Scary episode - Update

Old May 8th 05, 12:19 AM
KellyH

Default Scary episode - Update

Ana is now home from the vet. When I called this morning to check on her,
she wasn't eating, but I was told she was OK to go home this afternoon. I
came to pick her up, and the desk person told me the doctor wants her to
stay over the weekend. I wasn't happy about this, and I asked to talk to
the doctor and if I could see Ana.
The doctor who saw Ana this morning was not available, so I talked to
another doc who said the reason they want to keep her is that she's not
eating. I said I would rather take her home, as the vet office is not
staffed 24/7 and I was concerned about her being alone. She brought Ana out
so I could see her, and went to get the other vet. The other vet and I, who
kind-of knows me from the shelter, talked and she was assured that I know
how to do force-feeding, fluids, watch for signs of dehydration, etc so she
was OK with me taking her home. They had Ana on a/d food, which I wasn't
happy about (because of her liver shunt, too high in protein). I'm also
concerned about how her liver is handling the anesthesia and pain meds.
My poor baby is so sad looking. She's really out of it. I'll be keeping a
watchful eye on her.

--
-Kelly

Old May 8th 05, 01:14 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry she's having such a hard time, but really glad she is at
home with you. I hope she gets better soon.

Old May 8th 05, 01:33 AM
Cheryl

On Sat 07 May 2005 07:19:42p, KellyH wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

[...]

Poor Ana. She's in good hands with you.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old May 8th 05, 02:30 AM
blueberries79

"KellyH" wrote in message
[...]

Good luck Kelly, sounds like you are probably able to give her much better
care from home than the vet though, especially since you are more familiar
with her background.