kitty vs puss

Old January 24th 04, 12:50 AM
Brenda

Default kitty vs puss

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

Old January 24th 04, 01:11 AM
CK

Brenda wrote:
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Neither, he doesn't speak English...
Laku tends to come when I make a clicking sound in the back of my mouth,
a bit similar to cats' "ack-acking" when they see prey. Laku's learned
to associate my making that sound to possible treats being served.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old January 24th 04, 01:55 AM
Sheenah

"Brenda" wrote in message
I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at

night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response.

However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running,

they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not

sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

I don't think I've ever used such words to call any of my eight (plus
1 lodger). If I want them I call them by name. Those who hear me
calling immediately come running only if they think that what I want
them for may be more interesting than what they're doing. Over the
years I've had many a long wait :^)

Best regards

Sheenah

Old January 24th 04, 02:12 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:50:28 GMT, "Brenda"
wrote:

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

TuTu doesn't know she is a cat so she won/t answer to either. I
discovered if I whistle through my teeth I can get a response.
Mostly, she answers to her name -- if she is in the mood.
Old January 24th 04, 03:42 AM
Hopitus2

There is no response from any of the Evil 3 here unless they are called by
their name(s).
"Kissy-noise" gets their attention (!) but I can't imagine BT Rowdy putting
up with being called "puss".....ROFL.

:

Old January 24th 04, 04:33 AM
badwilson

"CK" wrote in message
Brenda wrote:
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure

yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Neither, he doesn't speak English...
Laku tends to come when I make a clicking sound in the back of my mouth,
a bit similar to cats' "ack-acking" when they see prey. Laku's learned
to associate my making that sound to possible treats being served.

My RB cat Nicky who was outdoor only used to come to that back of the mouth
clicking sound. Vino only comes if you say "Vino...LIZARD!!!" ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old January 24th 04, 07:23 AM
Marina

"Brenda" wrote
I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure

yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

I don't use either word, because I speak Swedish to my cats (incidentally,
puss means kiss in Swedish, and kisse means puss), but any word with an s in
it will get their attention. As for calling their names, when I call for
Nikki out on the island, Frank will come running, but rarely Nikki. Frank is
always convinced that if I call for Nikki, there is food in the offing.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 24th 04, 09:22 AM
Duke of URL

In ,
Brenda radiated into the
WorldWideWait:

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at
night. If not, I call to them.
When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response.
However, when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come
running, they rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not
sure yet about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

The sound, no matter HOW faint, of a "treats" bag being opened...

Old January 24th 04, 12:02 PM
Yowie

Shmogg has always been a "puss", but I tend to pronounce it somewhere
between "push" and "pu-j", ashe seems to come to respond to it a little
better (ie, whenever what I'm doing may be more interesting than whatever
he's doing)

Yowie

Old January 24th 04, 02:55 PM
lrulan

Jazz doesn't understand 'kitty' or 'puss'. He answers to Jazzwazzypoopoo.
Jazz's mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"CK" wrote in message
Brenda wrote:
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not

sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Neither, he doesn't speak English...
Laku tends to come when I make a clicking sound in the back of my mouth,
a bit similar to cats' "ack-acking" when they see prey. Laku's learned
to associate my making that sound to possible treats being served.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Please purr for Little Black Kitty RB lewe Cat anecdotes 16 December 8th 03 11:56 PM
Kitty yawns are so cute Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 7 December 8th 03 11:23 PM
hairless kitty mokering Cat anecdotes 8 December 1st 03 05:46 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 10:48 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM