Sir Lancelot Vomitting

Old June 4th 04, 07:35 PM
soft

Default Sir Lancelot Vomitting

Sir Lancelot started vomitting a couple weeks ago about 1 tbs every
few days. Sometimes food and sometimes acid.
He started doing this once a day this week And right before he throws
up he meows so sadly - sounds sorta like a blood hound,. so we made a
trip to the vet.

I know he has reached the age where he is into everything and has to
be watched cause everything is a toy or food - (Like the spider we
stopped him from eating 2 days ago) which could be why he is suddenly
throwing up but wanted to make sure he didn't get someting lodged.

The vet said he seems to have nothing blocked and she gave us flagil
to settle his tummy. She also said sometimes kitten will start making
a cat vomit as they get older. I have never heard of this but then he
was eating adult Main Coon all day and at 10 pm he at his kitten (he
sorta goes back and forth) a few hours after the kitten food he threw
up 2 times. Maybe it is the kitten food?

Well, for now I am removing the kitten food all together to let his
tummy heal - and all treats incase its something in them (Ms Thing
throws up if I give her a certian brand - and Lucifer throws up on a
different one).

Poor guy is sleeping next to me - he did not enjoy the morning at the
vets.

Karryl
Old June 4th 04, 07:39 PM
soft

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:35:28 GMT, soft wrote:

[...]

I forgot to add - he plays normally - no loss of appetite - growing
like a weed - he is now longer than Cat 5 by 2 inches and gained 3 lbs
since his last visit. His coat is super soft and shiney - no eye
drainage and I have not been giving him the l- lysine for awhile so I
know it's not that.
Karryl

Old June 4th 04, 08:23 PM
Cat Protector

It could be hairballs. Have you tried a hairball remedy?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old June 4th 04, 09:10 PM
soft

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:23:11 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

It could be hairballs. Have you tried a hairball remedy?

Yes the vet did say that too - he does have very long hair - and I did
get a tube of laxatone - I will give him that in the evening the
flagil in the morning.

I do find that grooming him I get less hair than I get off my short
hair cats. I brush them all every 3 days and him daily. I get a little
ball of hair off him and a handful of each the other cats. But the vet
said to try the laxatone just incase. She also said he could be over
eating sometimes.

She did not do xrays today - she said he is thin enough she should
feel if he has a problem - and he wasn't tender. If he doesn't improve
then she will xray him.

I hope these things fix him up. He seems totally normal other than the
throwing up.

Karryl

Old June 6th 04, 04:19 PM
Stormlady

If it is hairballs, he could be getting them from grooming the other cats.
My two cats are constantly grooming each other. So even though you are not
getting so much fur off of him, to think he doesn't shed much, he could be
getting the fur from the cats who are shedding a lot. Maybe try brushing
them all every day to see if it makes a difference.

Old June 6th 04, 04:46 PM
MIKE

You might try growing some oat grass for him to nibble on. My cats use
it a lot and they seldom vomit.

-MIKE