Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

Old September 25th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Human Litterboxes (was Cat Using toilet and toilet paper)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:25:30 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

It seems impossible for Boyfie not to "help" me if I go to the bathroom.
I swear he has some sort of radar fitted to the toilet seat that alerts
him even if he's asleep or outside.

When it's raining, Mudpie takes advantage of me having my pants down so he
can shake the water off his coat onto my legs. He did that twice last
night: he seems to stay outside in the rain until I sit on the toilet,
then he comes running in to perform his ritual. Ozy, just wipes his wet
fur against my legs - he doesn't rub them unless he's wet. Both of them
are likely to come in wet several times during a protracted rain - if I'm
in the bed, Mudpie usually doesn't bother to com in, but Ozy is perfectly
happy prancing around on the bed clothes ... and on me with his wet feet.

When it's not raining, from one to three cats usually comes into the
bathroom for a quick pet and a bit of head scritching.

--

T.E.D. )

Old September 25th 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Cussing

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

And how did *that* work? Except to teach them more swear words that
they knew already?

To be fair, there's a difference between *having* the vocabulary, and
*using* it. I could swear quite colorfully on the playground, but would
never dream of doing that at home. (And I felt dishonest hiding my "true
self" from my parents, but they wouldn't tolerate who I really was.)
Old September 25th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Ted Davis wrote in newsan.2009.09.24.23.20.18.297000
@mst.edu:

When it's not raining, from one to three cats usually comes into the
bathroom for a quick pet and a bit of head scritching.

About a month ago I noticed a dark mark near the bottom of the bathroom
door. Like the dark spots around the doorknob from the oil of human hands,
that little dark spot is from Harley rubbing her cheek against the edge of
the door. (It's her favorite piece of anatomy to get rubbed. I draw the
back of my flat hand across her cheeks to make her happy.)
Old September 25th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message ...
Ted Davis wrote in
newsan.2009.09.24.23.20.18.297000
@mst.edu:

When it's not raining, from one to three cats usually comes into
the
bathroom for a quick pet and a bit of head scritching.

About a month ago I noticed a dark mark near the bottom of the
bathroom
door. Like the dark spots around the doorknob from the oil of
human hands,
that little dark spot is from Harley rubbing her cheek against the
edge of
the door. (It's her favorite piece of anatomy to get rubbed. I
draw the
back of my flat hand across her cheeks to make her happy.)

Cats have scent glands on their cheeks and rubbing is their way of
marking something as theirs.

Jo

Old September 26th 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

Christina Websell kirjoitti:

Tweed
P.S. I offered to try and learn German - she said "don't bother, you're too
old.."
Tact lessons needed.

One is never too old to learn, it's the motivation to learn that is the
key, not the age. If you really want to learn something, you can.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 26th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Don't ever let anyone tell you are too old to learn something. I was 57
when I got my first PC and while I am no expert, I can do most anything I
wan on it.

I KNOW I can't learn French. I tried taking it in high school and one day
the teacher threw down her books and said "Miss Willis before you learn
French, you MUST learn English." My family is from Kentucky and southern
Illinois. I had the habit of cutting the "ings" off the ends of my words
plus a few other things like that. Also tended to leave the "e" off the
ends of a lot of words.

So I didn't get anymore French lessons.

If you really want to learn German, there are some excellent tapes and
courses out there. GO FOR IT.

Old September 26th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christine BA" wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:

Tweed
P.S. I offered to try and learn German - she said "don't bother,
you're too old.."
Tact lessons needed.

One is never too old to learn, it's the motivation to learn that
is the key, not the age. If you really want to learn something,
you can.

--

Very well said. My uncle Percy was taking computer classes at the
community college when he was in his eighties. He didn't want to

Jo

Old September 27th 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I don't really want to learn German, I was offering to be polite. Nüle says
it's not necessary, she would prefer to practice her English on me. No-one
speaks English where she lives, out in the wilds.
I spoke to her at the weekend, she says she's getting an English "underdose"
recently.
The only foreign language I learnt at school was French. I still retain
some of it.
It was probably too soon after the war to offer us German. Even 20 years
later it was too soon.
I do know some words of German, but they are related to our common interests
in animals, nature and flowers.
It did not help me at the airport to know the German words for hedgehog,
bees, hens, wallflowers and motorway exit..
LOL

Tweed

Old September 27th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

"Granby" wrote in message

Don't ever let anyone tell you are too old to learn something. *I was 57
when I got my first PC and while I am no expert, I can do most anything I
wan on it.

I KNOW I can't learn French. *I tried taking it in high school and one day
the teacher threw down her books and said "Miss Willis before you learn
French, you MUST learn English." *My family is from Kentucky and southern
Illinois. *I had the habit of cutting the "ings" off the ends of my words
plus a few other things like that. *Also tended to leave the "e" off the
ends of a lot of words.

So I didn't get anymore French lessons.

Heh. The only two things I remember in German are "Where is the
restroom?"
and "Where are the American soldiers.?"
LOL. But I suppose they could both be useful phrases under the right
circumstances.

Sherry
Old September 27th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message

[...]

*****

More useful than the semester of college I spent and never learned
more than how to buy a pair of ladies gloves in a department store.

It's why I'm an accountant. Wanted to be a math major, until I
figured out two things. You can't earn a living with a Bachelor's
Degree in Math unless you want to teach school high school. And I
couldn't meet the foreign language requirement to save my life. My
Spanish is passable, but they insisted on French, Russian, or
German.

Jo

Jo

Poll OT Toilet paper tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 30 November 9th 08 10:53 AM
Toilet Paper Eater Jan Harris Cats - misc 4 April 9th 05 06:06 PM
a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 04:25 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM