Emergency Purrs needed

Old October 13th 03, 04:00 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Hazel Az wrote:

The problem with a restraining order is that I have to know where to find
him in order to have him served. He has disappeared into the city somewhere
with no forwarding address and no telephone number. He shows up when he
wants to harass me and disappears again. I will see what the lawyer says
tomorrow.

The lawyer can advise on this, but I know that when filing divorce
papers or many other civil actions, if you don't know where the person
actually is but have reason to believe they're still in the general
area, publishing notice in a newspaper of general circulation is legally
considered to be an acceptable form of service.

Old October 13th 03, 05:33 PM
Takayuki

"Hazel Az" wrote:
The never ending soap opera of my life. I swear....

Oh, no! That does sound like a movie, a scary one! I think it's good
that you're seeing a lawyer, since there are communal property issues,
and things like that that a lawyer could straighten out and advise you
on.

In the meantime, purrs for you, and litterbox offerings for your DH.

Old October 13th 03, 06:02 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Purrs on the way. You should be able to get a restraining order at the very
least. I also believe death threats are against the law, you might be able
to call the police and have him arrested.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old October 13th 03, 09:19 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

{{{Hazel}}} You know I'm thinking of you, and purrs are being sent.
Take care of yourself, okay?

Ginger-lyn

Old October 13th 03, 10:43 PM
Napoleon

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message ...
"Hazel Az" wrote
3) report the theft of your car keys, explicity stating you know who

stole
them.

We are legally married still. He can take what he wants with no legal
recourse. Unfortunately, he can take the car too.

Whose name is the car in? If it's not in his name, or at least
joint names, then he CAN'T take what he likes.

I think this is true. I believe the issue of "who gets what" in a
divorce is seperate from who has legal title to property while you are
married, that's why many divorce decrees/settlements have to include
provisions requiring one of the parties to transfer title of something
to the other so that the division of property can be accomplished.
Ask the lawyer.

I don't know what your phone situation is now that you are moving,
but I suggest changing your phone number to an unlisted one and try to
avoid giving out the number to anyone other than your lawyer during
any kind of divorce proceedings. If you don't have caller ID, I
suggest you get it if you can at all afford it and set it to block
callers that don't allow their number to be shown. There's no
guarantee, but it can't but help.

I would report the threat to the police just to get it on the record
if nothing else. My impression is that the reaction of police in
situations like this varies from place to place, some help and some
don't. Watch out for the " I need to get my stuff out of the house"
excuse; if he has anything in there that he might claim he has a right
to have, you need to make sure that others are there when he comes by.
Preferably the police.

If your husband has a job, he can be served with a restraining order
at his workplace. In general, if you have an attorney who has had
some experience in handling these kind of situations, he/she is the
best source of advice.

Best wishes and be very careful.
Old October 14th 03, 01:10 AM
Hazel Az

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...
Sounds like you can use all the prayers we can give you! (Also some
good legal advice and a couple of injuctions.) How did a nice person
like you manage to hook up with such a creep, anyway? He sounds
genuinely psychotic.

He never used to be this way, Evelyn. He got into drugs and it's made him
psychotic. He isn't the man I married that's for sure. The hard working
family man that I knew is long dead. Emotionally, I consider myself a
widow.

Hazel Az

Old October 14th 03, 01:30 AM
Yoj

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
et...

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...
Sounds like you can use all the prayers we can give you! (Also some
good legal advice and a couple of injuctions.) How did a nice

person
like you manage to hook up with such a creep, anyway? He sounds
genuinely psychotic.

He never used to be this way, Evelyn. He got into drugs and it's made

him
psychotic. He isn't the man I married that's for sure. The hard

working
family man that I knew is long dead. Emotionally, I consider myself a
widow.

Hazel Az

I am so sorry! Remembering him the way he was must make it even harder.
I am a widow, and I think I was luckier than you.

Joy

Old October 14th 03, 06:55 AM
Cathi

I wish there was more we could do here ..... but I've instructed both
cats to purr up a storm for you and yours.

(((Hugs)))

--
Cathi
Old October 14th 03, 10:25 AM
Adrian

Hazel Az wrote:
The never ending soap opera of my life. I swear....

Anyway my DH has threatened to kill me, my son and my cats since he
has found out I closed my accounts so he can't steal any more money.
I am trying to get the money together to move by the end of the week
and seeing a lawyer tomorrow to see what I can do to get him out of
my life permanently.

I have a decent job now. I just need to get over these last few
hurdles and I will be home free. I've re-keyed the locks to make
sure he can't get into the house again. Unfortunately he has stolen
my car keys so I may be in trouble there. I just have to continually
outsmart him until he doesn't know where I live anymore.

In the meantime, pray for me guys. I know that the RPCA miracles
will help get us through.

Hazel Az

Purrs and meows hoping you'll soon be free of that SOB.
--
Adrian
"The Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him."

Old October 14th 03, 10:19 PM
Lisa Katt

Hazel Az skrev i meddelandet
[...]

This kind of thing makes me so mad!

Prayers and purrs for you, your son and cats!

Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Purrs and encourgement needed Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 20 October 8th 03 06:37 PM
prayers needed Jean H Cat anecdotes 1 October 3rd 03 09:30 AM
Purrs Needed - Banana has Pneumonia Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 27 September 7th 03 07:19 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM