Poor Conan

Old June 16th 05, 07:48 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

I can't sleep thinking about beautiful Conan, his red nose
and russet stripes. I would take him if I could.

I know, he looks like my Scottie. Only my Scottie is asleep on the
ironing board (a permanent fixture, practically) having just finished
some Bast'ems, his favorite treat, and hanging out with his little
sister. All kitties deserve a good home; it makes you wonder why so
many never get one and others do, doesn't it?

Hope you get some sleep; it's pretty late where you are, only midnight
here.

Candace

Old June 16th 05, 07:51 AM
Candace

kitkatluna wrote:

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time. My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it
all, i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun! The
flurry of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?

Beddy-bye, no doubt. It seems like the majority of posters are in the
eastern or midwestern US. Kinda late back there. Snuggle a kitty and
send good thoughts to all those less fortunate...

Candace

Old June 16th 05, 07:56 AM
kitkatluna

Candace wrote:
kitkatluna wrote:

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time. My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it
all, i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun! The
flurry of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?

Beddy-bye, no doubt. It seems like the majority of posters are in the
eastern or midwestern US. Kinda late back there. Snuggle a kitty and
send good thoughts to all those less fortunate...

Candace

Yeah, i may just have to wake jasper from his slumber and bring him to
bed. If i dont, he'll wake up all confused and yowl until he finds us
anyway.

Here's to Conan, Lex, and all the other kitties of the world.
xoxox,
pam
Old June 16th 05, 07:58 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary wrote:

I can't sleep thinking about beautiful Conan, his red nose
and russet stripes. I would take him if I could.

I know, he looks like my Scottie. Only my Scottie is asleep on the
ironing board (a permanent fixture, practically) having just finished
some Bast'ems, his favorite treat, and hanging out with his little
sister.

I just sat in the guest room Cheeks likes best, trying to read.
(Where I go so I won't wake John.) She was on the pillow
next to me, then got down and stretched, kicked the snot out
of her FatCat catnip toys, jumped down and scratched her
Alpine Scratcher, had a snack, came back up with a "mrrp!"

This little cat had an asthma attack the day I brought her home
from the shelter. The woman instantly said she would take her
back. (I just called to ask if they had seen her have an attack
before.) I could not even imagine it. And though I have to watch
her, not wear perfume, be careful about cleaning products and
get her the Depo shots every few months, she is the sweetest,
funniest, smartest creature I have ever known.

All kitties deserve a good home; it makes you wonder why so
many never get one and others do, doesn't it?

For this ******* to actually show photos of him leaping,
tell us all about him, then actually have the heartlessness
to take him back to be killed just gets me.I've got tears
running down my neck and the back of my throat aches
from it.

Hope you get some sleep; it's pretty late where you are, only midnight
here.

It's nearly 3 and i have some early appointments but, man,
some things are hard to get out of your mind.

Old June 16th 05, 08:05 AM
Mary

"kitkatluna" wrote:

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time.

That has to be weird. (I thought of you last week when I had a scare--
it turned out to be okay. Had the whole big checkup thing, thought and
one thing looked suspicious.)

Make sure they put you on one of the synthetic thryoid preparations,
or be very careful about storing your medication. Animal thyroid goes
bad easily.

My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it
all, i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun!

Dayum, Payum! (As we say down south!) I hope you don't have
to go to work tomorrow. Did you catch that crap in the hospital?
Those places will kill you.

The
flurry of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?

To bed! Guess I will try again.

Old June 16th 05, 08:11 AM
kitkatluna

Mary wrote:
"kitkatluna" wrote:

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time.

That has to be weird. (I thought of you last week when I had a scare--
it turned out to be okay. Had the whole big checkup thing, thought and
one thing looked suspicious.)

Glad it was just a scare.

Make sure they put you on one of the synthetic thryoid preparations,
or be very careful about storing your medication. Animal thyroid goes
bad easily.

I'll be on Synthroid next week, right after I have the RAI (radioactive
iodine treatment)!! Im getting nuked! zoiks!

My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it

all, i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun!

Dayum, Payum! (As we say down south!) I hope you don't have
to go to work tomorrow. Did you catch that crap in the hospital?
Those places will kill you.

No more work til August. Gotta love the life of a teacher.
Didn;t catch it at the hospital. But my immune system is definitely
whacked out right now. In prep for RAI, they keep you off meds and
induce you into a severely hypothyroid state. That way the thyroid
tissue that remains will suck up the iodine like crazy. (I think you
already know this stuff). I get to start synthroid next week and I have
NEVER, EVER been so excited for a drug in my entire LIFE! Hopefully,
I'll start getting back to normal soon. Whatever the hell normal is...

The

flurry of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?

To bed! Guess I will try again.

Yeah, i'll be trying soon too.
Good luck!
Old June 16th 05, 11:28 AM
Wendy

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Saddest thing that has ever happened here. I feel sick.

It *is* sad. It's watching a cat get killed and not being able to do
anything about it. I don't understand the bull**** innuendos about
Conan having "more than a URI" or something. The poor cat probably just
had herpes or something that was triggered active by all the stress.
I hate people sometimes.

Sherry

Thank God all people aren't like that. We had a horrible time with URIs
with the really early litters of kittens this year. If their adoptive people
had been like this we'd have them all back by now. I just saw one girl at
the vet last weekend with one of my former fosters. The poor baby had her
eye infection flare back up from the stress of moving to her new home. I
don't see her new mommy resenting having to vet her and from what I heard
the love the little kitty is giving back is more than making up for the vet
visits.

Old June 16th 05, 12:19 PM
KellyH

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Candace

I wish Conan wasn't on the other side of the country or I would get him into
the shelter I'm with. I think Phillip is in So. Cal, I'm in MA. He's
probably gone so it's too late

--
-Kelly

Old June 16th 05, 02:14 PM
Catnipped

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Candace

I've haven't been able to keep up lately due to my new job. That asshole
returned Conan??! Because of a URI!!!??????

*SIGH* I guess I just have to make myself believe that, even if euthanized,
Conan will be better off than living with a creep like that. I just have
to. You guys sure this wasn't just him trolling for reactions? No, with
Phillip it's all too easy to believe he did something that heartless - he
has no heart or any human emotions - he spurns them.

Gawd I hate selfish people.

Old June 16th 05, 02:23 PM
Philip

"kitkatluna" wrote in message
m...
Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

Noon Cat Nick wrote:

Standing there alone, one of the unloved pets approaches, curious as to
why this person is also alone. And as the unloved pet and the unloved
person get nearer to each other, a miracle occurs, for these are the
ones who were meant to be together; the special person and the beloved
pet who never had the chance to meet while on Earth. Finally, now, at
the edge of the Rainbow Bridge, they meet, their pain and sorrow
disappear, and two friends come together.

They cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

I never heard either one of those. Waaaaah, now I'm sobbing. Life
just plain sucks for most animals and they're so much better and purer
than we are. I really hope the Rainbow Bridge or something very
similar exists; otherwise, what's the point?

I can't sleep thinking about beautiful Conan, his red nose
and russet stripes. I would take him if I could.

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time. My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it all,
i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun! The flurry
of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?

After the orgy, the males are sleeping and the females are having a
cigarette. ;^)

"Do you smoke after having sex?"

"Don't know honey ... I've never looked"