RSVP - a little long

Old October 21st 04, 03:03 PM
Skippy

Default RSVP - a little long

Hello everyone; my name is Mike. Flippy found me hanging out in another
cat group and invited me to stop in here, so; here I am.

I live in Kentucky, in the USA, and although I hold the mortgage and am the
bringer of feasts, there is a cadre of cats that live here that won't let me
forget who's boss.

Turvy (Bombullerina) is the matron of the clan, she is the oldest at 10
years. She rules the household with an iron will and sharp claws. She is
half of the duo of Topsy and Turvy, but Topsy was adopted by someone else
before I found them.

Mischief (Mistoffolees) is the muscle of the bunch. An ex-stray, street
smart and 13 pounds of smak-talking thug kitty.

Etcetera (Baby) was found by my mom on her farm in an old shed, along with
her 2 brothers. The best we can tell is a coyote must have gotten their
mom, as she never ever turned up. So after feeding them for a few days, she
bundled them all up and took them to her house. Now Etcetera lives here,
brother Loki with my mom, and brother Thor with my sister.

Rumpleteaser (Blondie) showed up at a co-worker farm one day late last year,
so hungry that she was trying to gnaw pieces from a feed block made for
cattle. After some bottled water and a can of tuna she was ready to move
in. So, he called me, we made a quick trip to the vet, and she's been here
ever since.

Skimbleshanks (Hobo) is the newest addition. Just a couple months ago,
several of our factory managment team were outside the plant talking, and a
little, almost handful of kitten hopped down from the wheel carriage of a
railroad car and trotted over to them. He ate all the turkey off our
production planners lunch sandwich, and as I was walking out the door to go
home, he caught a ride.

Well, thats the gang. I have hundreds of pictures of them, but none stored
online yet. I plan to upload some of them to yahoo photos, and when I do
I'll post some links. Don't know how frequently I'll be posting, but just
wanted you to know that we're here.

Mike
The early bird gets the worm;
the 2nd mouse gets the cheese!!

Old October 21st 04, 03:36 PM
Victor Martinez

Welcome Mike! Sounds like you are a perfect match for this group. I look
forward to reading about your gang. My name is Victor and I live with my
partner Tom in Austin, Texas with our seven cats:
Xoxo - elder of the clan and sleep master extraordinaire
Luna and Maya - the two girls, have played mom for the 4 younger boys
Basho and Issa - "the boys", sweetest cats you'll ever meet, they love
everybody
Fez and Rufous - "the little ones", teen-age hooli-kittens who like to
get into everything

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 21st 04, 04:53 PM
Marina

Skippy wrote:

Hello everyone; my name is Mike. Flippy found me hanging out in another
cat group and invited me to stop in here, so; here I am.

Hi, Mike, and welcome to the group. I love your cats' names. My name is
Marina and I live with my two black-and-white moggies Frank (almost 17)
and Nikki (16) in Helsinki, Finland. There are lots of pictures of them
on the webpages in my sig. Can't wait for pictures of yours!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 21st 04, 04:58 PM
JBHajos

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:03:05 -0500, "Skippy"
wrote:

Hello everyone; my name is Mike. Flippy found me hanging out in another
cat group and invited me to stop in here, so; here I am.

Hi - welcome to the Group!! You have a great fur-family there - I
love the imaginative names you've given them. Would love to see their
pics when you get them up. We currently have only two kitties - Hobo
and Speckles, plain names but appropos (is Hobo your cat's name or a
nickname?). And my daughter had a Rumpleteaser a few years ago.
Flippy is a great lady and I'm glad she sent you our way!! Hope you
enjoy the Group - I know we'll enjoy your stories!

Jeanne
Jeanne Hajos
spamguard u is i, and not is net)
===
"Anger improves nothing except the arch of a cat's back."
--- Coleman Cox
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html