ProPlan vs Nutro

Old August 22nd 03, 11:02 AM
*~*SooZy*~*

"Sherry " wrote in message
So anyway, is Proplan a good food?
Nutro seems like it isn't as good based on the labels... Those are the

I don't know how Pro Plan stacks up among the premium foods, but it must

be
very palatable, because it's all Bootsie will eat. I know it's not the

best
available, but buying the best does no good if she won't eat it. She is

very
dainty and petite and just picks at her food anyway. I'm constantly trying
whatever is new, just to get her to eat more. She'll eat the canned and

also
the dry. I've bought every treat imaginable, kitty milk, etc. etc. and

she
won['t touch them.

Sherry

Bebe is the same very fussy eater, she eats James Wellbeloved, Natural
Choice..... Moshi on the other hand loves his food, he will eat more of less
anything see his pic in alt.binaries.pictures.animals eating a whole raw
sardine, he was just about to eat its face off!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old August 22nd 03, 02:09 PM
kaeli

In article , ptg701
@SPAMSUCKSpacbell.net enlightened us with...

My cats always have a bowl of Nutro Natural Choice and a bowl of Chicken
Soup...Soul available. They like them both. So do the visitors that come
around looking for food. What the visiting cats don't eat, the raccoons
finish up later at night.

My cats adore the Nutro, but I had heard the quality went down, so I
switched. The Pro Plan seemed good and they actually eat it.

I wish I could also find a good quality canned food that they like. I
have tried them all, Wellness, Inova, etc. The only canned foods they
like are Trader Joe brand.

The only canned my cats will touch is that "McDonald's" kitty food -
Fancy Feast. I feel like a parent giving her kids a happy meal. They
don't actually like any canned *that* much and will always go for the
dry over the wet. If I don't give them dry, they let the wet sit there
until I feel guilty enough to put the dry back. *G* Luckily for me, they
drink plenty of water.

~kaeli~
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading
my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old August 22nd 03, 04:21 PM
Sherry

The only canned my cats will touch is that "McDonald's" kitty food -
Fancy Feast. I feel like a parent giving her kids a happy meal.

Hey, Fancy Feast probably helped save Yoda's life. He got hepatic lipodosis
following a bad reaction to vaccines, and had we not been able to get him to
start eating *something* he probably would have died. We were force-feeding SD
prescription food, and it was not going well at all, and the vet was about to
start tube-feeding him. He was so sick his bacck legs were beginning to weaken.
We got him to lick the gravy off some variety of FF, I don't recall which.
Then we offered him the Roasted Chicken and that's what got him started back
eating. We had run the gamut with premium foods, tuna, baby food, triied
everything. It's junk food for sure, and I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of
the stuff, but even today if Yoda refuses food for more than a day, I buy him
some of that Roasted Chicken.

Sherry

Old August 22nd 03, 05:55 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Fat Freddy quoth:

My cats always have a bowl of Nutro Natural Choice and a bowl of Chicken
Soup...Soul available. They like them both. So do the visitors that come
around looking for food. What the visiting cats don't eat, the raccoons
finish up later at night.

Heh! I put out a bowl of combined Nutro Max Cat and supermarket brand
(Nutro on top) on the patio. After the ferals have had their 3 squares,
the skunks come by at dusk for a nibble and some fresh water, and the
raccoons work the clean-up shift, except "clean-up" isn't the right word
for what they do to the water dish. ;-)

I wish I could also find a good quality canned food that they like. I
have tried them all, Wellness, Inova, etc. The only canned foods they
like are Trader Joe brand. I expect it's not very high quality, but the
label just says things like, beef, chicken and so forth. It doesn't
mention any meat by-products.

How about Nutro canned? My three indoor cats love it. They eat only
canned, since one can't eat dry and I want to minimize eating
complications.

Priscilla

Old August 22nd 03, 08:28 PM
Fat Freddy

I wish I could also find a good quality canned food that they like. I
have tried them all, Wellness, Inova, etc. The only canned foods they
like are Trader Joe brand. I expect it's not very high quality, but the
label just says things like, beef, chicken and so forth. It doesn't
mention any meat by-products.

How about Nutro canned? My three indoor cats love it. They eat only
canned, since one can't eat dry and I want to minimize eating
complications.

They were raised on Nutro Max Kitten, Royal Canin, and Nutro Max Kitten
canned when they were younger, but they don't like any of the Nutro
canned anymore.

I give them ProPlan canned food. The only one they like is the turkey
cubes in gravy. They lick off all the gravy and eat most of the cubes.
I also get the ProPlan salmon and the sardine in aspic. It looks really
good - big chunks of real fish - but they only eat a little of it so the
outside guys usually end up eating it.

I have three "outside cats". One is a feral who has gotten pretty tame
and lives in the garden. If he's hungry, he will eat whatever kind of
food I give him.

The other two belong to neighbors, but they come over here for handouts.
Sometimes they want the dry, sometimes they want canned food. If I bring
the wrong one, they will holler and bang on the door until I bring out
the one they have a taste for at that particular time.

Everybody (except the coons) seems to like the Trader Joe brand, which
makes me suspicious of it, but Trader Joe specializes in natural and
organic foods for humans, so I'm hoping the cat food is also good.