If we ever needed purrs

Old October 5th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default and now what?!

Lesley wrote:

So I guess we wait until Friday...fingers crossed and purrs
appreciated that it is nothing apart from my innate paranoia kicking
in

Just innate paranoia and poor communication It was just some paperwork that
hadn't been done and should have been

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 7th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Phew! I am not a domestic Goddess

What a week!

Builders in from Monday until Wednesday- did a good job and I like our
new kitchen and bathroom as I say now half our flat wouldn't be out of
place in a showroom and the other wouldn't be out of place in a
rubbish tip. Dave asked how much it would cost for the painter who did
such a good job to do the hallway and living room but that's £500,
mind you I am tempted. Dave could get the housing to do it but it
would all be white

Spent a few bob on making things just perfect, new bin and our
bathroom stuff is all coordinated I even got a front door mat and of
couse I got a couple of sticky backed hooks, one for the peg basket
and the other to hang the litter scoop on just above their tray- from
my point of view its convenient when I notice a clump and for their
point of view it's the feline equivalent of a book in the toilet-
something to do when they're on the loo- Sarsi is already working out
how to get it off so she can parade with it

On the Dave front not a lot to report the new dressings worked very
well until Friday when Cecilia decided he didn't need them anymore
(given her form she probably hadn't remembered to pack them) and since
them he's had a bit of pain as have I- he believes in sharing the
misery around- everyone thinks he should be on pain killers apart from
him of course because he would not be able to have his beer of an
evening, which is fine by me especially as he says if he can't have a
beer I can't and after a very dull week at work I've come in needing
one from time to time. We have had a couple of 3am sessions of "I
can't stand this any longer!"

Yeah I know it's an oldie (but not a goody) but once again I am back
in limbo I don't know how long it will be before Dave can re-start his
physio and it is starting once again to get to me- my brithday drink
up (you're all invited by the way) for my 50th is in 6 weeks time and
I would really like not to have a conversation along the lines of "Are
you sure youi don't mind I can't make it" from Dave and from me
(between gritted teeth) "It's Okay"...well it won't be but what can I
do?

Also as a result of the builders coming round the last two days, Dave
has got up at 8.30 and 7.30 respectively I didn't even know 7.30 am a
Sunday existed! I was so dazed at this this morning I got up made Dave
a coffee and opened a can of Coke before realising we now have found
my cup so I could have had coffee!

Yesterday Mallet came over and did the washing line and between us we
put everything (almost everything- took view that if I haven't used it
in the last few years and haven't missed it, it can go in the bin- I
mean when did we get a Moet et Chandon bucks' fizz jug? We never
drink the stuff!) back in the kitchen

Things looking good even my mice are in place (a few years ago mum
brought me a salt and pepper set in the shape of Mr and Mrs Country
Mouse, very kitsch not exactly fashionable but they're cute! Never
used them for the intended purpose but they cheer me up! Okay maybe my
taste isn't all it should be but they make me smile)

Mallet got my new line up....

So today I finally did some washing...

Uh-oh!

I forgot that the line needs to locked down so when I put the washing
on (taking the pegs from my nice peg basket, which I have even hooked
by the line) the lines promptly extended and my washing is not drying
over the bath it is drying IN the bath!

Worse still the knob to do it is on the far side of the wall and
looking closer at the instructions for the line I have to use that to
pull the line out which will be impossible as I would have to stand in
the bath to do it every time and the lines will get in the way

In fact it's on the wrong wall it should be on the other side....

Old October 14th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Another week in limbo

Hi all

Well it's not been a good week all round, Shmogg was bad enough but
then Odessa and hearing about an old friend who has also crossed the
Bridge only 18 months older than me! I am starting to feel my age

On the Dave front his ankle continues to get better but will it get
better in enough time? Dave's now going stir crazy he wnats to go out
but until he gets the all clear he can't I said he should ask the
nurses if he could start to take a little exercise but he didn't- why
should he? He can always take it out on me- I've both had and given
both barrels this week! I ended up suggesting he enjoyed this! I mean
not actually really enjoying it but not a major problem when all he
has to do is sit about and he doesn't have to go the bank/do the
shopping/cook/clean etc. I wish he would just do something! A while
back he did do a little light dusting but now he's even stopped that
because his "foot hurts"! ~In the meantime I am fetching and carrying
and without any idea when this will end..I don't want much..I'd be so
happy if he'd even open the front door when I come back from the
shops..but he points out he can't quite reach the handle, has to get
the old walking stick out to do it and isn't it quicker for me to put
the bags down and open the door myself?

I wouldn't mind but then he goes on about how he would like to get
out- how they said he shouldn't sit in here and stare at the walls, he
should take something up to get him out but since we don't know when
he can then we can't make plans

So that part of my life is really funny at the moment....

