview .com...
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Many cat food feature turkey in it.
With Rusty (RB)'s IBD, the vet said he should eat a novel protein
source,
something he never had before. So Rusty got prescription cat food
with
duck as the main ingredient . There are OTC duck cat food as well.
Anyway, you really can smell the duck in the food.
I like duck myself, but unlike Rusty, I never get to eat duck everyday
At first I was kind of skeptical, but Rusty loved his duck cat food.
In fact, he never refused any food, be it OTC or prescription,
unless he was sick, or there was medicine mixed in with the food.
And we went through so many different prescription food (because of
his various health problem over the years ) that I finally lost
track.
He also loved pumpkin and fresh pineapple juice which he got for
hairball.