Kitten screams

Old May 12th 04, 05:54 AM
SvpialS

Default Kitten screams

Boy, if you want to hear something that will make you cringe; come
over to my house. We just bought a siamese kitten, and the poor thing
won't stop meowing. From cute little meows to obnoxious yelps, I swear
our sanity in now a luxery.

I don't get it. It eats, drinks, potties (1&2), but still I can't
figure out what the problem is. Does it miss mom? I don't know too
much about the background of the kitten; I only know that it is very
young I made a box, and put in a ticking clock and a cozy blanket, but
that only partially helps (but it does help) .

OK, so we're not allowed to have pets in the apartment...surly you can
see one of our big concerns regarding excessive meowing. Any ideas?

TY
Old May 12th 04, 08:00 AM
Mary

"SvpialS" wrote in message
om...
Boy, if you want to hear something that will make you cringe; come
over to my house. We just bought a siamese kitten, and the poor thing
won't stop meowing. From cute little meows to obnoxious yelps, I swear
our sanity in now a luxery.

I don't get it. It eats, drinks, potties (1&2), but still I can't
figure out what the problem is. Does it miss mom? I don't know too
much about the background of the kitten; I only know that it is very
young I made a box, and put in a ticking clock and a cozy blanket, but
that only partially helps (but it does help) .

OK, so we're not allowed to have pets in the apartment...surly you can
see one of our big concerns regarding excessive meowing. Any ideas?

Let her sleep with you. Have you ever had a cat?

---

Old May 12th 04, 12:31 PM
~*Connie*~

"SvpialS" wrote in message
om...
Boy, if you want to hear something that will make you cringe; come
over to my house. We just bought a siamese kitten, and the poor thing
won't stop meowing. From cute little meows to obnoxious yelps, I swear
our sanity in now a luxery.

I don't get it. It eats, drinks, potties (1&2), but still I can't
figure out what the problem is. Does it miss mom? I don't know too
much about the background of the kitten; I only know that it is very
young I made a box, and put in a ticking clock and a cozy blanket, but
that only partially helps (but it does help) .

OK, so we're not allowed to have pets in the apartment...surly you can
see one of our big concerns regarding excessive meowing. Any ideas?

TY

Sorry to tell you, but Siamese cats are extreme conversationalists.. she
will always have "excessive" meowing.. If it is not allowed, then I suggest
you move.

Old May 12th 04, 03:39 PM
[ medic ]

Like Connie said, Siamese are very vocal cats and do meow a lot.

Of course, since you've just brought the cat in, chances are it's looking
around for other cats or even whomever had it before. When I got my first
cat he'd come from a three-cat home, and spent the first couple of days
running around meowing for other cats. My tom now, Maus, meows for me when
I'm upstairs and he's downstairs, it's his way of saying, "Moooommmy? Where
are you at?"

On a side note, if you live in an apartment that does not allow cats, why
did you get a cat?!

[ med ]

om...

Old May 12th 04, 03:57 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Boy, if you want to hear something that will make you cringe; come
over to my house. We just bought a siamese kitten, and the poor thing
won't stop meowing. From cute little meows to obnoxious yelps, I swear
our sanity in now a luxery.

Siamese are notorious for "talking". Didn't you research the breed
before you got one?

I don't get it. It eats, drinks, potties (1&2), but still I can't
figure out what the problem is.

Why do you assume there is one?
My cats talk to me all the time. All I have to do is LOOK at Isis and
she starts a little conversation. *g*

Does it miss mom?

Of course!
My cats sleep with me. Is there some reason she can't sleep with you?
How old is this kitten? She needs to go to the vet for wormings,
vaccinations, and a check up.

OK, so we're not allowed to have pets in the apartment...surly you can
see one of our big concerns regarding excessive meowing. Any ideas?

Move. You bought a cat. Live where you can have one. Or get a bunny.
Seriously. Don't try to hide a Siamese where no cats are allowed. It
just won't work. They talk up a storm. They love to climb in the windows
and mess up the blinds. They are active, fun cats. They won't thrive in
a place where they can't even look outside for fear someone will see
them or talk for fear someone will hear them. They WILL act out and
start being destructive. Say good bye to the couch.

~kaeli~
All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me
happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Abandoned blind kitten discovers new home Sjh452 Cat health & behaviour 10 December 14th 03 04:30 AM
Resident female cat does not accept new kitten Help!!!!! Dan Coleman Cat health & behaviour 4 July 23rd 03 04:55 PM