Toilet Training update

Old March 19th 04, 02:55 AM
Yowie

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about Clumping Litter OK? (was Toilet Training
update):

I hate to further complicate things, but I have heard that clumping
cat litter can be dangerous to cats (and also people) because it can
be accidientally ingested, and expand inside the cat; there are also
chemicals that coat their (and possibly our) lungs and cause
respiratory problems.

Felix's Evil Doctor :-) [actually a very nice Australian gent, but you
know how cats are about vets] did not express concern over use of
clumping litter.

I can well imagine how clumping litter would cause serious problems if
flushed, though.

Shmogg hated the stuff, in fact, the only litter he likes is the really
cheap (ie generic brand) gravelly varieties.

Thank Bast.

Yowie

Old March 19th 04, 06:38 AM
Takayuki

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:47:49 GMT, "Charleen Welton"
yodeled:

Page used to set off the alarm sliding down the bannister until she was
caught.

snip

AFAIC there is no place that could not be improved by cats.

Page is my favorite one. Sounds so mischievous!

One type of working cat I haven't heard of yet is an operating room
cat. I can just picture one wearing a little mask watching very
closely as scalpels and sutures were being passed back and forth.

I guess that came to mind because one day, my parents and I were going
through some photos that we just had developed, and they were all
dignified pictures of significant events of one sort or another, until
we came upon one of the dog wearing a face mask and my mom's shower
cap. We just stared for a few moments, like what the hell??? Then,
we just burst out laughing. We called my little sister over and asked
her if she had taken that picture. Was the dog dressed as a surgeon,
we wondered? She got a bit huffy and said that no, the dog was
supposed to look like a cafeteria worker (they wear masks in Japan).

Old March 19th 04, 06:49 AM
Helen Wheels

Takayuki wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:47:49 GMT, "Charleen Welton"
yodeled:

Page used to set off the alarm sliding down the bannister until she was
caught.

snip

AFAIC there is no place that could not be improved by cats.

Page is my favorite one. Sounds so mischievous!

One type of working cat I haven't heard of yet is an operating room
cat. I can just picture one wearing a little mask watching very
closely as scalpels and sutures were being passed back and forth.

snip

Heh, heh, I can just imagine her circling the operating table
waiting hopefully for some tasty offcuts...

Helen Wheels

Old March 19th 04, 07:00 AM
Takayuki

Helen Wheels wrote:

Takayuki wrote:
One type of working cat I haven't heard of yet is an operating room
cat. I can just picture one wearing a little mask watching very
closely as scalpels and sutures were being passed back and forth.

snip

Heh, heh, I can just imagine her circling the operating table
waiting hopefully for some tasty offcuts...

Ewwww! If I see a surgeon doting on a really chubby kitty, I'll know
to stay away from that hospital!

Old March 19th 04, 07:55 AM
LOL

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message ...

(snip)
and stand by my recommendation to Krista ------

It wasn't me; we use Fresh Step scoopable also. Given Mike's
insistence that nothing in his world ever change at all, we are not in
the market for any new litter. That way would lie disaster, I'm sure
of it. ;-)

------
Krista
Who just prays they never change the formulation so much that Mike
notices
Old March 19th 04, 10:01 AM

Annie Wxill wrote:

Well, gee,
Theresa

I'm not sure what you mean by that response. I really do appreciate the
link and respect your decision to take the more cautious path.
I was explaining why my position is a little different. I meant no
criticism of you. I'm sorry if it looked that way to you.

Actually, it looks more like she hit the send button a little too soon.
Like she had intended to say a little more than just "well, gee" - at
least, I hope so!

Joyce
Old March 19th 04, 10:10 AM

Charleen Welton wrote:

Dewey was found in the Book Return.

What kind of creep puts a cat in the Book Return??? (Or could the kitty
have gotten in there by itself?)

Joyce
Old March 19th 04, 03:37 PM
Annie Wxill

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

(snip)
and stand by my recommendation to Krista ------

It wasn't me; we use Fresh Step scoopable also. ... ;-)
Krista
Who just prays they never change the formulation so much that Mike
notices

Sorry, Krista,
I guess I lost track of the original O.P. Whatever I said was meant for
whoever it was. ;-)
Annie

Old March 19th 04, 04:30 PM
Duke of URL

In ,
Takayuki radiated into the WorldWideWait:
Helen Wheels wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

One type of working cat I haven't heard of yet is an operating
room cat. I can just picture one wearing a little mask watching
very closely as scalpels and sutures were being passed back and
forth. snip

Heh, heh, I can just imagine her circling the operating table
waiting hopefully for some tasty offcuts...

Ewwww! If I see a surgeon doting on a really chubby kitty, I'll
know to stay away from that hospital!

Especially if he's doing liver-removals...
--
From the one-and-only Holy MosesĀ®

Old March 19th 04, 05:08 PM
Charleen Welton

wrote in message
Charleen Welton wrote:

Dewey was found in the Book Return.

What kind of creep puts a cat in the Book Return??? (Or could the kitty
have gotten in there by itself?)

Joyce

No, he didn't get in there himself, he was put in there. But rather that
than abandon him some where awful. He is a magnificent looking cat, orange,
long hair, big, dignified face.

Charleen