Wanna Make Friends?

Old March 29th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Wanna Make Friends?

My blabbermouth son mentioned to a neighbor that I might be considering
going on a cruise. Well, in a 24 hour period a little less, have had seven,
count them, 7 neighbor ladies at my door.

Neighborly "Hear you are going on a cruise."

Me: "Maybe."

Neighbor: "Well since you will probably have to hire someone to go with
you, I would like to be considered for the job."

Me: "You don't even know the cost, why would you volunteer yet/"

Neighbor: "Well, ah, as you would have to hire someone I would assume you
would be picking up the cost."

Me: "Well, if I were picking up the cost, you are the wrong gender."

Thus ended the conversation! I can get around by myself and, once I go
someplace can get back. I figure there are enough of you who know me if you
saw me heading for the gangplank in the middle of the ocean you would stop
me. (Then maybe NOT)

Just made me madder than all get out.

Old March 29th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

7 ladies???
The Nerve of some people :/
Geeeeeez louise
Hug
Kyla
who would love to go on a cruise with you, but I'm the wrong gender too.
LOL...guess you told them
"Granby"

Old March 29th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I only said the gender thing because I was mad. I have several good friends
who would be willing to go with me. I was mad because these were the same
women who had made me feel less than human. I wouldn't go with the men they
tried to throw at me. I didn't dress as they do in the sweat pants and
such. The ones who swore I was, never mind, you get the idea.

They just made me feel all things I had fought for all my life in fact, to
do for myself were useless.
. ..

Old March 29th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I just lived through a lecture from Lee about how I missed the boat on how
much fun I could have had with this. Almost word for word what you said.
She will love this post!!!

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 7:28 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

Hey, from what you relate about these "neighbors" I would've been mad
too.
But considering the source, as they say, I would have had a lot more
fun
with them. If they are stupid enough I might have been able to make
each one
believe *she* was the chosen one, sworn to secrecy from the others,
and
have them all packed up and hot to go while I left in middle of night
with friend.
But....you are probably a much sweeter person than me and would never
think up such a scheme, huh? Then again, you might really care what
they
think of you....I am positive rpca friends would take you under their
wings on
the cruise and see to it you have a good time.

Old March 29th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

This would be funny if it weren't such a sad commentary on those trying to
get something for nothing.

While I didn't notice anyone with vision problems on our last cruise, there
were plenty of guests with mobility issues.

I would think a cruise ship could be ideal for someone with limited vision.
Once you get the hang of it, everything pretty much stays put for your whole
vacation.

I did pass on my sleeping medication for the duration. I sleep walk
sometimes when I'm taking it, and an ocean balcony didn't seem a good mix
with that. Then again I sleep well on a cruise anyway,

Jo

Old March 29th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

You got it right. Of all the vacations that seems to be the easiest. The
most I might is move their furniture around a bit. Doesn't seem a problem
for me, just these stupid people. I would like to see how they would pack,
all new sweat suits and white tennis shoes! There is nothing wrong with
these clothes but---when that is all you wear----ever!

Old March 29th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Granby" wrote in message
My blabbermouth son mentioned to a neighbor that I might be considering
going on a cruise. Well, in a 24 hour period a little less, have had
seven, count them, 7 neighbor ladies at my door.

I already offered free of charge to be your seeing eye person. Tell them
you're already taken.

Pam S.

Old March 29th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

The VERY idea!!! How dare they???
I don't blame you for being hissed off :/
Lookin for a free trip on a cruise ship...pftt !
Some 'neighbors, huh?'
Hug
Kyla
"Granby"

Old March 29th 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Granby wrote:
[...]

Oh My God. I don't blame you a bit for being mad. How very presumptuous!
And (am I right?) this same neighbor has never offered to help you "get
around" before.

Jill

Old March 29th 08, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Granby wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Now I am getting serious! Dunno what I'll have to do to get there, but
Granby, I reckon if I was there we could put on such a show that no one and
I mean no-one would dare bad mouth you again.

Yowie
scheming furiously