Attn: Brits! Please Check In...

Old July 21st 05, 03:12 PM
wafflycat

"Karen" wrote in message

What do you want to bet this is a copy cat incident of the homemade
variety?

The original was homegrown!

Cheers, helen s

Old July 21st 05, 03:40 PM
Karen

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message

What do you want to bet this is a copy cat incident of the homemade
variety?

The original was homegrown!

Cheers, helen s

Well, yes, but I guess I am thinking malcontent 20 something with no job and
a need for attention type maybe. I only say this with the news so far since
it seems like this has been apparently just really disruptive and not as
visciously damaging. The real folk don't mess around with small explosives.

Old July 21st 05, 03:57 PM
wafflycat

"Karen" wrote in message

What do you want to bet this is a copy cat incident of the homemade
variety?

The original was homegrown!

Cheers, helen s

Well, yes, but I guess I am thinking malcontent 20 something with no job
and
a need for attention type maybe. I only say this with the news so far
since
it seems like this has been apparently just really disruptive and not as
visciously damaging. The real folk don't mess around with small
explosives.

Apparently armed police have sealed off a hospital - this was the real deal,
be it big or small explosive devices.

Cheers, helen s

Old July 21st 05, 04:00 PM

I was on the bus when some French woman started shouting that bombs
were going off in London again, she appeared to be talking to no-one as
there was no signal on her mobile so we just thought she was a bit
bonkers. I got on the Central line (under the assumption that if
anything was going down the network would have been shut down) - got
off at Holborn and was greeted by gridlock, screeching police cars
getting nowhere fast and helicopters flying over. God knows how I'll
get home from work tonight, better be in time for Otis's insulin!

Old July 21st 05, 04:03 PM
wafflycat

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on the bus when some French woman started shouting that bombs
were going off in London again, she appeared to be talking to no-one as
there was no signal on her mobile so we just thought she was a bit
bonkers. I got on the Central line (under the assumption that if
anything was going down the network would have been shut down) - got
off at Holborn and was greeted by gridlock, screeching police cars
getting nowhere fast and helicopters flying over. God knows how I'll
get home from work tonight, better be in time for Otis's insulin!

As I said in a previous post on this... sales of bicycles have soared in the
last couple of weeks!

Cheers, helen s

Old July 21st 05, 04:09 PM
Karen

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on the bus when some French woman started shouting that bombs
were going off in London again, she appeared to be talking to no-one as
there was no signal on her mobile so we just thought she was a bit
bonkers. I got on the Central line (under the assumption that if
anything was going down the network would have been shut down) - got
off at Holborn and was greeted by gridlock, screeching police cars
getting nowhere fast and helicopters flying over. God knows how I'll
get home from work tonight, better be in time for Otis's insulin!

As I said in a previous post on this... sales of bicycles have soared in

the
last couple of weeks!

Cheers, helen s

Wow. I wonder how that woman knew?

Helen, I think that is really amazing about bikes. Not a bad idea either.
Although, how difficult is it to bike in London?

Old July 21st 05, 04:14 PM
Debbie Wilson

wafflycat waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote:

Get him to invest in a Brompton folding bike. Take car to outskirts and then
cycle in. Sales of bicycles have soared in London over the last couple of
weeks. Advantage of a Brompton is that it folds up quickly and small to be
easily transportable by hand yet is very strong. They retain a high
second-hand value as they are the bees' knees as far as folders for
commuting goes. Transport for London will provide maps of cycling routes
throughout London totally free of charge. See
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/cycle_guide.shtml and cycling is quicker than car
on the streets on London.

Thanks for the thought, Helen - you've never cycled in London, have
you..... ;-) I'd quite like him back in one piece and the cycle is
probably more of a risk than today's events. There are several factors
why this wouldn't be a good option for us - though I appreciate the
thought! We are only 30 mins by train from Victoria, and it would take
me at least 45 - 50 to drive through the hellish roads of S London
anywhere near enough to cycle in, e.g. Brixton. Then the time taken to
cycle to destination - today it was Notting Hill, which from e.g.
Brixton would be another 30-40 mins. Then the strong possibility of
being flattened by a bus/white van/car/taxi/police car/another
bus/mugger en route. Then the cost of parking. The cost to us in time,
not a small consideration when you are a freelancer. And finally, the
coup de grace, where to put the A1 portfolio while cycling :-) But
thanks for your kind thought!

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 21st 05, 04:24 PM
Hopitus

Your attention please: I'm not a Brit and haven't even read the news yet but
wanted to let you all know that website Petloss.com has a candle burning
"for London" right on its homepage.

"Karen" wrote in message

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

ups.com...

Old July 21st 05, 04:31 PM
Christina Websell

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

Checking in, I'm fine thanks Jeanne.

Tweed

Old July 21st 05, 04:34 PM