Oh My!

Old May 8th 05, 11:55 PM
Catnipped

Default Oh My!

It seems we have a house guest. This little fellow followed my husband
home. We gave him some food on the deck, like we do for all the strays, but
he stayed by the back door and cried and cried. Then it started pouring
buckets here and he was huddled under the spa canopy but when he saw me
through the bedroom doors, he ran up to the door in the pouring rain and
jumped up to cry at me some more. I caved.

As soon as I picked him up he started purring like a motorboat. I've got
him sequestered in my office with a litter box and some food, and I gave him
a dose of Revolution for Kittens. But we *CAN'T* keep him. We really,
really can't. I'm going to be taking another hit in salary and we're having
trouble feeding and vetting the four we already have.

I called the rescue group I donate to and left a message saying that I would
vet and neuter him - and maybe foster for a *little* while - and could they
please give me the name of the vet they use for discount speuters.

He looks to be about 2 1/2 or 3 months old (what do you think?). He knows
what the litter box is for (as you can see in some of the pictures ;). I
have a sinking feeling that he was "dumped".

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than that he
looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear. But he just
insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 12:41 AM
blueberries79

"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

I love him, he is adorable! Good luck finding someone to keep him if you
can tear him away... I think he already found a spot in your heart though.

Old May 9th 05, 12:51 AM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
It seems we have a house guest. This little fellow followed my husband
home. [...]

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than that he
looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear. But he just
insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

Hugs,

CatNipped

He is so beautiful!!!!

Old May 9th 05, 01:32 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"Catnipped" wrote in message

He looks to be about 2 1/2 or 3 months old (what do you think?). He knows
what the litter box is for (as you can see in some of the pictures ;). I
have a sinking feeling that he was "dumped".

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than that he
looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear. But he just
insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

He is beautiful!!! Reminds me my Otto, who I found on the street when he
was around 6 months old. Otto also knew what the litter box was for and
purred like mad if I even looked at him. I only had one other cat when Otto
came along so it wasn't a hard decision to keep him. He had no fleas and
was perfectly clean when I took him in.

I would never be able to give up that little guy, but I don't have four
others to deal with.

--
Liz

Old May 9th 05, 01:55 AM
Catnipped

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Catnipped" wrote in message

[...]

Well, as expensive as the stuff is, you have to give it its due - the
Revolution has already killed all the fleas. But I got out my trusty flea
comb and a beer stein filled with water and Dawn liquid and I pulled about
10,000 dead fleas off of him. If he does have owners, they're certainly
negligent - the poor baby was literally *crawling* with fleas. I wouldn't
be surprised if he were a bit anemic from them. I still haven't heard from
the rescue group, but as soon as they give me the name of the vet they use
I'm going to make an appointment for him.

It's still pouring down raining here, but tomorrow I'm going to go around to
all my neighbors as ask if they've lost a cat, and I'll put up fliers. I'll
let you guys know what happens.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Liz

Old May 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Catnipped

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"Catnipped" wrote:

It's still pouring down raining here, but tomorrow I'm going to go

around to
all my neighbors as ask if they've lost a cat, and I'll put up fliers.

I'll
let you guys know what happens.

How long ago would they have had to have lost him for him to have that
many fleas?

--
http://www.slywy.com/

It would have to have been quite a while - I wasn't exaggerating - the beer
stein is literally black with dead fleas and flea sh*t! I spoke too soon
though, I'm still combing him and now I'm finding some live ones (although
they do look like they're dying). I just can't imagine leaving a kitten
this small outside to be eaten alive like this. Here in Houston the fleas
would pick you up and carry you away they're so thick outdoors, but still,
he didn't get like this in just a day or two.

I have him confined to my office off the garage, but the fleas are all over
me now so I'll probably have to treat my 4 girls. Does anyone know where I
could order Revolution online fairly cheaply?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 10:01 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I wish I could help but I can't suggest anything. I am the person that goes
to the shelter to renew the cat licences and walks out in tears because I
can't adopt all the cats. It bothers me until the next time I go and it
starts all over again.

I DO remember one thing my grandmother used to say... during the depression
they were dirt poor... my grandfather was a minister and was disabled due to
Parkinson's disease. With five kids, they lived hand to mouth yet my
grandmother never turned away the homeless guys that would come knocking on
the kitchen door when they hopped off the train looking for work. She would
say " where 7 can eat, so can 8" and so on.

So, after looking at that face (which I shouldn't have done, I fell in love)
I would say to you... where four cats can eat, so can five. He seems to
have taken a real shine to you.

--
..oO rach Oo.