If we ever needed purrs

Old August 12th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default I shouldn't have been so smug

Lesley wrote:
On 11 Aug, 13:55, polonca12000 wrote:
I'm glad your knee and your

back are so much better.

Indeed they are

So what happens?

I popped to the shops to get a few bits and came back, took off my
shoes and was loading stuff into the fridge when,....

A carrier bag containing some cans of beer broke and landed on my
toe...OUCH!!!

So I now have a good back and knee and I'm still limping!!

(Just cracked up, it's very hot here, very close and humid and Sarsi
right now wishes someone would cut off her fur- no fun being a cat in
hot weather so Dave leant over and said to her- "You'd better take it
easy"

Huh? When has Sarsi done anything but take it easy?!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lots of purrs for your toe!
Polonca and Soncek

Old August 12th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
s.com...
On 11 Aug, 13:55, polonca12000 wrote:
I'm glad your knee and your
back are so much better.

Indeed they are

So what happens?

I popped to the shops to get a few bits and came back, took off my
shoes and was loading stuff into the fridge when,....

A carrier bag containing some cans of beer broke and landed on my
toe...OUCH!!!

So I now have a good back and knee and I'm still limping!!

(Just cracked up, it's very hot here, very close and humid and Sarsi
right now wishes someone would cut off her fur- no fun being a cat in
hot weather so Dave leant over and said to her- "You'd better take it
easy"

Huh? When has Sarsi done anything but take it easy?!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Ouch! I hope your toe gets better quickly.

Joy

Old August 13th 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Joy wrote:
Ouch! I hope your toe gets better quickly.

Thanks

It's a bit bruised this morning but I don't think I've done any major damage
to it

Old August 13th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Doing it again!

Lesley wrote:

Another do nothing day- alas I am now aware the week off work I so
badly wanted is coming to an end and I've done very little!

Isn't that sort of the *point* of a do-nothing day (or week)?

Joyce
Old August 18th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Amazing news someone know what they are doing

Nope Dave hasn't rushed round to where I work and challenged my manic
consultant (thanks Adrian I laughed out loud at work, for which I am
glad I have my own office else I might have been acussed of madness-
guilty) because Davy G (manic consultant) gave me the little purring
kitty in the basket (See the other thread)

I'm just totally in shock this week...

I had a dire week it's the old having a week off and going back to
work combined with having every kind of mess land on my desk-Wednesday
I opened my sandwich at 1.00 and didn't take a bite until 3.10! That I
can live with- it makes for being busy and that passes the time
better.

But I think I'm going down with 'flu as does Dave, you can guess what
he said "How can I have it? I haven't seen anyone apart from..." I got
in quick and said "Yeah me...Okay it's my fault- can we get that over
and done with now?"

My knee and foot are fine but within a day of getting back to work, my
back started to play up again so I have the expert people from work
coming round Tuesday to check my work area and recommend what needs to
be done.

But the damn thing is getting worse a few weeks ago it would hurt by
Friday and pass off by Saturday. Today I had to plan walking to the
local shop, which is less than the distance between one bus stop and
another but I had to remember there's a wall I can sit on about half
way down until the pain passes and boy did I need it!

Dave says if it isn't work related I need to get it checked out
(Adding "Not that I'm the best person to say that") so I told him what
is the point of that? I worked in orthopaedics long enough to know if
it is serious enough to require surgery I'll be unable to carry
shopping etc for some time so no point in going now because if it did
need surgery I just couldn't have it done because he can't go to the
shops etc and I would have to put it off I mean apart from anything
else there would be no-one to carry cat litter and you can imagine how
much the furry owners would like that!

Then again "Hi DOT team we have a problem- you can't rely on Lesley to
do Dave's shopping etc anymore" might wake them up! Yes, we've had
nothing at all from Klaus and the happy gang. The new crutch remains a
design concept as far as I know...It should have been done by the end
of last week and Klaus said he would make people's lives Hell if it
wasn't... so well as far as I know he's kept his word on that...looks
like it hasn't been done and my life is being turned into Hell as a
result

Dave's heel still worries me it's still paining him and I still can't
get him to go the walk-in clinic/call Klaus. At the moment the best I
can get is that given Klaus should have got the new crutch a week ago,
Dave will call them sometime Monday just in case they didn't get it
until yesterday because Dave doesn't want to land Klaus etc in trouble
by complaining..I have been pretty close to calling them again behind
his back and if he doesn't by Monday I will

On the plus side Dave can now walk to bed most nights

And the amazing news!!! I have finally found a department in the local
NHS that is competent!

A while back I mentioned Dave wanted to cancel yet another chiropdy
appointment to get his toenails cut and I spoke to the department and
found after several messes involving transport to the local hospital
it could have all been done at a clinic 5 minutes walk away so I
asked for an appointment at the end of August preferably in the
afternoon at the local clinic and the hospital promised they would
send the paperwork to them and they would do it I think at the time I
expressed the opinion I would have to start complaining about Xmas

Today the local clinic sent a letter to offer Dave an appointment on
the 3rd of September at 2.40 in the afternoon! Exactly what was
wanted!

I hope to be able to get the time off work so I can take him down
there should be okay but I am just stunned that after 10 months of
dealing with the local NHS I have found some department that did what
was asked without fuss!

Just wondering if they have a local rehab team based there

Lesley

Old August 19th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Good news..bad news

Good news:

My back is better than it was. I managed to walk to the shops today
and it was only really bad when I was coming up the stairs. Then again
it was so bad that I just had to sit down and so I slipped past Dave,
knocked a box of DVD's over and got an earful for that and he got an
earful back about it

Bad news:

His foot is hurting. He's using words like "agony" and I am using
words like "Let's go to hospital" which seem to have an amazing
analgesic effect

Anyway he's going to call Klaus in the morning- I am on a course
tomorrow ("Conflict Resolution"- that may come in useful!) but I've
told him that if he doesn't make that call I will make it Tuesday

Old August 19th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

His foot is hurting. He's using words like "agony" and I am using
words like "Let's go to hospital" which seem to have an amazing
analgesic effect

LOL!! Good way to determine just how serious someone's pain is.

Megapurrs for your back!

Joyce
Old August 19th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 19 Aug, 12:23, wrote:

LOL!! Good way to determine just how serious someone's pain is.

Trouble is since Dave hates the mere idea of the hospital so much I
really don't want to find out how much pain he would have to be in
before he went "Call me an ambulance"

I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on any sentient being....or even
Dave for that matter! :-))

Old August 19th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:

I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on any sentient being....or even
Dave for that matter! :-))

Oooooooooh. That was mean. Poor Dave, sending him lots of purrs, at least he
doesn't nearly make me waste good alchohol. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart