The trip is off

Old May 9th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default The trip is off

I've let Ginger-Lyn down and Rob as well. We got our SS rebate in the bank
today. It was half what we were supposed to get. Worse, I'm in the hole
cash wise. So I checked out the account and there is a $950.67 withdrawal
that I know nothing about. I'm going to see what is going on, but in the
mean time, I will not be able to travel with Rob and Mandy to Ohio and take
care of Ginger-Lyn's owners while she's in hospital. It was only supposed
to be for a day or two, but they were important days.

We also won't be able to go to Ft Campbell as well so that Rob can visit his
old unit. This upsets me as much as not being able to help out Ginger-Lyn.
We also won't be able to travel into the Midwest and visit Lee, Granby, and
Dan. I feel like my world has tumbled into the ground and there is nothing
left to do.

Rob tried to cheer me up by saying that now we can go to the meet and greet
in Florida, but I don't think that is happening either. I'm so depressed
today.

Pam S. crying selfish tears

Old May 9th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

(((((((Pam)))))))

Read over your post again. Your tears aren't selfish. You're concerned
about letting people down. The fact that you are one of them doesn't mean
you're selfish. It just means you're human.

Joy

Old May 9th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

[...]

This may be an overly obvious message, but have you checked with your bank
to locate the source of that withdrawal? You will not be financially
responsible if someone withdrew that money without your authorization.
Problems like sometimes take awhile -- but on the other hand, I had a friend
who was able to solve a similar problem in only 24 hours. In her case,
someone had copied her checking information and forged her signature.

Also: Those are not selfish tears. You are concerned about other people,
and I think *anyone* would be upset about a situation like this.

MaryL

Old May 9th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 9th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Pam S. crying selfish tears

They're not selfish at all, Pam - you're entitled. Getting a significantly
smaller SS rebate is a harsh blow, as is finding a big chunk of money gone
from your account. I'd be depressed in those conditions too!

Between us all, we'll figure out a way to arrange for Ginger-lyn's masters
to be watched over while she's in hospital. And Nancy and I will plan a
trip to IL or IN to meet with Gramby and Lee, and we'll find a way to get
all of us together with you and Rob another time.

Hang in there, Pam.

Dan
Old May 9th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}}} You *HAVE NOT* let anybody down - the world let you
down!!

I'm so sorry your plans are ruined. Maybe you could at least give
yourselves a weekend at a local hotel just to get away from it all - pick
one with spa services and splurge, you deserve it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney"...
Pam S. crying selfish tears

They're not selfish at all, Pam - you're entitled. Getting a significantly
smaller SS rebate is a harsh blow, as is finding a big chunk of money gone
from your account. I'd be depressed in those conditions too!

I know what you mean Daniel, our SS rebate wasn't deposited in our account
at all today, like it was supposed to.
I'm so sorry you're going thru all this Pam.
I know we've had our differences, but I really feel bad for you.

Between us all, we'll figure out a way to arrange for Ginger-lyn's masters
to be watched over while she's in hospital. And Nancy and I will plan a
trip to IL or IN to meet with Gramby and Lee, and we'll find a way to get
all of us together with you and Rob another time.

Hang in there, Pam.

Dan

Dan, you are such a kind hoomin to help her. See, LOVE conquers all.
Like he said Pam, hang in there. You haven't let anybody down sweetie.
It will all work out...somehow.
PUUUUUUUURRS
Hugs
Kyla

Old May 9th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

it is NOT selfish to want things for you and Rob... get your ass on the
phone or to that banks and figure out what is going on with that money, if
need be you get a new account opened, switch the direct deposit and ONLY YOU
have the debit card/check book, and I mean you don't even need tell anyone
you did it,,, with the amount of medical people in and out of the house and
the doctors appointments rob goes to you have no idea who has looked at what
in your house or in Rob's wallet, this is not friendly advice, THIS IS A
DIRECT "KEEP YOUR IDENTITY IN TACT" ORDER,

Old May 9th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Pam Darlin' S@@t happens to the best laid plans. There will always be
another time, if not here at the Bridge, as they say. I know you are
feeling bad but don't take this all on your shoulders. One thing at a time.
The SS thing you can't do anything about but figure out where the missing
money went, knock someone over the head and then start all over again. Been
there, done this. I too would love to go down to the gathering in Florida
but I won't even try and figure out a way. In my case it would mean having
to bring a half dozen people with me and that would end up being no
vacation. One step at a time Pam that is all you can do.

Old May 10th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

I'm so sorry your plans are ruined. Maybe you could at least give
yourselves a weekend at a local hotel just to get away from it all - pick
one with spa services and splurge, you deserve it!

That's the worst advice I've ever heard for someone in a cash crisis
situation ;-)

Tweed

Another trip to the ER Candace Cat health & behaviour 0 October 22nd 05 03:18 AM
Another trip to the ER mlbriggs Cat health & behaviour 0 October 22nd 05 01:27 AM
Another trip to the ER Sandra Cat health & behaviour 0 October 21st 05 07:48 PM
Going on a trip Karen Cat anecdotes 13 September 4th 05 11:55 AM
The Trip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 July 1st 04 12:34 AM