Then there's work- would you believe on Wednesday I have been in this
job for a year. I have an appaisal on Tuesday where the fact I don't
pick up pool typing is going to be raised- how do I put this nicely? I
don;t want to do pool typing..I hate audio typing..I used to have
another job as well as my own consultants bits but they took that away-
they employed someone full time to do what I used to do as well as my
other jobs and really liked doing. I was told I could then take on
some typimg/project management work to stop me being bored then
suddenly the way to stop me being bored was to dump a load more dull
audio typing on me

I am looking fir a new job

I guess when I first conned my way into the field (and that is a story
in its own right) I was just glad to get regular relatively well paid
work but now I am so bored with it that I need to do something else
but what? I lust after getting back where I belong back in bookshops
but there aren't many jobs especialy not for someone out of the trade
for 5 years I would go for a junior post but they'd say I was
overqualifed and I am not sure I would manage on a junior post income
(I currently stare at the wall for twice and more than what a junior
bookseller would get)

Oh well the cats are I think fine..think anyway- a bit worried as I
just swept up some litter from outside their box and some of it
appeared to have some blood in it possibly a little scratch they look
very fine

I sometimes think once Dave is sorted out I will shoot myself he's
already hinting that he might not be able to make my birthdat
party..not major he's missed the last two (sorry I didn't have one
last year because he was in hospital) but it is my 50th and I am
getting sick of people thinking I don't have a partner- you know like
I am so ugly I have to make one up (okay anyone who has seen me might
think I would have to)

Old October 15th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
Hi all

Well it's not been a good week all round, Shmogg was bad enough but
then Odessa and hearing about an old friend who has also crossed the
Bridge only 18 months older than me! I am starting to feel my age

snip
I sometimes think once Dave is sorted out I will shoot myself he's
already hinting that he might not be able to make my birthdat
party..not major he's missed the last two (sorry I didn't have one
last year because he was in hospital) but it is my 50th and I am
getting sick of people thinking I don't have a partner- you know like
I am so ugly I have to make one up (okay anyone who has seen me might
think I would have to)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lots and lots of hugs and purrs for you, Lesley,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 20th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Another week in limbo- the sequel

On 15 Oct, 13:16, polonca12000 wrote:
Lots and lots of hugs and purrs for you, Lesley,
Polonca and Soncek-

Thanks Polonca and Soncek

This week hasn't been too bad. I can walk normally again (until the
next accident anyway) through I am still wearing a plaster on the back
of my ankle, a month after it got caught by that door because there's
still a scab and some new skin there so I don't want to open it up
again and aggravate things.

(A year ago today is the day I lost the plot on Phyllis Friend Ward
and got Dave out of there on a chair for the first time!)

Work has been okay, had an appraisal on Tuesday, which degenerated
into a farce when the worse thing mentioned was (by one of the
registrars who is obviously training to be a consultant!) I had
printed her letters with the wrong letterhead....Sweet!...Because I
was able to point out to my line manager I had asked the person
responsible for ordering the right paper for some 3 months ago and the
right person was her!

It's amazing anything gets done at that place, there's no clear line
of command . Example we have the most erratic photocopier, it breaks
down half the time but when you report it, no-one knows who to report
it to so it can sit for days until someone does. I have volunteered to
make myself the person you report it to and the person who will then
call out the engineers and chase them up if needed but have had no
takers. My line manager has enough on her plate without doing the
routine reordering of stationery stock....I did that for 20+ years and
would take it on but they all look at me as if I am mad. I volunteered
to do something which will eventually need someone trained to do it
and got a nice email from the Operations Manager saying thanks for
volunteering but we don't need someone to do it now so I won't support
you doing it!

I am prepared to do ANYTHING if it doesn't involve blood taking to
provide variety in my job and stop me having to do a load of audio
typing but it seems they block my every attempt!

Oh well...I am not so desperate I HAVE to get out of there but I am
looking around I have told them I wanted some more variety and if they
can't or won't then I shall take matters into my own hands

Dave's had his district nurse visits and they agree his leg is now
getting better even through he asked they will not say when they think
he might be able to get back to physiotherapy in fact they admit (well
one did) these days they're not allowed to in case things don't work
out and the patient then sues on the grounds "I was told it would be
better by...."

