The Wardrobe Incident

Old April 5th 05, 07:49 PM
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Marina wrote:

(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

I think grey cat hair goes great with black clothing!

--

Don't the fashion police keep telling us Grey is the new black? Time for
more wardrobe Marina. You know I always pictured you as someone who

Jo

After reading what I wrote, I think maybe I should qualify it. To me
black clothes are "city clothes" and I think of you as a city person for
the most part.

I guess you're right, though I love being on the island, too. But most of
the year, I stay in the city.

When I travel I like to think I can tell where people are from by how
they dress. Boots are South/Southwest US. Athletic shoes are
MidWest/West US. Dress shoes are East Coast US - City. Really nice shoes
Europe. Really really nice shoes. Italy.

LOL. We do wear bad shoes in Europe, too.

Oh I'm quite sure. But Europeans who travel in the US usually dress pretty
well while they are here. I've got a feeling the same can't always be said
about us when we travel in Europe.

Jo

Old April 5th 05, 07:53 PM
Jo Firey

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:41:46 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Marina wrote:

[...]

Hmm, I remember men in sandals with black socks.

I'll take men in sandals with black socks over most men in just sandals any
day. I very large part of the world wears some sort of sandals and the
majority of them have truly ugly feet.

And I really don't mean that to be as critical as it might sound. If a
person has worked hard outdoors most of their life with poor shoes or no
shoes, they have a right to have "ugly" feet. Its a kind of badge of honor.

Jo

Old April 5th 05, 08:05 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:49:26 -0700, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

"Marina" wrote in message

Marina wrote:

[...]

Khaki pants, polo shirt, fanny pack, running shoes or Teva sandals=
American.

Theresa
Old April 5th 05, 08:14 PM
jmcquown

"Marina" wrote in message

Marina wrote:

[...]

I've never used a fanny pack in my life; I think they look stupid. I did
see some really nice leather purses at one show designed to be worn across
both shoulders like "backpacks" but my thought was, anyone could come up
behind you. While they can't snatch the purse off both shoulders they could
certainly reach into the drawstring pouch in a crowd and grab whatever.
Fashion doesn't always dictate good sense.

John is always after me to put my purse strap over my head so it can't be
yanked off my shoulder. That feels so "I'm 80 years old" to me, but I do it
to appease him if we are in a crowd

He's also the only man I know who is completely comfortable carrying my
purse for me when we do a lot of walking. He first did that when we were in
the Dallas Museum of Art and we'd been walking for an hour or so. I'm used
to carrying a purse but he thought I was getting uncomfortable (actually, I
was tired - we'd been up for HOURS the night before!) He said, "Here, let
me take your purse for a while." I felt a little funny with him walking
around with my purse on his shoulder but he wasn't concerned about it so I
adjusted my thinking.

Jill

Old April 5th 05, 08:32 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:14:46 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

"Marina" wrote in message

Marina wrote:

[...]

If there is one completely stupid fad (and there are quite a few), it
is people in New York City wearing backpacks, and what should properly
be hand and shoulderbags designed like backpacks. This is a pretty
common pet peeve on the subways, but apparently not enough to stop
people from using them. People wear backpacks that take up almost as
much room as another person on the subway, and it does not occur to
them to take off the backpack and put it on the floor. People are
constantly getting clocked or knocked flat by some idiot with a
backpack who suddenly turns around. :P

Theresa
Old April 5th 05, 08:35 PM
wafflycat

"Marina" wrote in message
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...bum?.dir=/4ba1

(Yes, it's very obvious what colour clothes I prefer.)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I sense a conspiracy behind our backs. It is
clear that Waffles has been teleporting over and showing a certain kitten
bad ways. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Be afraid, be very afraid. I'm not
entirely sure Vernon has ever managed to get all the Wafflefur from his
business suits and shirts ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 5th 05, 08:35 PM
Mischief

I use a fanny pack just because I'm so scatterbrained I know I'm going
to lose my stuff unless its attached to me

Kristi

Old April 5th 05, 08:36 PM
Mischief

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! How cute!!!!!

Silly little kitty

Kristi

Old April 5th 05, 08:44 PM
Jo Firey

Just think of the purse thing as urban rather than old. I've carried a
purse with a shoulder strap over my head and with my left hand holding on to
the strap or usually the purse itself since I was in my teens.

Jo
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .

Old April 5th 05, 09:19 PM
CK

Jo Firey wrote:
Just think of the purse thing as urban rather than old. I've carried a
purse with a shoulder strap over my head and with my left hand holding on to
the strap or usually the purse itself since I was in my teens.

Jo

I think it's more comfortable to wear the purse with the shoulder strap
over my head (= across my body). That way the purse doesn't keep
slipping off my shoulder, I don't have to keep lifting it back up again
and I don't walk at a funny tilt trying to keep one shoulder higher up
to keep the purse from falling off the shoulder. And then, of course,
there's the security factor too, as already mentioned.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com