Poor Conan

Old June 20th 05, 05:45 PM
biggerbadderbarry

Phil P. wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

This is also unconfirmed.

Bull****. Conan's recovery was confirmed by *three* different people at the
shelter.

"Scare?" No. I would use the word "warn". The presenting symptoms
indicated a condition more complex than a simple Upper Respiratory
Infection.

Everyone is not as emphatic as others about animals or cats.
There are laws that compel a man to treat an animal with a certain
level of care,(This excluded COCK FIGHTING in South Carolina...they do
what they want with them) beyond this; you are moving in the direction
of an enthusiast, and on up to PURE ASS FREAK.

Lemme just ask you, what are shelters for?, why would a shelter have a
return policy?, and Am I missing something, The man traded one cat for
another.

He bought another cat, he was not trying to save a dollar.
To the enthusiast...this could be viewed as an outrage..
To the average man...hell, the vet tells you the cat is sick...
you go past the return date, and you potentially have a sick cat on
your hands
long term. What a disapointment, as Philip is not a vet, or equipped no
more than the average man is, to handle or take care of a sick cat.

He wanted a healthy cat.

Give it up dude. Everyone does not share your level of enthusiasm or
experience. We obviously all share some level of it, we're all posting
on the same forum under cat.things

Dang, all I see is a man who tried to nurse a cat back to health.

Couldn't just one person say, Oh, man, too bad about the cat Philip,
you sure tried! Good luck on the kitten.

And leave it at that? So lambast the man for not being pure ass freak
material

something is wrong.

Old June 20th 05, 05:57 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

This is also unconfirmed.

Bull****. Conan's recovery was confirmed by *three* different people at

the
shelter.

All anyone has to do is call 714-935-6570 and ask. Hector is the manager
on duty today. The shelter will be open in a few minutes. Conan's ID is
A0700875 since Asshole returned him. When Asshole took him home it
was P0710740. To verify that this is Conan, the record states that a
Philip _____ adopted him and returned him. I think everyone should
call just to express interest in whether he has been adopted and draw
attention
to him.

Old June 20th 05, 06:58 PM
Mary

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Mary, thanks for the history and psychology lessons! I could use both.

Hehe.

Hehe indeed! But honestly, it makes no sense to divide a human being into
"rational"
and "emotional" halves. In a healthy person both halves are entwined, and
neither is
more important, but each is essential to being human. Even a highly
functional mind
devoid of the interplay of emotion and the things like conscience that go
along with
our emotions is very scary. It's all part of that old rigid hierarchy that
has been blown
to bits in the last 50 years. Thank God.

Rhonda

Mary wrote:

"Rhonda" wrote

I know you think emotion is a bad thing, and I'm not sure why.

It is a really stupid hangover from the Enlightenment, when men
still thought women had nothing BUT emotions and Reason was
King.

The "mind over emotion" dichotomy is a false dichotomy that
allows emotionally bankrupt people to feel superior. Emotions
like compassion and generousity and love and how deeply we
feel them are the measure of our humanity.

Someone great once wrote that the measure of any society is
how they treat their poor, old, indigent, and other helpless
members. I would put pets in there too.

Phillip's thinking is not only dangerous, it is passe. His kind
are dying out. Thank God.

Old June 20th 05, 07:13 PM
PawsForThought

Phil P. wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Scare?" No. I would use the word "warn". The presenting symptoms
indicated a condition more complex than a simple Upper Respiratory
Infection.

So what was this mysterious 'complex' disease-- that resolved 2 days later?
You never did answer that question. Lets hear it.

You don't know enough about cats to know or even suspect a misdiagnosis.

My guess is the vet sized you up as a cheap inconsiderate and insensitive
creep- as many here have- and suggested you return the cat to the shelter
because he thought you would dispose of the cat cruelly if he required
additional treatment after his 'warrantee' expired.

Yep, I think this sums it up well.

Lauren

Old June 20th 05, 08:23 PM
Philip

biggerbadderbarry wrote:
Phil P. wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
[...]

Very true. Conan is still in quarantine for whatever ails him.

Old June 20th 05, 08:23 PM
Philip

dgg24364dg wrote:

So what was this mysterious 'complex' disease-- that resolved 2 days
later? You never did answer that question. Lets hear it.

You call the shelter and talk to the treating DVM yourself. Conan is STILL
in quarantine. He never was put back up on the adoption line.

You don't know enough about cats to know or even suspect a
misdiagnosis.

I am not going to second guess a vet's recommedation.

My guess is...

I really don't care about your guesses. Put them in your warmest orifice.

Old June 21st 05, 09:57 AM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
dgg24364dg wrote:

So what was this mysterious 'complex' disease-- that resolved 2 days
later? You never did answer that question. Lets hear it.

You call the shelter and talk to the treating DVM yourself.

Yeah- he was recovering from a cold.

Conan is STILL
in quarantine. He never was put back up on the adoption line.

That's not what I was told. He was up for adoption as of Friday. Your
credibilty is less than zero, so: I tend to believe the people at the
shelter.

You don't know enough about cats to know or even suspect a
misdiagnosis.

I am not going to second guess a vet's recommedation.

Then you're a fool as well as an asshole and too inept to be entrusted with
a cat's life. If your vet couldn't make a diagnosis, you should have sought
a second opinion.

My guess is...

I really don't care about your guesses. Put them in your warmest orifice.

We already know you don't care about much- other than your own, half-dead,
cheap, decrepit, old self.

You probably gave the vet the same impression you've given this group. So:
the only reason a vet would advise you to return the cat to the shelter is
because he thought you would dispose of the cat, probably cruelly if he
required
additional treatment after his 'warrantee' expired.

Another question: Why did a decrepit old cretin like you adopt a kitten
when you'll probably be dead before he reaches puberty?

Old June 21st 05, 03:17 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
dgg24364dg wrote:

[...]

Damn, Phil. I had no idea you were such an optimist.