Claus called on Tuesday through to say from the reports he is getting
he will soon be back giving Dave his physio, Dave seems to think Claus
is going to ignore the gap (2 months and counting) and expect to go
straight back to what he was doing before, Dave is saying maybe he
should do a little exercise to get ready. However on the grounds of
risking being sued none of the district nurses are prepared to say
whether he should or should not...Once again there is no joined up
thinking, they could go to the physio team and ask when Dave can start
some gentle exercise programme but they won't. So Dave is half
thinking about it and half worried he might do himself another injury
if he does

I am starting to invite people to my birthday party but I don't know
if Dave will make it okay that's sort of embarassing but then again it
is my party and I don't want to have to spend the evening watching out
for him when it should be MY evening

Okay the best I am looking for is he doesn't make the party but
perhaps on my actual brthday (2 days later) he could take me out for a
meal even if it's only the "Half Moon"

Oh alright if he doesn't make it I am going to feel he's let me down
but I guess I should be used to that by now.....

Old October 28th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default The endurance trial goes on

Another week I am suprised at what I am now starting to regard as
normal- I no longer seem to mind too much when Dave comes to bed and
breaks my sleep up for the night! In fact some nights I have gone to
bed then woken up in the morning with him next to me and no or only
vague memories of his coming in. I think I can now get him into bed,
switch everything off and move the wheelchair in my sleep!

Last night he even went to bed before I did so I faced the 5th or 6th
unbroken nights sleep in 9 months! Would you believe I kept waking up
and wondering when he was coming to bed then realising he was next to
me already!

Both of us have had head colds- I didn't go to work Thursday and would
not have gone Friday but my boss is off so I had to cover her phones,
which means despite being on drugs (Cold capsules) my voice is fading
and I have to cover for her again tomorrow so I am not speaking to
Dave at the moment (or anyone else for that matter)

Dave looking even more dubious for the birthday party- he keeps saying
he'll try but he's not sure if after so long off his feet even if he
could make the stairs that he could use the toilet in the pub and
there is a bit of me thinking "Just once in my life I would like to be
the centre of attention and if he comes I'll be expected to sit and
keep an eye on him all night!" I know some people will get quite nasty
about "Doesn't he even care enough to make it to your birthday party?!
but to me that's not an issue- it's more a case of "No offence but I
can have a better time at the moment Dave if I don't have a repeat of
the Planet Gong gig at my own birthday party"- Nasty or what? I am not
saying I won't wish he was with me or that payment for sliding out of
this won't be due i.e. He can take me out for a belated birthday do
when he's ready

Still his ankle is improving, they're now saying it'll be clear in a
month or so but they were saying that in September! sometimes I just
look back and wonder when this will end and how (If he's left
permanently in a chair or at least for a lot of the time then perhaps
early next year we have to look at somewhere with a lift or on the
ground floor!)

Chiropody after a promising start at efficiency reverted to NHS form.
They were supposed to come Thursday but didn't show. I called them
Friday and the guy swears he rang the doorbell and didn't get an
answer. We were both in and our doorbell works! So they've said it
will be another 4 weeks....This has left Dave hoping the dreaded
Cecilia appears, she's always going on about the length of his
toenails and why he doesn't get them seen to....alas so far she hasn't
shown

And I am making a start on sorting the job out- I have applied for two
one of which would be a serious promotion (as well as right up my
street) and the other...would you believe it would be doing
administrative/secretarial support in an intermediate care unit i.e.
like Thames House! I always said I could organise things better in
that place and I might as well get something out of the whole
experience

As I said to Tessa over lunch on Friday I am not unhappy where I am,
it's just in another year I can see myself being unhappy and I'd then
be taking any way out even if it wasn't necessarily the right one-
both these jobs interest me but at the moment I can afford to pick and
choose what I apply for

And so we grumble onto another week

Main thing- cats are very fine!

Old October 28th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
snip
[...]

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to recover from the cold and get
the job you want,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 29th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

I'm sorry you have a cold, and even sorrier you can't stay home and take
care of yourself. Of course, if you were home, I suspect you'd be spending
more time taking care of Dave than of yourself.

I hope you don't spend too much time feeling guilty about wanting to
celebrate your birthday without having him there. You deserve some time to
yourself and a little attention that's just for you alone.

Best of luck with the job decision. That is definitely the time to look for
a job - when you can pick and choose.

Joy

Old October 29th 07, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Joy wrote:

I'm sorry you have a cold, and even sorrier you can't stay home and take
care of yourself. Of course, if you were home, I suspect you'd be spending
more time taking care of Dave than of yourself.

You got it in one! I am at work right now and swallowing cold cures but at
least I am not listening to Dave telling me how bad his cold is!

Old October 30th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

The cold appears to have finally more or less disappeared

The tissue viability nurse came round today (she was supposed to come back 3
weeks ago) and she thinks Dave's got whatever it was that put him in hospital
in the first place again! He's going to have to wear those compression
bandages again and this time he is going to have to wear them on his toes.

Also they've lost his last doppler results so they'll have to do it again! He
really hated the last time they did it!

So we're going nowhere once again- I'll fill you in when I have more details