Second Life (OT)

Old January 10th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Second Life (OT)

Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée are
both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well. For
those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a character and
go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There are no
adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating your own little
space in the world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces.
So far the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

Pam S.
Old January 10th 10, 08:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée
are both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well.
For those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a
character and go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There
are no adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating
your own little space in the world, inviting friends over, and
visiting their spaces. So far the kids have created a castle, a space
ship, and so forth. Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment
welcome.

No, and I'm not going to (although I want to... badly). I already have
several cyber addictions, I don't need yet another to suck up my time & head
space.

:-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old January 10th 10, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

10.1.2010 3:00, tanadashoes kirjoitti:
Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée are
both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well. For
those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a character and
go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There are no
adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating your own little
space in the world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces. So
far the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

Pam S.

I've tried it but so far haven't really got hooked or the hang of it...
maybe I'll give it another go...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 10th 10, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her
fiancée are both hard core about it and want me to get into the
game as well. For those who don't know, Second Life is one of
those create a character and go into a fantasy world and
interact with it games. There are no adventures, as such, and
a lot of the fun is creating your own little space in the
world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces. So far
the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

When I looked at it, registration required debit or credit card
details, even if the player never intends to buy any "Linden
Dollars". Thanks, but no thanks.

--
MatSav

Old January 10th 10, 11:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
tanadashoes wrote:

Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée are
both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well. For
those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a character and
go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There are no
adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating your own little
space in the world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces.
So far the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

I play, but have no suggestions other than maybe trying non-human
avatars, just for a change.

Baird
who has only been there since just before the new year.

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old January 10th 10, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com
wrote:

When I looked at it, registration required debit or credit card
details, even if the player never intends to buy any "Linden
Dollars". Thanks, but no thanks.

Eh? I didn't see that!

Baird
wondering what else he missed!

Old January 10th 10, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

In ,
wrote:

When I looked at it, registration required debit or credit card
details, even if the player never intends to buy any "Linden
Dollars". Thanks, but no thanks.

Eh? I didn't see that!

Baird
wondering what else he missed!

Didn't see it either when I registered. But my registration was for an
earlier version of the game, my nick has followed on to the new one...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 10th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"tanadashoes" skrev i meddelandet
m...
Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée are
both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well. For
those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a character and
go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There are no
adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating your own little
space in the world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces. So
far the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

Pam S.

They should of course add a cat farm! That big farm and house of our dreams
where all lost and unwanted cats can live in luxury. And Tanada and your
other cats could visit.
Elisabet

Old January 11th 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"tanadashoes"
Lisa Katt wrote:
"tanadashoes"
Is there anyone here who plays Second Life? Amanda and her fiancée are
both hard core about it and want me to get into the game as well. For
those who don't know, Second Life is one of those create a character and
go into a fantasy world and interact with it games. There are no
adventures, as such, and a lot of the fun is creating your own little
space in the world, inviting friends over, and visiting their spaces. So
far the kids have created a castle, a space ship, and so forth.
Suggestions for them to add to their enjoyment welcome.

Pam S.

They should of course add a cat farm! That big farm and house of our
dreams where all lost and unwanted cats can live in luxury. And Tanada
and your other cats could visit.
Elisabet

I like that.

Pam S

Me too, that's why I post to RPCC and get to speak in Catspeak
Nice to see you Pam S, been thinking about you.

Kyla

the AIM of LIFE . abdo911 Cat health & behaviour 0 October 27th 07 05:14 PM
Life is GUD! Your Queen Cat anecdotes 2 February 19th 06 01:24 AM
OT Life After Wilma Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 November 5th 05 06:31 PM
Easy life over [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 July 14th 05 03:32 PM
A Life John Kimmel Cat anecdotes 15 September 27th 03 06:56 AM